A quarter of a century ago...

Our Bengals gave birth to the legend of Brett Favre. 25 years... and since we are all used to being the ones getting out teeth kicked in, I am just going to go on a little daydreaming trip here.

So... the Pack are having their way with us as most of us realistically think is going to happen... and Dalton gets pulled for AJ after halftime.

AJ leads us back to a win in a 4th quarter offensive explosion, and the birth of a new legend begins.

AJ leads us to at least one playoff victory, Mike Brown retires, and ML does as well (because his personal savior is gone and he knows he's next).

The Blackburn's decide to hire real football people and we become a dynasty...

This is MY day dream dammit and I'm going to fucking enjoy it!!!

Jack.jpg

I haven't been around a very long time so excuse me for the ignorance but is this a case of...

1. The otherwise sane members of Go Bengals start to go crazy after losing back to back games

2. A lot of guys here despise Andy Dalton and look for any excuse to make threads about McCleatus

3. A combination of 1 & 2

I'm assuming #3, but I'm not sure if it's mostly just #2.

15 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Our Bengals gave birth to the legend of Brett Favre. 25 years... and since we are all used to being the ones getting out teeth kicked in, I am just going to go on a little daydreaming trip here.

So... the Pack are having their way with us most of us realistically think is going to happen... and Dalton gets pulled for AJ.

AJ leads us back to a win in a 4th quarter offensive explosion, and the birth of a new legend begins.

AJ leads us to at least one playoff victory, Mike Brown retires, and ML does as well (because his personal savior is gone and he knows he's next).

The Blackburn's decide to hire real football people and we become a dynasty...

This is MY day dream dammit and I'm going to fucking enjoy it!!!

Jack.jpg

The Bengals enter the game at 2-0 under rookie head coach David Shula, while the Packers come in at 0-2.  The Packers were destroyed at Tampa Bay in Week 2 by a score of 31-3.  To make things even better for the Bengals, Packers QB Don Majkowski is out, forcing Green Bay to use backup Brett Favre.  Even though he was on the Falcons roster in 1991, Favre is basically a rookie making his first start.  

Shula looks to be following in the successful steps of his father.  I think we have ourselves a coach here, folks.  The Packers, on the other hand, look to be in a lot of trouble, at least until they get Majkowski back.  My pick:  Bengals 27, Packers 6

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I haven't been around a very long time so excuse me for the ignorance but is this a case of...

1. The otherwise sane members of Go Bengals start to go crazy after losing back to back games

2. A lot of guys here despise Andy Dalton and look for any excuse to make threads about McCleatus

3. A combination of 1 & 2

I'm assuming #3, but I'm not sure if it's mostly just #2.

The otherwise sane members of Go Bengals start to go crazy after losing back to back games AT HOME to a mediocre team and one of the worst teams in the league, while not scoring a touchdown in either game.  These ain't two ordinary losses we're talking about here.

Just now, Bleeds Orange said:

The otherwise sane members of Go Bengals start to go crazy after losing back to back games AT HOME to a mediocre team and one of the worst teams in the league, while not scoring a touchdown in either game.  These ain't two ordinary losses we're talking about here.

Right, I do agree that these losses haven't been good, especially with the amount of talented players we have right now.

I guess what I was getting at was asking if people go crazy after bad losses in general OR if it's just the anti-Andy cavalry looking for excuses to complain about the dude.

Nope to all of the above... Dalton is what he is, a QB that has to be supported by good to great players around him in order to have success. He will never be an elite QB, nor good enough to carry the team himself. I also agree with Bleeds Orange... these two losses were EXTREMELY PAINFUL and reminded me a helluva lot of the 90's... at least the offense did. Bleeds Orange is right... drawing parallels in my daydream.

36 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I guess what I was getting at was asking if people go crazy after bad losses in general OR if it's just the anti-Andy cavalry looking for excuses to complain about the dude.

So many things have caused the Bengals to lose over the last few seasons.  People who think Dalton is the only problem and McCarron is the answer really don't have much of a clue. 

I think it is mainly the people who have hated Dalton even before he started a single game for us.  They just refuse to admit they were wrong.

37 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Nope to all of the above... Dalton is what he is, a QB that has to be supported by good to great players around him in order to have success. He will never be an elite QB, nor good enough to carry the team himself. I also agree with Bleeds Orange... these two losses were EXTREMELY PAINFUL and reminded me a helluva lot of the 90's... at least the offense did. Bleeds Orange is right... drawing parallels in my daydream.

How many QBs have great success without good players around them? I think we would probably need 1 hand to list the great years by QBs without good to great players around them.

Even Sir Tom had a very down year in the 1 season the team didn't have a good healthy TE on the roster. It happens.

I get that Andy isn't the elite player that Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are considered, but he has absolutely put the team on his back in his career at different times to win football games. It honestly seems like people on this board more than anywhere else like to pretend that the 2015 season never happened.

11 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

One season out of seven... lost proven WR's, RB's had off year, and what happened in 2016?

You make my point for me.

Not really.

He threw for over 4,000 yards with a 91.8 rating and did a great job protecting the ball despite 40+ sacks given up. Andy had a fine 2016. If you're going to blame him for the 2016 team not making the playoffs, then I'll gladly just laugh and we can be done here.

Andy has never had trouble finding the endzone until magically in 2016 his TDs drastically dropped. New OC maybe the difference there?

2 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

What great players did he have around him beside AJ the 5 years in a row he made the playoffs? He had a pedestrian line, an average running game. Eifert was hurt half the time. The key is OC. 

I would venture to say: Brett would have "launched" at some point. 

And remember: the 1992 defense was a fraction of the quality of this present team. They consisted of the aging remnants of the '80's teams (and even those were no where close to now), draft picks, and street people. That it even took two games to expose them for how worn down they were, was a testament to a defensive coordinator no one remembers, but was one of the better ones we had: Ron Lynn. 

Guys, it’s ok to agree to disagree. I’m not going to waste time arguing with you or anyone about my opinion. You have a right to yours and I have a right to mine.

This issue has been beaten to death numerous times on this board, not going to do it again.

Fair enough?

5 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Guys, it’s ok to agree to disagree. I’m not going to waste time arguing with you or anyone about my opinion. You have a right to yours and I have a right to mine.

This issue has been beaten to death numerous times on this board, not going to do it again.

Fair enough?

No, it is not fair.  We are going to force to to continue argueing. 

Archived