The Good, Bad, Ugly Packers Version

11 hours ago, fredtoast said:

No QB plays a perfect game.  Ever played a great football game and then went to the film session with the coaches the next day?  There are always mistakes to be picked apart.

Dalton had zero rush game and a weak O-line.  Yet he still posted a 124 passer rating.  Dalton did miss some plays, but if Romo (or any good coach) wanted to they could find bad plays by even the best QBs every game.

So what? It didn't result in a win and that rating was almost completely bolstered by his play in the first half. The Bengals and Dalton have a troubling history of not closing out games. The San Diego playoff game comes to mind, The second half of that game was a travesty,

22 hours ago, Bunghole said:

The Bengals and Dalton have a troubling history of not closing out games.

Not really.

Since 2011 the Bengals have a .720 winning percentage in games where they have held the lead at some point.  That is 7th best in the league.

Not the best in the leagu, but better than an overwhelming majority.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:35 PM, SouthPaw said:

Sure they could.  Difference is, the rodgers and brady's of the world overshadow those bad ones with heaps of great plays.... and playoff victories.....and super bowl championships.  Again, it is anyone's right to stick up for Dalton, but we just cant act like he is on the same stratosphere as those other quarterbacks.  They have played their way into the spotlight and deserve to have their balls gargled by the media.  Not understanding that, in my opinion, is just jealousy....and jealousy will poison ya.  

I have never tried to claim Dalton was a top 5 QB.  But I guarantee you that during film sessions coaches find mistakes made by even the best QBs in the game.

14 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Not really.

Since 2011 the Bengals have a .720 winning percentage in games where they have held the lead at some point.  That is 7th best in the league.

How about "The Bengals have a troubling history of closing out games when they have the lead at halftime, usually in a playoff or primetime game"?

Not really.

In playoff games, most certainly they do. Further, they have won 6 out of their last 19 games.

16 hours ago, Bunghole said:

How about "The Bengals have a troubling history of closing out games when they have the lead at halftime, usually in a playoff or primetime game"?

14 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

In playoff games, most certainly they do. Further, they have won 6 out of their last 19 games.

I don't think you guys understood the point of my post.

BY stating that the Bengals have a .720 winning percentage in games where they held the lead I am acknowledging that they have not won 100% of the games where they held a lead.  My point was that EVERY team in the league loses some games where they held the lead at some point.  So if you are arguing that the Bengals "have a history" of doing it then you have to admit that every other team in the league "has a history" of it also.

I don't think you guys understood the point of my post.

BY stating that the Bengals have a .720 winning percentage in games where they held the lead I am acknowledging that they have not won 100% of the games where they held a lead.  My point was that EVERY team in the league loses some games where they held the lead at some point.  So if you are arguing that the Bengals "have a history" of doing it then you have to admit that every other team in the league "has a history" of it also.

Understand. That have a recent history of making it to the playoffs and not winning.....AT ALL. ZERO.ZILTCH.NADA.

4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Trailer Park Boys wishes it was as blueneck Canadian as this... TPB could just as easily be in Boffalo, NY.

IIRC they're supposed to be Scotians, which I understand to be a different tribe of Canuck.

I would say the all-dressed chips and the fact they're not locked up for life after their 3rd minor weed offense place it distinctly in Canada.

9 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm not that up on knowing my moose breeds, but wasn't Scotia was settled by the Brits, not the pea soup eaters? Nova Scotia means "New Scotland".

Seems it was French originally but then the Brits kicked them out & they of course spent the next 100 or so years fighting over it off and on. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Seems it was French originally but then the Brits kicked them out & they of course spent the next 100 or so years fighting over it off and on. 

Well, according to Wikipedia, they're the world's largest exporter of Christmas Trees.

The Mi'kmaq people inhabited Nova Scotia at the time the first European colonists arrived. Neat.

At one point they considered joining America as a 14th colony in the American revolution. I did not know that. They changed their mind after American privateer ships kept robbing and raiding them and later were one of the more enthusiastic participants in the war of 1812.

Sucks to hear about the collapse of the cod stocks. Poor bastards.

What in the hell is a "blueberry grunt"? http://allrecipes.com/recipe/73951/cape-breton-blueberry-grunt/ Oh, that looks good.

Cool, I now know a lot more about Nova Scotia. Thanks for inspiring me to look stuff up.

Wow. This show is hilarious. Like... On a whole 'nother level. It's dumb, it's smart, the wordplay and rhythm between these two guys is outstanding. I found this episode on Vimeo and I'm already loving the "400% Bullshit up in here"...

Dude, thank you! Everyone has their own quirky sense of humor, and this show is perfect for mine.  

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

wow.. that was great.. I am going to check this shit out for sure...

I just finished watching the first Season. It is so good. So funny. 

"Call me cake because I'm going straight to your ass cowboy!" "I'm gonna shove a kentucky klondike bar up your deuce hole!"

"Q: How many planets are there? A: 8. - Oh yeah, well there's going to be seven when I'm done wrecking Uranus."

"Here's a tip: Never fart in a spacesuit."

The Fartbook episode alone is worth it. Instafart with it's various fart filters...

It's times like this I remember why I bother talking to people. Thanks again for the rec T-Dub.

Type like so into the vimeo search bar... "Letterkenny S1E01"

You can even download them from there. 

On 10/1/2017 at 1:02 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

I just finished watching the first Season. It is so good. So funny. 

"Call me cake because I'm going straight to your ass cowboy!" "I'm gonna shove a kentucky klondike bar up your deuce hole!"

"Q: How many planets are there? A: 8. - Oh yeah, well there's going to be seven when I'm done wrecking Uranus."

"Here's a tip: Never fart in a spacesuit."

The Fartbook episode alone is worth it. Instafart with it's various fart filters...

It's times like this I remember why I bother talking to people. Thanks again for the rec T-Dub.

Type like so into the vimeo search bar... "Letterkenny S1E01"

You can even download them from there. 

Pitter Patter.

On 9/29/2017 at 7:25 PM, T-Dub said:

TO BE FAHHHHRRR

I don't suppose anyone else watches Letterkenny?

Where would I find this gem? I keep trying to find a show to watch and they usually suck. However, I really enjoy Mike Judge's new show on Cinemax.

Archived