Are we the most Hated Team in the NFL?

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

My guess is just about all of those 5 or 6 teams would make the most hated list before loser teams like the Bengals, Browns, Bills, etc.  NE and Pittsburgh for sure. 

As I alluded to in my earlier post, are we talking about fan hate or media hate?

Just now, Hooky said:

As I alluded to in my earlier post, are we talking about fan hate or media hate?

I don't think the media gives a shit.  They are just looking for a story.  Any story.  Especially ESPN.  ESPN is like Sears, a crumbling giant, and they are desperate to make waves in most any way possible.

So, fan hate.

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not even mad at you so don't take this the wrong way, but as you yourself pointed out, second-guessing the team's decisions makes up 1/2 the content on any fan board.  I don't think you need to be Paul Brown reincarnated to wonder WTF his team is doing at times.  That doesn't mean I think I know more than Marvin Lewis about football so much as that I may be working from a different POV and/or lacking the same constraints, concerns, or sources of information.  Sometimes that can be to our benefit, and that's generally the areas that get criticized from what I've seen. 

EG; I don't get myself or anyone else fired if I say a first-round pick is a bust.  Like, someone who I myself am not allowed to fire, despite him being my subordinate on paper.  For example. :whistle:

I don't think any of us have ever claimed to be experts, so I would only refer you back to the rule of "Attack the post, not the poster".  Concentrate on why our opinions are bullshit instead of berating people for having an opinion in the first place.   I agree a lot of them are comic relief but that's good, too.  

And again, I usually appreciate your posts, but I think we appreciate the sarcasm more than some others.

Thanks T. Appreciate the thoughts and insights. 

And Earl: I believe you misunderstood my post, but no matter. No sense in belaboring the matter. We're good.  

Bengals are clearly not the most hated team in the league.

They also are not the most "disrespected" by the media.  There are a few media exceptions, but for the most part when we are good we get credit and when we suck we get criticized. 

I have lived in "neutral territory" (Tennessee, Colorado) for the last 35 years.  Generally NFL fans who know what they are talking about give us credit when we are good.  Most of them have also moved past the "thugs" criticism, but to be honest we deserved that tag for a while in the mid-00's.  But after Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson and all the other high profile cases the only people I hear crying about "thugs" are the ones crticizing the entire league instead of just the Bengals or any other specific team.

Too many people here are just too desperate to play their "victim card".  The Bengals are the most hated team in Cincinnati, but not everywhere else.  Like someone already said, most NFL fans don't really think about the Bengals.

Archived