Eifert doubtful with back and knee injuries

27 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

We should have drafted OJ Howard to soleve our TE issue even though I really like John Ross

I think OJ will be pretty good, indeed, but right now I think he has 1 catch out of 2 games.  Not actually burning it up.  However Ross has 1 fumble in 2 games, so I can see what you are saying lol. 

2 hours ago, SlantNGo said:

The most important thing from this article is "Another notable development on the day was Trey Hopkins working on the rehab field. Hopkins is dealing with a knee injury that was thought to be significant, perhaps season-ending." Hopkins has looked pretty solid in preseason and until he went down in week 1. If he can turn into a solid starter, then we've actually got at least a pretty good interior line to go along with two projects at tackle. I haven't given up hope on either Ogbuehi or Fisher--remember that it took Bodine 2.5 seasons as a terrible starter before he actually turned into a pretty good center.

Very good points.  

37 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

I think OJ will be pretty good, indeed, but right now I think he has 1 catch out of 2 games.  Not actually burning it up.  However Ross has 1 fumble in 2 games, so I can see what you are saying lol. 

1 game actually.  Tampa's week 1 game was postponed due to some chick name Irma.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:47 AM, SF2 said:

Eifert doesn't stay healthy and when he is, his stats suggest he isn't even close to Gronkowski production wise.  In 2015 Gronk averaged 78.4 yards per game.  He was their top receiver.   In that same year, Eifert's best year, he averaged 47.3 yards per game.  Do you think playing for New England is somehow his going to improve his health?   Gronk has sustained a lot of injuries most from his violent style of running and play.  Eifert gets hurt falling down from simple tackles.

This is simply the continuation of the "I hate Jermaine Gresham" debate.  Eifert has never been a great player.  He has had a few good games  and 1 good season.  

Eifert "when healthy" also doesn't receive the same kind of attention from his QB (or as accurate of throws) as does Gronkowski. FFS, he was healthy for the first game (allegedly) and had ONE catch on a day when Dalton desperately needed a safety valve. That's your TE...or an RB. When you don't have time to throw, you throw it short. EIfert was our BEST option in that game. His cacthing radius and height make him an IDEAL candidate for throwing it to him under pressure when you may not be as accurate as you want.

That's on Dalton.

35 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Eifert "when healthy" also doesn't receive the same kind of attention from his QB (or as accurate of throws) as does Gronkowski. FFS, he was healthy for the first game (allegedly) and had ONE catch on a day when Dalton desperately needed a safety valve. That's your TE...or an RB. When you don't have time to throw, you throw it short. EIfert was our BEST option in that game. His cacthing radius and height make him an IDEAL candidate for throwing it to him under pressure when you may not be as accurate as you want.

That's on Dalton.

I wonder if Eifert hasn't been hurt this whole time and being used as a decoy or something. 

5 hours ago, Bunghole said:

That's on Dalton.

Obviously Eifert was way less than 100% in the first game.

It is ridiculous to blame Dalton when he has been throwing the ball to Eifert on a heavy basis for years.  In fact Eifert became his #1 target in the red zone when he was healthy.  Who the hell would imagine that dalton would suddenly ignore Eifert for no good reason.

It is amazing the mental gymnastics some people will go through to try and blame everything on Andy. 

7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Obviously Eifert was way less than 100% in the first game.

It is ridiculous to blame Dalton when he has been throwing the ball to Eifert on a heavy basis for years.  In fact Eifert became his #1 target in the red zone when he was healthy.  Who the hell would imagine that dalton would suddenly ignore Eifert for no good reason.

It is amazing the mental gymnastics some people will go through to try and blame everything on Andy. 

Obviously? According to whom? Your eyes?

24 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Obviously? According to whom? Your eyes?

According to the fact that he was dealing with injuries before the game and is now out with the same injury.  Not exactly rocket science.

Only a biased Dalton hater would think it makes more sense to assume that eifert was 100% healthy but Dalton just suddenly decided to not throw to a guy that he has loved to throw to for years.  

I just always assume we will be without Eifert & Vontaze. Then when they actually play it's like we got 2 extra high round draft picks. It's like I never expect to get horny sex from the wife and when I do hit it multiple times like this past weekend it's an unexpected luxury.

Archived