The Good, Bad, Ugly Packers Version

36 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

The no-calls on all that holding by Green Bay was very frustrating. We'd have sacked Rodgers ten times if it weren't for that.

I think they got scared after his helmet came off on that one sack.   They're going to protect the cash cows every time.

11 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

I'll add the play calling got way too vanilla and safe as well.

If a coach of a team had no offense at all in two straight games and then it finally starts clicking, how could he possibly dream of slowing that down?

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I wonder if the wretched play calling in the second half was due to Marvin's uber conservative play-not-to-lose / sit-on-the-lead philosophy.  He does not and never has finished a game, had a team down and put them away.

Marvin has never lost a game due to being too conservative in the second half.

Before we got the ball with less than 2 minutes left in the first half we had ran the ball 18 times and only called 11 passes.  Yet not a single one of you are bitching and squealing about his "uber conservative" play calling in the first half.

In the second half and overtime we ran the ball only 12 times and called 17 passes and suddenly Marvin is being too conservative.  Marvin was no more conservative in the second half than any other NFL coach would have been.  In fact I was very impressed that we were able to grind down the clock in that FG drive by picking up first downs on the ground.

Too many people have their thoughts controlled by message board myths and  talk radio bullshit.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Good: we're closer to the end of the Marvin era

Bad: halftime adjustments, Marvin's challenge

Ugly: we play the Browns this week and I"m not very confident. 

The Marvin era will never end and never change. I am confident about the turds game, but can't help being nervous since a loss would officially be rock fucking bottom.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

If a coach of a team had no offense at all in two straight games and then it finally starts clicking, how could he possibly dream of slowing that down?

18 runs and only 11 passes in the first half when the offense was "clicking".

!9 passes and only 12 runs the rest of the game.

28 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think they got scared after his helmet came off on that one sack.   They're going to protect the cash cows every time.

I was stunned we didn't get called for a penalty on that play. I know there wasn't one, but I assumed us being the Bengals, that being Aaron Rodgers, the helmet came off...you know. Penalty.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Somewhere in Norway, a bridge is missing its troll.

And on Bengal message boards the whiners resort to ad hominem attacks when they can't dispute the actual facts that I post.

And, yes, calling you a whiner is an ad hominem attack, but that only came after I posted facts to prove you wrong.

5 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

I was stunned we didn't get called for a penalty on that play. I know there wasn't one, but I assumed us being the Bengals, that being Aaron Rodgers, the helmet came off...you know. Penalty.

You could tell Rodgers sure expected one.  

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

*le sigh*

Missed 48 yard FG & a kick OOB from Fat Randy that led to a quick TD & kept Green Bay in the game early.  That was rough considering we cut our own draft pick for this shlub and as you probably know that guy hit a game-winning 61-yarder for the Eagles.  Overthrown pass to a wide open Lafell for a late TD that would've iced it.    Piss-poor tackling and broken coverage in the 2nd half.  MJ jumping offsides in OT FTL. And yeah, definitely a failure to counter GB's adjustments, too.  I wouldn't pin this on Marvin, though.  The players have to make plays either way.

They did take GB to OT on the road in a game nobody gave them a chance at winning, but they pissed away the W in typical fashion so not much of a moral victory to be had there.  And of course 0-3. 

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Well, the officials did let Rodgers make the 12 men on the field call for them about 30 seconds after Rodgers was sacked by Lawson. I thought that was abjectly corrupt since no official called it at the time and Rodgers wasn't looking at WJ3 when the ball was snapped. But a high profile player at home can convince the refs they missed something they didn't see and eventually talk them into a call. Then Marv compounded it by using a challenge on a call that wasn't going to be reversed. 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Well, the officials did let Rodgers make the 12 men on the field call for them about 30 seconds after Rodgers was sacked by Lawson. I thought that was abjectly corrupt since no official called it at the time and Rodgers wasn't looking at WJ3 when the ball was snapped. But a high profile player at home can convince the refs they missed something they didn't see and eventually talk them into a call. Then Marv compounded it by using a challenge on a call that wasn't going to be reversed. 

I didn't think you could challenge a penalty but I guess I was wrong.

It would have looked like May Day in Moscow with all the red flags flying for the no calls for holding by Green Bay.

But you're right.  Rogers made the call.  I would say it came into his headset from the bench because there was no way he could see it

if he was concentrating on the play in front of him.

Didn't know who it was doing color but really thought he knew his stuff and do well. He did really point out dalton mistakes a lot but if dalton was a better qb that wouldn't happen.

3 minutes ago, ccartman2 said:

Didn't know who it was doing color but really thought he knew his stuff and do well. He did really point out dalton mistakes a lot but if dalton was a better qb that wouldn't happen.

I thought Romo did a pretty good job.  Insightful, but I also thought he talked too damn much.  Dial it back about a third and he will have it perfect.

I thought Romo did a pretty good job.  Insightful, but I also thought he talked too damn much.  Dial it back about a third and he will have it perfect.

Like McCarron, he is still knew to this. I agree with post above as well, if Dalton was a better quarterback, he would if had to say as much. It's just the truth at this point. McCarron may come in, get some experience, and still suck. That doesn't mean Dalton us the answer. I realize Dalton had s sick 2015 until he got hurt, but something beyond the coordinator is missing with him. I guess the coming weeks will tell if that remains the same.

8 hours ago, ccartman2 said:

Or if he was Discount Doublecheck, who he couldn't stop slobbering over even when he was something like 3/10 for 7 yards and a pick-6 INT in the first half.   No, if he didn't want every incomplete pass analyzed in detail or to get criticized for being sacked in .5 seconds behind a sieve OL then Andy should've played better than his 124.1 QB rating, 77.8% completions & 2 TD's. 

10 hours ago, ccartman2 said:

if dalton was a better qb that wouldn't happen.

No QB plays a perfect game.  Ever played a great football game and then went to the film session with the coaches the next day?  There are always mistakes to be picked apart.

Dalton had zero rush game and a weak O-line.  Yet he still posted a 124 passer rating.  Dalton did miss some plays, but if Romo (or any good coach) wanted to they could find bad plays by even the best QBs every game.

5 hours ago, fredtoast said:

No QB plays a perfect game.  Ever played a great football game and then went to the film session with the coaches the next day?  There are always mistakes to be picked apart.

Dalton had zero rush game and a weak O-line.  Yet he still posted a 124 passer rating.  Dalton did miss some plays, but if Romo (or any good coach) wanted to they could find bad plays by even the best QBs every game.

Sure they could.  Difference is, the rodgers and brady's of the world overshadow those bad ones with heaps of great plays.... and playoff victories.....and super bowl championships.  Again, it is anyone's right to stick up for Dalton, but we just cant act like he is on the same stratosphere as those other quarterbacks.  They have played their way into the spotlight and deserve to have their balls gargled by the media.  Not understanding that, in my opinion, is just jealousy....and jealousy will poison ya.  

Archived