The Good, Bad, Ugly Packers Version

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Where would I find this gem? I keep trying to find a show to watch and they usually suck. However, I really enjoy Mike Judge's new show on Cinemax.

Appears to be no licensed US version.  This site is pretty good.  Make sure your firewall and anti-virus are up to date.

https://iomovies.net/search?q=Letterkenny

As someone who grew up on a farm in small town Canada, I believe I have some authority to speak on these shows, or at least what they're trying to represent:

TPB:

- of course exaggerated, but overall a quite accurate depiction.  I knew a couple guys that were pretty much these characters (lived in a trailer park, not very bright, constantly drunk/high, always trying to come up with a new "scheme" to make money - typically on the edge of "legal").

- I am from Ontario, and can at least confirm that the same types of people live everywhere across Canada.  Do note that the "good" type of people depicted in the show are in reality the most truly down-to-earth and authentic people you'll ever meet.

Letterkenny:

- "Art house" depiction of small town life, and of course exaggerated as well.

- Characters are immediately recognizable and relateable, probably for any small town person across North America.

- The accents/terminology are obviously Canadian, and the hockey players are a nice touch.

- Far too smart/clever to really be mistaken for actual small-town life, but the themes are accurate.

Generally, both shows are genius in their own way.  I love TPB because it actually reminds me of home and Letterkenny has wicked dialogue and as previously stated, recognizable characters.  I recommend both but they're not for everyone.

42 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

As someone who grew up on a farm in small town Canada, I believe I have some authority to speak on these shows, or at least what they're trying to represent:

- Characters are immediately recognizable and relateable, probably for any small town person across North America.

I think that's what really grabbed me about it. They're like our hicks, but different.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I think that's what really grabbed me about it. They're like our hicks, but different.

Yeah...they're smart.  Not sure I buy that Canadian hicks are all a bunch of well educated folks in flannel, but it's a great show.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Yeah...they're smart.  Not sure I buy that Canadian hicks are all a bunch of well educated folks in flannel, but it's a great show.

Yeah, that's what I meant about it being too smart/clever.  Put TPB characters in the overall situations and you're getting closer to the real thing. :P

20 hours ago, Hooky said:

Where would I find this gem? I keep trying to find a show to watch and they usually suck. However, I really enjoy Mike Judge's new show on Cinemax.

This user has the entire first season, and you can download right from the site.

For seasons 2 and 3, one must head to the bay of pirates matey.

Archived