Jump to content

Recommended Posts

HOLY SHIT it's a miracle!
 
So excited for Hobson!!
 
Bengals are LAZOR Focused.
 
Maybe they will bring back Brat and we can all enjoy the halfback pitch!!


Hahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, palmer4mvp said:

What do we know about Lazor?  He obviously was removed as the Dolphins OC but they didn't have the talent or potential this Bengals team has. Anyone have insight to think this guy can unlock some doors?

He was let go four games into 2015 when head coach Philbin was fired.

 

His 2014 as Miami's OC was pretty successful, especially compared to the Miami's 2013 offensive showing (he wasn't OC for them in 2013).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

On one hand - at least the Bengals made a move.  Not sure if it was the correct one.

Half measure. Everyone knows this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, membengal said:

He was let go four games into 2015 when head coach Philbin was fired.

 

His 2014 as Miami's OC was pretty successful, especially compared to the Miami's 2013 offensive showing (he wasn't OC for them in 2013).

Lazor was the guy responsible for making Ryan Tannehill a "Franchise QB" for a season or so. He was only let go by the Phins because they got rid of Philbin and his entire staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

On one hand - at least the Bengals made a move.  Not sure if it was the correct one.

It was as correct a move they could make at this point in the season...Zampese clearly sucked, start their and see what happens before the dumpster fire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

So excited for Hobson!!

 

Bengals are LAZOR Focused.

:lol:

 

The sad part is... there is a very, very high percentage chance Hobson will use this "pun", and soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

HOLY SHIT it's a miracle!

 

So excited for Hobson!!

 

Bengals are LAZOR Focused.

 

Maybe they will bring back Brat and we can all enjoy the halfback pitch!!

Does this also mean that Andy will be throwing nothing but Lazors now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bengals7833 said:

I read that Marvin considered taking over play calling but then he realized he would have to stay awake for the whole game so he declined

Luckily he *will* be taking over as QB coach:

 

"Ok Andy, we're going to run up the gut as I've instructed.  Gio is ready to go.  I'll get Huber warmed up.  Just tell the line to keep chopping wood and smash them in the mouth, we are a power-running team after all.  Oh, and not under any circumstances are you to audible out of it.  That's a good thing.  Football plays.  We need to make more plays than the other team.  Eh heh heh heh. *grin*"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thats just part 1 - part 2 and Hiss if you must - if andy has zero production in the first half against Greenbay - sit HIM! start A.J. in the second half - something has got to move this offense forward. New leadership!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

It was as correct a move they could make at this point in the season...Zampese clearly sucked, start their and see what happens before the dumpster fire.

The person that decided to let Whit and Zeitler go before having  even marginal replacements on board is the person that needed to go but I doubt Mike Brown would fire a family member or Marvin.  They cut Zampese off at the knees last year not resigning Jones or Sanu and finished with his arms with Whit and Zeitler.   Guess this means Lewis gets another year since it wasn't his fault Zampese was so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The person that decided to let Whit and Zeitler go before having  even marginal replacements on board is the person that needed to go but I doubt Mike Brown would fire a family member or Marvin.  They cut Zampese off at the knees last year not resigning Jones or Sanu and finished with his arms with Whit and Zeitler.   Guess this means Lewis gets another year since it wasn't his fault Zampese was so bad.

No, If they don't turn it around and like fast - there will be no way Marvin stays after this year. I think Andy would be out too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The person that decided to let Whit and Zeitler go before having  even marginal replacements on board is the person that needed to go but I doubt Mike Brown would fire a family member or Marvin.  They cut him off at the knees last year not resigning Jones or Sanu and finished with his arms with Whit and Zeitler.   Guess this means Lewis gets another year since it wasn't his fault Zampese was so bad.

I think Mike Brown is the person responsible for those decisions. He decided to low ball Whit by only offering him 1 year and he doesn't value OG's because he's the most progressive mind in the league...or not.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mhfinks said:

No, If they don't turn it around and like fast - there will be no way Marvin stays after this year. I think Andy would be out too.

Lets start with Marvin first.  Andy or AJ needs to be gone next year for something decent in return.  I have a hard time blaming Dalton for what has happened the last 2 years personnel wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree - Fire Marvin First - However - Andy has not played well in prime time for 7 years! Andy has looked terrible this season - especially in the RED ZONE! I just think we should look at AJ before we release him into FA at the end of the year! I believe the time to assess him is now!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

I agree - Fire Marvin First - However - Andy has not played well in prime time for 7 years! Andy has looked terrible this season - especially in the RED ZONE! I just think we should look at AJ before we release him into FA at the end of the year! I believe the time to assess him is now!

I agree but my guess is we will try and win the next game or 2 with Andy.   If it is a shit show and we drop to 0-3 there is no reason to not give AJ a shot.

 

The real issue is does the 9 day old O Coordinator have the balls or ability to make that switch??  Does Marvin?

 

Certainly if it gets to 0-4, 1-5, 2-6 then you might as well let AJ play out the season. Find out what he can do.   Don't forget Dalton's contract was designed for this contingency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I agree but my guess is we will try and win the next game or 2 with Andy.   If it is a shit show and we drop to 0-3 there is no reason to not give AJ a shot.

 

The real issue is does the 9 day old O Coordinator have the balls or ability to make that switch??  Does Marvin?

 

Certainly if it gets to 0-4, 1-5, 2-6 then you might as well let AJ play out the season. Find out what he can do.   Don't forget Dalton's contract was designed for this contingency. 

I see your point, i think if it turns into a shit show then you have to make the change. As for week 3 - there is no way i can see the Bengals turning it around in 9 days - i think it may be the bi-week before we see any turnaround or real change. I am stunned at the lack of success both last year and this year so far. As for Andy's contract - i think he will be gone - we won't pay him unless he produces. Unfortunately, even if AJ took over and performed well, would we even commit to a contract - or would we simply look for the best rookie coming out of next years draft. Huge questions for the next head coach of the Bengals to answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember where but I thought I read somewhere in the offseason that one of the reasons that Brown didn't re sign Whit and Zeit was because the new tackles were Marvin picks and that Brown wanted Marvin to prove it or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the right move. I'm surprised they actually did it. You couldn't get a better HC than Marvin mid season, but a ham sandwich will be a better OC than Zampese. Even choosing plays at random out of a hat would be better. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The person that decided to let Whit and Zeitler go before having  even marginal replacements on board is the person that needed to go but I doubt Mike Brown would fire a family member or Marvin.  They cut Zampese off at the knees last year not resigning Jones or Sanu and finished with his arms with Whit and Zeitler.   Guess this means Lewis gets another year since it wasn't his fault Zampese was so bad.

Zampese couldn't do shit *with* Zeit and Whit on the roster, what makes you think his opportunity to succeed was necessarily gutted this offseason?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Zampese couldn't do shit *with* Zeit and Whit on the roster, what makes you think his opportunity to succeed was necessarily gutted this offseason?

Right. While the oline was/is in fact terrible and a big factor in our lack of success on offense so far this season, aside from Dalton's poor play the playcalling has been atrocious. 

 

I heard Lap on the radio earlier today with Dan Hoard mentioning that Zampese's playcalling drove him crazy because he was being reactionary to what the defense was showing him rather than punching first. He also said that Zampese had way too many plays for various situations and that the offense would be better served by simplifying things.

 

Not putting John Ross back into the game after his fumble was just fucking stupid. When a guy makes a mistake, especially when he's the fastest man in the NFL, you go back to him to get his head back into the game. He's an obvious playmaker, and the offense sure could have used a spark last night.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mhfinks said:

if andy has zero production in the first half against Greenbay - sit HIM! start A.J. in the second half - something has got to move this offense forward. New leadership!

I would do it if only to maybe slap Andy out of any complacency. We WILL sit your ass down if you continue to suck. Yes he's our franchise QB, and yes he's shown that he can play as good as he can play poorly, but we have other players on the roster. Much like they sat Ross needlessly after the fumble.

 

Anyway, NFL playcalling isn't so complicated. Run it sometimes to open the play action. Pass deep sometimes to open the run. Pass short sometimes to make up for soft underneath coverage. So Bork Lazor will be fine as long as he has some balls enough to not just do the "run Gio three times up the gut and then punt it". Which is worse than the old run run pass punt days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont really believe Dalton is all that bad but he definitely wilts under pressure. Idf this continues McCarron needs to be given a shot. Also if we are to have any chance this year we need a new LT for sure...someone to stabilize the OLINE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...