Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Good move.  I hope Lazor gets the job done.  It may seem lazy, but bringing in an outside OC at this point in the season could be a big mess.  At least this guy knows the basics of the offense that has been implemented.  He can modify instead of trying a full overhaul in the middle of the year.  I hope he is "interim" OC.  He needs to earn the full time gig.

Well we wouldn't want this offense to get messy lol. In all seriousness, il just happy he's only been in the organization for a year plus. He hasn't been Bengalized just yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't see the issue with bringing in an outside guy mid-season. NFL teams all generally run all of the same plays, they just use different lingo and signals which change from game to game anyway. I'd assume all of these guys playing football and coaching football for millions of dollars would be able to handle an OC change with 14 games to play without a full offseason.


I disagree with all of this.

You're confusing audibles with the actual language of an offense.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Half measure. Everyone knows this.

Nah.

The question is "Would you rather have an interim Head Coach with Zampese remaining at OC?"

The offensive gameplan was consistently bad last year. This year it's been comical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any way is it at all possible we give McScooter a shot before it turns into a shit show? I'd like to be further proactive and avoid anymore shit showing from our sharts for the remainder of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it wasn't so much that Ken zampese was bad but the coeyell offense should have never been brought back Cincinnati knowing that it did not play to Andy dalton strength's.

zampese should have been give the job when Carson was still here,because his offense better suited Carson then it did Andy dalton.I don't know if bill lazor is the answer but he dose from a joe gibbs and mike holmgren background.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two articles about Lazor on the dotcom and not one mention of the OLine.  Guess he doesn't even want to think about them.  Guess I don't blame him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say they need to have a serious competition in 9 days. Dalton starts. 

Whichever QB doesn't lead the team to points sits on the next drive. I don't think it gets anymore fair than that. 

We have two decent quarterbacks might as well see which one has the hot arm that day. Which one is best to go against a particular defense. We need shake it up. I have always like 2qb systems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Before it becomes a shit show?  Would that not require time travel?

Were two down. If we're going to be serious about turning it around it starts next Sunday in Green Bay. We go into Green Bay and win and everyone around the league is breaking their necks looking at that score. 

Hate to see it be well roll Dalton out there and maybe if it turns into a shit show again we'll sit him.... Now is the time for a full on QB competition in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, snarkster said:

I'd have rather have seen Alexander gone.  Amazing he wasn't named Zampese's replacement.

This seems to be getting lost in all this mess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cat said:

This seems to be getting lost in all this mess...

 

Alexander is apparently untouchable.  He's the only pre-Marvin holdover left and the one constant through all the OL struggles over the last 10 years.  When the team brought in McNally as a consultant I'd hoped it was a transition plan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Were two down. If we're going to be serious about turning it around it starts next Sunday in Green Bay. We go into Green Bay and win and everyone around the league is breaking their necks looking at that score. 

Hate to see it be well roll Dalton out there and maybe if it turns into a shit show again we'll sit him.... Now is the time for a full on QB competition in game.

 

they already do it for RB's.. fuck it..just keep treating them like pre season games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Big Alice said:


Nah.

The question is "Would you rather have an interim Head Coach with Zampese remaining at OC?"

The offensive gameplan was consistently bad last year. This year it's been comical.

To answer your question. No. Fire them both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I don't see the issue with bringing in an outside guy mid-season. NFL teams all generally run all of the same plays, they just use different lingo and signals which change from game to game anyway. I'd assume all of these guys playing football and coaching football for millions of dollars would be able to handle an OC change with 14 games to play without a full offseason.

 

having played college football I could not disagree more with your thoughts.  The "lingo" from different systems is daunting.  9 days is not enough time.

 

There aren't great OC's just walking the streets.  Most already have jobs.  Why would anyone leave their current job for a lame duck coach with a volatile locker room?  

 

The hire had to come from in house.  Hopefully this guy will simplify, and establish an identity.  He needs to figure out how to get AJ the ball.  Put him in the slot, motion, SOMETHING.  Get Mixon the ball in space.  

 

And most importantly,  find a way to hide the terrible one on one pass protection of the offensive tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mgbrown66 said:

 

having played college football I could not disagree more with your thoughts.  The "lingo" from different systems is daunting.  9 days is not enough time.

 

There aren't great OC's just walking the streets.  Most already have jobs.  Why would anyone leave their current job for a lame duck coach with a volatile locker room?  

 

The hire had to come from in house.  Hopefully this guy will simplify, and establish an identity.  He needs to figure out how to get AJ the ball.  Put him in the slot, motion, SOMETHING.  Get Mixon the ball in space.  

 

And most importantly,  find a way to hide the terrible one on one pass protection of the offensive tackles.

That's the main reason I'm OK with Lazor for the time being after thinking about the whole situation a lot more. I think the people acting like these pro players and coaches can't adapt to a slightly different playbook are overreacting with those thoughts, but that can be an argument for a different day.

 

Best case scenario is we pluck someone from a different team over the offseason and get some fresh ideas in here. The only coaches I actually thought were deserving of various promotions are in different cities now so I'm just annoyed with the friends and family discount strategy the Mike Brown employs. I totally realize that it's very common for an interim OC/DC/whatever that has to come in midseason is almost always an in house guy, but I'm just afraid that he's been given the job permanently without any outside competition with how Mikey operates. To be fair, Lazor hasn't been here forever and did have a good year with Tannehill, but I'd still like to see a whole new coaching staff come in here for 2018 even though I know that probably won't be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'd still like to see a whole new coaching staff come in here for 2018 even though I know that probably won't be happening.

 

No, it'll be a whole new coaching staff plus Assistant Head Coach Paul Alexander. 

 

Unless they make him the HC, of course.

 

:suicide:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

No, it'll be a whole new coaching staff plus Assistant Head Coach Paul Alexander. 

 

Unless they make him the HC, of course.

 

:suicide:

You shut it. 

 

Shut your dirty, whore mouth.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

No, it'll be a whole new coaching staff plus Assistant Head Coach Paul Alexander. 

 

Unless they make him the HC, of course.

 

:suicide:

 

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

You shut it. 

 

Shut your dirty, whore mouth.

Exactly what I was thinking lol. :8_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sois said:

 


At least he always delivers.

 

If Dalton has a good game next week Hobnob will have some shit about "Dalton Throws With Lazor Accuracy "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...