Latest CNN Sports Headline by Mike Freeman "NFL Team May Be Forced To Bench $96 Million QB"

Man, the wolves are out in full force! Here's a snippet from the article: 

All this leads to our main point: Dalton is in trouble. And so is his head coach, Marvin Lewis.

Coming into this season, there was a belief among some team executives and coaches with whom B/R spoke this week that the Dalton-Lewis pairing was nearing an end. But after a miserable 0-2 start, culminating in the firing of the team's offensive coordinator, Ken Zampese, we might finally be looking at the end of not one but two eras in Cincinnati.

The Bengals might be forced to bench Dalton, and while they may not fire Lewis during the season, it's hard to see that notoriously cheap franchise keeping Lewis if the Bengals fail to make the postseason again.

Link to full article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733736-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-it-time-to-make-some-changes-in-cincy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Another relevant part of the article for those that don't wish to clicky linky (OUCH!):

Still, league executives believe the Bengals will eventually have no choice but to blow up the entire thing. It's just not working. Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs.

Dalton, executives told me, has regressed dramatically. I haven't watched him on film recently, but one team executive called Dalton's play "puke worthy." Another said: "Right now he's one of the top three or four worst quarterbacks in football."

Is that fair? Maybe not, but much of the NFL sees a rapidly deteriorating quarterback who is the main culprit in the team's 0-2 start, with the offensive line a not-too-distant second. That isn't to say there isn't some blame being cast on Lewis—far from itbut Dalton's play has been so bad there's not much a coach other than Bill Walsh's ghost could do to improve it.

The Bengals might flood PBS and conduct mock naval battles. I spoke to someone who may have been a team executive for the Hamilton Joes indie baseball squad and between taking my pizza order they said that Dalton is actually an ISIS sleeper agent. 

Can I be a sports writer now?  Anonymous sources, lots of "might" and "maybe" statements nobody could hold me to later... I think I got this!

If he is benched, I see him only being benched for a quarter or a few possession, before he goes back in.  This is in not tangent on AJ McCarron's play, but simply letting Andy see the game from a different perspective perhaps, might motive him a little.  I honestly, I don't think Andy is there Mentally this year, so far these two games, his facial expressions seem like something is on his mind.  Perhaps he is not feeling the best or something personal going on, I don't know but feel like the guy is just not fully completely there as of yet for this season.  

If he is benched, I see him only being benched for a quarter or a few possession, before he goes back in.  This is in not tangent on AJ McCarron's play, but simply letting Andy see the game from a different perspective perhaps, might motive him a little.  I honestly, I don't think Andy is there Mentally this year, so far these two games, his facial expressions seem like something is on his mind.  Perhaps he is not feeling the best or something personal going on, I don't know but feel like the guy is just not fully completely there as of yet for this season.  

Andy only gets benched if they want to see how AJ does so the don't have to pay a top 5 QB for 5 years they know what he can or can't do.
Aa for the article. Slightly more relevant than CNN

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

The Bengals might flood PBS and conduct mock naval battles. I spoke to someone who may have been a team executive for the Hamilton Joes indie baseball squad and between taking my pizza order they said that Dalton is actually an ISIS sleeper agent. 

Can I be a sports writer now?  Anonymous sources, lots of "might" and "maybe" statements nobody could hold me to later... I think I got this!

Well that does make you qualified to work for CNN 

2 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

The good thing is, English IS a second language. So there's still hope for you. 

55 minutes ago, ccartman2 said:

Andy only gets benched if they want to see how AJ does so the don't have to pay a top 5 QB for 5 years they know what he can or can't do.
Aa for the article. Slightly more relevant than CNN

True Lies: Freeman Resigns Indy Post Due To False Resume

Published January 12, 2004

TDI20040112MB-18.jpg
Mike Freeman

Veteran sports journalist Mike Freeman, who recently left the N.Y. Times to accept a position as an Indianapolis Star sports columnist, resigned due to inaccuracies on his resume. Freeman: "I filled out an application form and stated I was a graduate of the University of Delaware. I also, for the first time ever, stated this fact on my resume. These were lies." Freeman added, "I was at the university for four years but in fact did not graduate. This was a terrible and unforgivable manipulation of the facts. 

According to sources on Internet message boards...LeBron James just isn't there mentally anymore, and will ne relegated to the bench to watch.

An interested, but unnamed, executive--during an interview with the sounds of "may I take your order?" in the background--was quoted as saying "yeah, he's regressed. After his encounters with Steph Curry, it's obvious he is tentative, and just doesn't have the willpower any longer"

We can only conclude that, barring an immediate coaching and front office overhaul, that LeBron will soon be benched, traded, or cut. 

----John Doe, reporting for USA Today...or was it Pro Football Focus...no Associated Press...that's right--Yahoo Sports.

8 hours ago, Bunghole said:

The good thing is, English IS a second language. So there's still hope for you. 

I am an english teacher.   I wish you could check bengals.com board you would know.  Now, back to Andy, I don't think he is completely on his game this year for some odd reasonings. 

57 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

In all fairness a "league executive" could be the director of ticket sales for the Browns.  So someone may actually have said this to Freeman.

It should be noted that there are very few "League Executives" that should be watching Bengals games right now. So, unless you're the scouting department for the Raven, Texans, or Packers, you really haven't watched Dalton play, you're just reading the stat line or flipping over when a big play happens.

It should also be noted that if you're say... The coach of the Cowboys, it's unprofessional and silly for you to be giving out pull quotes like "Dalton's play is puke-worthy". Did he meet these NFL execs on the set of "Heathers"? Did they follow that up by saying that Arron Rodgers is "totally tubular" and refused to comment of Kaepernick with a "Don't go there brah"? 

And the truest thing you can say about the Bengals is that if you aren't Mike Brown or Katie, you don't know jack about what's going on in the building. And they don't give a f*** what unnamed league executives think.

10 hours ago, fredtoast said:

True Lies: Freeman Resigns Indy Post Due To False Resume

Published January 12, 2004

TDI20040112MB-18.jpg
Mike Freeman

Veteran sports journalist Mike Freeman, who recently left the N.Y. Times to accept a position as an Indianapolis Star sports columnist, resigned due to inaccuracies on his resume. Freeman: "I filled out an application form and stated I was a graduate of the University of Delaware. I also, for the first time ever, stated this fact on my resume. These were lies." Freeman added, "I was at the university for four years but in fact did not graduate. This was a terrible and unforgivable manipulation of the facts. 

So CNN just had to have him.

Found this Sam quote from a telephone presser back in 1991 in advance of a game and coming off of a tough loss:

"You feel bad enough when you didn't win a game," Wyche said, "but I'm not going to be dazed the way a lot of writers and fans want you to be (after a loss).

They want to see you die, the oozing of blood."

Such perspective. 

7 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

I am an english teacher.   I wish you could check bengals.com board you would know.  Now, back to Andy, I don't think he is completely on his game this year for some odd reasonings. 

Not to belabor the point, but if you carefully read your first post I responded to, and also this one here, you will see several punctuation and plurality errors. I was just fucking around with you anyway, but I also have a degree in English. And being a dick.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Not to belabor the point, but if you carefully read your first post I responded to, and also this one here, you will see several punctuation and plurality errors. I was just fucking around with you anyway, but I also have a degree in English. And being a dick.

Yes, I understood completely what you were doing, and I know it is a message board, and I don't have to be perfect with words, and grammar and commas, and other things such as periods lol...  it is like not warrying a braw. I am a gas attendant.  

Bung possesses a Masters in Assholery...

Archived