Bengals want Kaepernick - BS Alert

Why is this automatically BS?  Some guys in the locker room may feel empowered if they truly did demand Zampese's firing and it happened.  Now they may set their sights on Dalton.  I don't think this would be more than a few players, but I don't see this as automatic BS.  It may be, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.  Lots of raw feelings on the race issue could easily boil over in a losing locker room as well.  We will see over the next few weeks.

19 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Why is this automatically BS?  Some guys in the locker room may feel empowered if they truly did demand Zampese's firing and it happened.  Now they may set their sights on Dalton.  I don't think this would be more than a few players, but I don't see this as automatic BS.  It may be, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.  Lots of raw feelings on the race issue could easily boil over in a losing locker room as well.  We will see over the next few weeks.

It may not be. It's just my opinion. It seems to be top priority for the media to keep him in the limelight and I know it's not beneath them to fabricate scenarios for him. Especially when their sources can be anonymous.

I don't think the players demanded Zamboni's firing nor do I believe "Marvin fired him" as some media reports have it.  MikeandKatie fired him."For the good of the team".  Something had to be done and, as others have said on here, Z was the sacrificial lamb and took one for the team.  Up the wazoo, as it were, but still.

The bad thing about even mentioning Kapofcrap and Bengals in the same breath stirs up a lot of the shit storm that comes with this unemployed and unemployable entitled little rich boy.  Enough drama around here without even the hint of him coming here ... which MikeandKatie would not stand for.  Season ticket sales would drop like a rock.

I don't think the players demanded Zamboni's firing nor do I believe "Marvin fired him" as some media reports have it.  MikeandKatie fired him."For the good of the team".  Something had to be done and, as others have said on here, Z was the sacrificial lamb and took one for the team.  Up the wazoo, as it were, but still.

The bad thing about even mentioning Kapofcrap and Bengals in the same breath stirs up a lot of the shit storm that comes with this unemployed and unemployable entitled little rich boy.  Enough drama around here without even the hint of him coming here ... which MikeandKatie would not stand for.  Season ticket sales would drop like a rock.

Mike knows he's putting a shit product on the field so he fired someone hoping the fans keep spending.

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

It may not be. It's just my opinion. It seems to be top priority for the media to keep him in the limelight and I know it's not beneath them to fabricate scenarios for him. Especially when their sources can be anonymous.

You sound like Trump complaining about the media and anonymous sources. :lol:

Come on man.

If Andy has lost the locker room though that is concerning. Hopefully Lazor is the only adjustment needed to fix that.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You sound like Trump complaining about the media and anonymous sources. :lol:

Come on man.

If Andy has lost the locker room though that is concerning. Hopefully Lazor is the only adjustment needed to fix that.

Even if, in your world view, media reporters are always without fail dead on target, please count the number of "reported", "says", and "thinks". And it keeps referring back to "the report", which is never defined, nor names a soul as either the source or the "players" supposedly making the statements. There isn't even a "statement" quoted as an "unnamed" source. 

All of this is the embodiment of fake news. 

And lol @ the QB "losing the locker room". The soon-to-be 3rd all-time leading passer in franchise history hasn't "lost" anything--and makes the fake news "report" that guys he made NFL relevant would want to ditch him in favor of a has been flash-in-the-pan media attention grabbing clown. 

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Even if, in your world view, media reporters are always without fail dead on target, please count the number of "reported", "says", and "thinks". And it keeps referring back to "the report", which is never defined, nor names a soul as either the source or the "players" supposedly making the statements. There isn't even a "statement" quoted as an "unnamed" source. 

And lol @ the QB "losing the locker room". The soon-to-be 3rd all-time leading passer in franchise history hasn't "lost" anything--and makes the fake news "report" that guys he made NFL relevant would want to ditch him in favor of a has been flash-in-the-pan media attention grabbing clown. 

I'm not suggesting that reporters are without fail. That's why I said IF Andy has lost the locker room. ;)

But to be without fail vs making things up for an agenda....about Colin Kaepernick of all people..... come on man.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

So you're saying that Andy Dalton is a more mobile QB than Kaepernick? Because Dalton has 5 more rushing TD's in his 95 starts than Kaepernick has in his 69 starts? 

No I'm saying that QB mobility is not the issue.  He's made plenty of plays with his feet in the past when protection broke down.

The problem we're seeing is that there is no protection.  Every other play is a jailbreak at the LOS & he has nowhere to escape.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No I'm saying that QB mobility is not the issue.  He's made plenty of plays with his feet in the past when protection broke down.

The problem we're seeing is that there is no protection.  Every other play is a jailbreak at the LOS & he has nowhere to escape.

That's funny... Dalton has a 3.1 ypc for his career, Kaepernick is 6.1 ypc.

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

lol @ people talking without knowing anything other than their uninformed opinions. 

I know for a fact that certain players, guys who are often suspended and arrested, but still considered to be a team leader have openly called out Dalton in the locker room.

Back when Whit and Peko were around to "keep the peace" it didn't get out of control, but those guys aren't here anymore so Andy has to standup for himself it doesn't seem like he's very good at doing that, especailly against some of the more agressive members of the team that play defense aren't thrilled with losing 2 games while only giving up an average of 267 yards and 17 points per game. 

The reality is the defense and special teams are playing well enough for this team to be undefeated, the offense is the worst in the league and this team has wasted 2 home games vs. sub par competition. Losing games like this in the prime of your career are inexusable, guys like Dunlap, Green, and Atkins are literally wasting the best years of their career away because of Dalton's ineptness....and they know it.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The line play is not good enough but to say there is no protection is not accurate, Dalton has been off on several throws that have been the difference between winning and losing. 

Just now, PatternMaster said:

The line play is not good enough but to say there is no protection is not accurate, Dalton has been off on several throws that have been the difference between winning and losing. 

Dalton has missed some throws so..  What?  The OL has managed to block on a few plays? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Dalton has missed some throws so..  What?  The OL has managed to block on a few plays? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. 

<sarcasm>Dalton is supposed to have eyes in the back of his head so he knows when Ced has done his job and he has time to throw.</sarcasm>

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Imo, the line play has been good enough for this team to be undefeated...Dalton's level of play has not.

Everyone knew that the oline was going to be an issue before the season started, no one saw Dalton playing like a total and complete scrub. The play calling and QB was supposed to hide the defiences that existed with the line, but it has exasterbated it. They don't any competent replacements for the oline, but they have replaced the OC and they have another QB on the roster that has experience and can provide another quality option...once again, imo. 

14 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

lol @ people talking without knowing anything other than their uninformed opinions. 

I know for a fact that certain players, guys who are often suspended and arrested, but still considered to be a team leader have openly called out Dalton in the locker room.

Back when Whit and Peko were around to "keep the peace" it didn't get out of control, but those guys aren't here anymore so Andy has to standup for himself it doesn't seem like he's very good at doing that, especailly against some of the more agressive members of the team that play defense aren't thrilled with losing 2 games while only giving up an average of 267 yards and 17 points per game. 

The reality is the defense and special teams are playing well enough for this team to be undefeated, the offense is the worst in the league and this team has wasted 2 home games vs. sub par competition. Losing games like this in the prime of your career are inexusable, guys like Dunlap, Green, and Atkins are literally wasting the best years of their career away because of Dalton's ineptness....and they know it.

Then name your fucking sources here and now--otherwise you are still the same arrogant, bloviating, bag of air you always have been. 

Don't talk to me about "facts", Sherlock; if you don't state them with corroboration, they are little more than conjecture. I deal in the "fact" world every day--you don't belong in it. 

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Then name your fucking sources here and now--otherwise you are still the same arrogant, bloviating, bag of air you always have been. 

Don't talk to me about "facts", Sherlock; if you don't state them with corroboration, they are little more than conjecture. I deal in the "fact" world every day--you don't belong in it. 

I'm not going to risk someone's employment for the sake of your fragile ego, I gave my word that wouldn't reveal "my source" and I intend on keeping it. I could care less if you believe me or not, but I know for a FACT that there have been issues with Andy's play for years in the lockerroom, especially after San Diego playoff game loss in 2014. If they had an issue with him then, it didn't just magically disappear.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/pacman_jones_rips_bengals_offense_after_loss_to_texans/s1_12740_24635508

Pacman is a team leader who speaks for others, he's a captain on this team that Mike Brown constructed and Marvin Lewis leads. 

Get your head out of the sand and take off the rose colored glasses, snowflake...there's a storm brewing the locker room and Dalton is in the middle of it. If you think guys who have played 7,8,9,10+ years in the NFL want to go out there every week and see Dalton play scared at home vs. some of the worse teams in the NFL then you are more out of touch than I thought. 

The thing that worries me is not the missed throws, but how bad he is missing.

Throws that are short by 5-10 yards and overthrows by 10+ yards are definitely worrisome.

It almost looks like he has a "dead arm".

Take a look at this picture and his throwing motion

r256268_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

Well, Dalton did throw a perfect pass to Tyler Eifert in the End Zone that should have won us the Houston game.  We should be 1-1. 

I would like to ask the defensive team leaders why Andy Dalton is using a running back by committee, didn't call more plays to AJ Green in the last game and sat our explosive rookie most of the game after 1 fumble.  Oh that is right, that isn't Dalton's call.

Hey defensive team leaders, how about you let Atkins and Michael Dunlap leave for free agency and replace them with two bags of potatoes?  I would love to see how your fucking unit does with 2 tackling dummines on the defensive front 4. 

While we are at it, can you ask Adam Jones how he allowed Terry Porter to punk him in the playoff game against the Stealers which resulted in a 15 yard penalty and handed an almost guaranteed playoff victory to the bastards?  Might as well ask the other defensive leader how his September vacation is going?  I hope he is having a good time while his teammates play. 

I couldn't care less if they replaced Dalton but its pretty laughable for the "defensive leaders"  to puff out their chests when it hasn't lost 4 of their best 5 players to FA in 2 years.  Imagine the defense without Burfict, Dunlap, Jones and oh Iloka?  Yeah, they would SUCK.

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, Dalton did throw a perfect pass to Tyler Eifert in the End Zone that should have won us the Houston game.  We should be 1-1. 

I would like to ask the defensive team leaders why Andy Dalton is using a running back by committee, didn't call more plays to AJ Green in the last game and sat our explosive rookie most of the game after 1 fumble.  Oh that is right, that isn't Dalton's call.

Hey defensive team leaders, how about you let Atkins and Michael Dunlap leave for free agency and replace them with two bags of potatoes?  I would love to see how your fucking unit does with 2 tackling dummines on the defensive front 4. 

While we are at it, can you ask Adam Jones how he allowed Terry Porter to punk him in the playoff game against the Stealers which resulted in a 15 yard penalty and handed an almost guaranteed playoff victory to the bastards?  Might as well ask the other defensive leader how his September vacation is going?  I hope he is having a good time while his teammates play. 

I think Pacman is a clown and should have been off the roster, personally. 

Also I don't know what Terry Porter has to do with this, he's just trying to make sure the Portland Pilots get ready for the upcoming season.

Archived