The Good, Bad, Ugly Packers Version

Good: Defense particularly in first half. 

Lawson looked great

Williams before injury

Mixon catching ball with a little space

Andy in First Half

Bad: Pick a tackle, any tackle

Second half adjustments or lack of them

Offense in second half

Ugly: Offensive play calling 2nd half

Andy 2nd half and OT

Marvin Lewis 

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Lawson looked great

Williams before injury

Andy in First Half

Offense in second half

Andy 2nd half and OT

Marvin Lewis 

Mixon with a little space, he is dangerous.  Lawson is a beast so far hope he can continue with the pace.

13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Lawson looked great

Williams before injury

Andy in First Half

Offense in second half

Andy 2nd half and OT

Marvin Lewis 

I agree with all of this but I will add

Ugly: offensive line period. It's fucking horrible. I'm super surprised how well Andy played in spite of them. 

And Marvin, what the fuck is that guy on? Whatever it is I want some. Fucking clapping after missed field goals and shit like that? Standard deer in a headlights stare? Please Mike Brown, for all that's good in the world, fire this fucking clown. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Offense in second half

15 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

I'll add the play calling got way too vanilla and safe as well.

I wonder if the wretched play calling in the second half was due to Marvin's uber conservative play-not-to-lose / sit-on-the-lead philosophy.  He does not and never has finished a game, had a team down and put them away.

As far as half time adjustments, Green Bay picked up something because the D was shut down in the second half.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I wonder if the wretched play calling in the second half was due to Marvin's uber conservative play-not-to-lose / sit-on-the-lead philosophy.  He does not and never has finished a game, had a team down and put them away.

As far as half time adjustments, Green Bay picked up something because the D was shut down in the second half.

It was a combination of playcalling and Rodgers.  They called screens, shovel passes, etc. to keep the rush honest.  They also moved Rodgers around so the rush couldn't just pin their ears back and go.  Rodgers made plays on the move and even ran a bit.  The fact that the offense couldn't stay on the field hurt as well.  By the end the defense was gassed and you  could tell. 

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

They brought in an extra tight end to help block and the quit spreading the line so much.  Oh, and they were allowed to hold with reckless abandon.

That said we only needed 4 points in the second half to win, we only scored 3.

That 3rd and 9 when Andy Dalton ducked his and took off running instead of throwing the ball to a wide open LaFell running across the field was a big play. 

There was plenty of blame to go around on this one though, it was a total team loss. Offense, defense, and special teams. 

The offense only put up 3 points in the last 35 minutes of the game, the defense had plenty of horrible penalties(surprising Pacman Jones committed a few boneheaded penalities..that's totally out of character for him) and Bullock missing a 48 yarder. The coaching staff couldn't adjust after half time and they had nothing when it matter the most, at the end of the game.

Was going to put this in the game day thread but ... oh, well...

What happened to Tyler Boyd?  I thought he was active.  If so, he must be deep on someone's shit list.

Also (OT), did omg get banned?

Other than that, I can't wait for Marvin's press conference transcript.

Good:

William Jackson III - If he isn't the 2nd fastest guy on the the team, I don't know who is. Please replace Pacman with WJIII. PLEASE!!

Joe Mixon - Very patient and sneaky strong. Pretty sure he won the starting RB position

Andy - Did well with no turnovers

1st half Defense (Especially Lawson)

Bad:

Not one holding call on the Packers offensive line

Pacman - Time to send this horse to the glue factory. He has no legs

Bullock missed FG. Sucks because Elliot hit a 61 yarder for the Eagles win today

Ugly:

Marv's halftime adjustments

Pacman giving up the huge play in OT

I am finally done with Dalton.

I have long since been done with Marvin. Too bad until Marvin is gone we won't have real possibility for change at QB. Dalton has more than had his opportunities, no reason not to let McCarron run with it now. If he sucks, oh well, better draft pick. If he's okay, makes him tradeable and still likely to get a good draft pick because Marvin sucks so hard. 

Dalton's game was shit. Shit. Coming out and playing a second half and OT like he did negates the first half, entirely. Once the flow of the game was established, he went right back to being lost in the pocket, unable to keep his eyes downfield, and missing throws. 

Enough. Try something else. So tired of this shit. 

11 hours ago, whodey? said:

I agree with all of this but I will add

Ugly: offensive line period. It's fucking horrible. I'm super surprised how well Andy played in spite of them. 

And Marvin, what the fuck is that guy on? Whatever it is I want some. Fucking clapping after missed field goals and shit like that? Standard deer in a headlights stare? Please Mike Brown, for all that's good in the world, fire this fucking clown. 

If we have to go 0-16 to get rid of ole marv.. I am all for it.. 

Archived