The RB situation needs addressing ASAP

This three headed hydra running back situation is getting us no where.

Our offense cannot get in any rhythm whatsoever because of it.

Trade Jeremy to Philly and give Mixon his 20+ rushes per game.

Marvin has even said he didn't realize how good Mixon is, but yet he is only getting minimal touches.

To quote Chad Johnson, "DMNDS" (Don't make no damn sense)

I mean, you can "address" the running back issue. But, you're likely just pushing paper around...the real mess is the offensive line.

We all know it, not everyone chooses to discuss it full time because its more interesting to discuss matters pertaining to position players. However, that's simply not where our problem lies. 

I have to agree. I think we should have Mixon and Hill alternate some, but with a focus on Mixon being the starter and Hill being short yardage primarily, and Gio only on third downs. I love Giovanni Bernard to death but he's going to get killed being asked to continue to run between the tackles. It isn't his strength and plus, our oline sucks. 

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I have to agree. I think we should have Mixon and Hill alternate some, but with a focus on Mixon being the starter and Hill being short yardage primarily, and Gio only on third downs. I love Giovanni Bernard to death but he's going to get killed being asked to continue to run between the tackles. It isn't his strength and plus, our oline sucks. 

Why can’t our OC and Marvin see this?

On 9/15/2017 at 10:43 AM, SmoothD said:

This three headed hydra running back situation is getting us no where.

Our offense cannot get in any rhythm whatsoever because of it.

Trade Jeremy to Philly and give Mixon his 20+ rushes per game.

Marvin has even said he didn't realize how good Mixon is, but yet he is only getting minimal touches.

To quote Chad Johnson, "DMNDS" (Don't make no damn sense)

Hill is averaging a full yard per carry more than Mixon this season.

6 hours ago, mmaattw said:
9 hours ago, Jason said:
Hill is averaging a full yard per carry more than Mixon this season.

Hill is playing his last season as a Bengal. Giving him the bulk of the carries does not make any sense.

Hill is playing like a guy trying to earn a contract.  Let him earn a contract somewhere and take some tread wear off Mixon this year.

I have been watching football for years, and all of this talk about a RB having ot "get in a rhythm" is bullshit.  I have seen tons of RBs start the game running the ball well.  Teams that are good at running the ball can run it well from the first carry of the game.

Archived