Cleveland Browns make a QB change in the second quarter.

Just now, T-Dub said:

I didn't realize the Browns QB had gotten them to the postseason almost every year, great comparison.

So, you are happy the way the coaches are coaching the offense? Well, I am not! I am tired of Andy’s play. Things are not always black and white.

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

So, you are happy the way the coaches are coaching the offense? 

LOLwut

Though if you want to talk about coaches instead of the QB, keep in mind that McSkeeter started 6 games.  It's not like they haven't had a chance to evaluate him.  You can think they don't always play their best 22 but they know what he is.

I will laugh at all of you in this thread when Andy leads us to another loss next week in Green Bay.

Let’s see what Green, Jones, and others say about Andy after the Green Bay loss.

You would rather get another loss then see what A.J. can do.

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

You would rather get another loss then see what A.J. can do.

That's mostly my point right there;  we have seen what AJ can do.  If you want to say the coaches should pull the plug on AD, fine, but McSkeeter started 6 game for them so it's not like they don't know.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This thread gives me a migraine.

This thread gives me a huge laugh.

First we assume that we should compare Dalton to a rookie QB.

Then we are supposed to do whatever the Browns do because they are the gold standard of success. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

A.J. is our last chance for a winning 2017 season. If we don’t make the switch, we will lose to Cleveland!

Well Rick I don't think you know your ass from your elbow with this QB non-controversy stuff, but I do admire your commitment.  

Like I said before, just be patient.  This OL isn't going to keep any QB in the game for long.  You'll get your wish.  We could see 4 or 5 starting QB's before it's over.

giphy.gif

I whole heartily agree with the OP.

Yes we have seen what McSkeeter can do and it's a hell of a lot more than Dalton that's for fucking sure. 

I saw McSkeeter March this shitty ass team down the field in the rain on a cold winter night for what shouldve been the winning points for the first playoff win since a few years after I was born. Against the bad ass Stealers. Until the rest of the thug nation members on the team'' hill, pac,taze, fucked it up royally......

Dalton has not played one microcosm as well as McSkeeter when the pressure is on.   That is for dam sure. Put Dalton out there in the rain that night and I gurante we're not even close to winning let alone dam near sealing the W before the ducking idiots acted up.

I've seen Dalton play like complete shit in 5 playoff games.... I saw McScooter win is our first one in decades....

That's enough for me. Bench Dalton's ass and roll my boy out there. Hes a winner Dalton is a loser... Sorry to say but that how life goes sometimes. Some guys are good at winning while others are good at losing.

I think a QB who actually goes through progressions and doesn't freak out when his first option is covered would make even the line seem less incompetent.  There have been plenty of instances where the line gave Dalton time but Dalton freaked out and started to abandon the pocket immediately after his first read wasn't available and ran right into pressure.  That's not on the OLine, that's on the QB.  And honestly, I think McCarron is good at that part of the game, he has way more pocket presence than Dalton does.  That's a huge part of playing QB.  

I don't have a clue what the hell you Mccarron guys are talking about.

In 2015 we saw Dalton and McCarron playing behind the same line throwing to the same defenders.  Here are the results.

Andy Dalton......250.0 passing yards per game. 106.2 passer rating, 10-3 record including wins over 3 playoff teams (KC, Pitt, Sea)

McCarron.......191.0 passing yards per start (208.8 if you count the first Pitt game where he came in the first quarter). 89.7 passer rating, 2-3 record with with zero wins against any team that won more than 5 games that year.

52 minutes ago, Khatmandude said:

I think a QB who actually goes through progressions and doesn't freak out when his first option is covered would make even the line seem less incompetent.  There have been plenty of instances where the line gave Dalton time but Dalton freaked out and started to abandon the pocket immediately after his first read wasn't available and ran right into pressure.  That's not on the OLine, that's on the QB.  And honestly, I think McCarron is good at that part of the game, he has way more pocket presence than Dalton does.  That's a huge part of playing QB.  

You are completely delusional.  McCarron was clueless in the pocket.  That is why in 2015 he took 15 sacks with just 160 attempts (1 sack every 10.7 attempts) while Dalton just took 20 sacks in 386 attempts (1 sack every 19.3 attempts).McCarron's pocket awareness is one of the weakest points of his game.  And the saddest part was that, on average, Mcarron took almost twice as many sacks while just playing dink and dunk football (only 10.5 yards per completion) while Andy was pushing the ball down the filed much more (12.7 per completion).  I only have the regular season numbers on passes thrown 20+ yards past the line of scrimmage, but in 2015 Dalton 91.7 rating on 51 attempts (718 yards, 6 tds) while McCarron had a 78.0 passer rating on 14 attempts (194 yards 1 td)

McCarron has a losing record as a starter (2-3) and has never beaten a team that finished better than 5-11.  Calling him a "winner" is laughable.

I am not doing this to bash McCarron.  I am glad we kept him.  We have one of the best back ups in the league.  But claiming he looked better than Dalton is a complete joke.

Archived