Are we the most Hated Team in the NFL?

1 hour ago, Marlon23 said:

What do you guys and gals, think are we the most hated team in the NFL?  or Are we the most laughed at team in the NFL?  

Example a lot of people, believe we are Thugs, and Cheap, and lower class when it comes to bigger Markets in the NFL.  

More likely we are the most "who gives a shit" team in the league.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

We are now the most hated NFL team on Facebook! Read the comments around the country hating the Bengals!

yeah, I have been hearing a lot of hate around work lately, due to Mixon and CK thing floating around the internet.  Who would have guessed people would choose morals over touchdowns.  I think however once we start winning with whomever is on the field things will clear up for us.  Right now we are going through a rough PR situation, I believe.

I think it depends on where you live. When I visit my Mom in Wheeling and the local place serves the "Roethlis-burger", we still can't muster "hate", just ridicule.

I'm in Richmond. No one here thinks about the Bengals. They treat me like you might treat a Lions fan or a Chargers fan.

"So, who's your team?"

"The Bengals."

"Ouch, sorry man."

However, the few who do think about the Bengals think it's funny that we suck so badly that we HAVE to take convicts and junkies to make up our roster. 

"LOL, didn't you guys just draft that kid who beat up a girl?"

"Yeah."

"God, how can you root for him and that Burfict guy? Your owner is even worse than Snyder. That sucks."

We're not hated, hell, we aren't even funny. We're pathetic. Mike Brown is known to be the worst, the cheapest, owner in the league. Marvin Lewis is the league's lowest paid coach. We're pitied. Kinda like Raiders fans in Al Davis' last years. 

"Is Marvin Lewis still coaching your team?"

"Yep."

"Dude, that sucks. The Bengals have always been cheap."

"Yeah, what can I say. I keep falling in love with the wrong woman over and over again."

"Hey, props man. You're a real die hard fan."

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

We are neither. More people hate New England, Pittspuke and now Seattle than us by far.

Cleveland, Buffalo, Detroit, Jets and Miami or bigger laughing stocks.

The first part is true as far as fans go, but as far as the sports pundits, those teams are gods and we are the most despised.

As far as the second part, those teams should be the biggest laughing stock, but they get far more respect from the sports analysts than the bengals.

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And for the record, I think most Bengals fans "hate" the Bengals more than anyone else.

On the surface, that is a true statement. And to take it a step further, many actually experience great glee when things go wrong--so as to declare themselves the Great Sage of Why Things Go Wrong. 

But, in perusing multiple teams' fan sites, nothing is really new under the sun: they are all filled with the same criticisms of QB/OL/HC/defense/FO. And they all have their resident All-Knowing bloviators, who, well, just know everything. 

Have to figure that floods the man-in-the-street thinking too.

There is no way any team that doesn't win is "most hated."  Maybe if you hang out with SJWs they will hate the Bengals, but why would you hang out with them? 

I live in NC.  When I tell people I'm a Bengals fan they usually chuckle, shake their head and say, "that sucks."  If they are a Redskins fan, which many natives are around here, they will follow it up with, "I get it.  Our team sucks, too."

43 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

On the surface, that is a true statement. And to take it a step further, many actually experience great glee when things go wrong--so as to declare themselves the Great Sage of Why Things Go Wrong. 

But, in perusing multiple teams' fan sites, nothing is really new under the sun: they are all filled with the same criticisms of QB/OL/HC/defense/FO. And they all have their resident All-Knowing bloviators, who, well, just know everything. 

Have to figure that floods the man-in-the-street thinking too.

If that is what all these boards are full of, and you seem to hate these people/us more than anything, why are you still here?  Are you here to attack all the "All-Knowing bloviators?"  Is that fun?  If so, doesn't that just make you the same thing you hate?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The opposite of "love" is not "hate".  Its indifference.  I think that is how most NFL fans around the country view the Bengals, with indifference.

"Oh, we got the Bengals this week?  I think I'll knock off a nooner with the old lady and go to Lowe's".

I am 66.....my idea of a nooner is taking a nap and dreaming about knocking one off.....or maybe it is the tool sale at Lowe's....I can't remember.

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If that is what all these boards are full of, and you seem to hate these people/us more than anything, why are you still here?  Are you here to attack all the "All-Knowing bloviators?"  Is that fun?  If so, doesn't that just make you the same thing you hate?

Hold on there, Cap: where are you coming up with this shit? Tell me anything in my statement which isn't true. Tell me where--anywhere, not just public forums--where virtually everyone doesn't bellyache about everything? Not sure where you are coming from with this "attack/hate" bullshit although, granted, I have little regard for know-it-alls who think they know-it-all and have absolutely no sports qualifications to express the know-it-alls.    

12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Hold on there, Cap: where are you coming up with this shit? Tell me anything in my statement which isn't true. Tell me where--anywhere, not just public forums--where virtually everyone doesn't bellyache about everything? Not sure where you are coming from with this "attack/hate" bullshit although, granted, I have little regard for know-it-alls who think they know-it-all and have absolutely no sports qualifications to express the know-it-alls.    

Not even mad at you so don't take this the wrong way, but as you yourself pointed out, second-guessing the team's decisions makes up 1/2 the content on any fan board.  I don't think you need to be Paul Brown reincarnated to wonder WTF his team is doing at times.  That doesn't mean I think I know more than Marvin Lewis about football so much as that I may be working from a different POV and/or lacking the same constraints, concerns, or sources of information.  Sometimes that can be to our benefit, and that's generally the areas that get criticized from what I've seen. 

EG; I don't get myself or anyone else fired if I say a first-round pick is a bust.  Like, someone who I myself am not allowed to fire, despite him being my subordinate on paper.  For example. :whistle:

I don't think any of us have ever claimed to be experts, so I would only refer you back to the rule of "Attack the post, not the poster".  Concentrate on why our opinions are bullshit instead of berating people for having an opinion in the first place.   I agree a lot of them are comic relief but that's good, too.  

And again, I usually appreciate your posts, but I think we appreciate the sarcasm more than some others.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

There is no way any team that doesn't win is "most hated."  Maybe if you hang out with SJWs they will hate the Bengals, but why would you hang out with them? 

I live in NC.  When I tell people I'm a Bengals fan they usually chuckle, shake their head and say, "that sucks."  If they are a Redskins fan, which many natives are around here, they will follow it up with, "I get it.  Our team sucks, too."

All but 5 or 6 teams suck, if the non-suck criteria is winning a Super Bowl in the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

This is a NFL team fanboard.  What do you think it's going to be?  It's like going to a bar and bitching about drunks. 

12 hours ago, Hooky said:

All but 5 or 6 teams suck, if the non-suck criteria is winning a Super Bowl in the last 20 years.

My guess is just about all of those 5 or 6 teams would make the most hated list before loser teams like the Bengals, Browns, Bills, etc.  NE and Pittsburgh for sure. 

Archived