Boycott

Catfish Bob

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh boy, this again.  Although I don't see where they linked a source, I can only assume that this is drawn from the much-misinterpreted FBI crime stats. Which, as usual, are distorted to further a racist agenda.

Unless we believe every single homicide is solved and ends in a conviction, these stats do NOT count how often a crime is committed.  What they DO count is how often various races are found guilty.  In other words, black men are 10 times more likely to be CONVICTED of homicide. Nowhere in those stats are there figures on how often crimes are committed, because obviously many homicides go unsolved and law enforcement wouldn't know the race of the killer.  Further, when you look at the actual source, it says right at the beginning that not all departments keep track of the race of the perp.  So not only do they not actually mean what they're usually quoted to prove, they aren't even accurate numbers.

So what are you are saying? 

1.  That white people are sneaking into these black neighborhoods, secretly killing them and then the police just arresting and convicting a black guy?  I would have thought 60 minutes would have blown this story wide open by now. 

OR IS IT

2. 7881 Black people were not killed last year?  I have to assume there were bodies and such.   

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-1.xls

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

So what are you are saying? 

1.  That white people are sneaking into these black neighborhoods, secretly killing them and then the police just arresting and convicting a black guy?  I would have thought 60 minutes would have blown this story wide open by now. 

OR IS IT

2. 7881 Black people were not killed last year?  I have to assume there were bodies and such.   

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-1.xls

Did you not read what I wrote?  Do you think every homicide is solved? Discovered, even? Obviously not, right? So how did they know the race of the killer?

Hint: They didn't, and in fact:

2. Go read their introduction for yourself if you like, might be a good idea before you go quoting it, but let me draw your attention to:

Participating agencies throughout the country voluntarily provide reports on crimes known to the police and on persons arrested

So it says right at the beginning that these numbers are not complete.  

3.  What constitutes "black" in the stats of law enforcement? Are, say, Dominicans black or latino? While counted as latino, I've met several that were darker skinned than many African Americans. Do you think Officer Friendly makes a detailed survey of this, or do you think maybe they go "yep looks black" and check a box?

But aside from all that, let's assume that these figures are actually 100% complete and accurate.

So what are you saying:

1. African Americans are naturally more violent

or 

2. African Americans are more likely to live in poverty where violent crimes are prevalent.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Did you not read what I wrote?  Do you think every homicide is solved? Discovered, even? Obviously not, right? So how did they know the race of the killer?

Hint: They didn't, and in fact:

2. Go read their introduction for yourself if you like, might be a good idea before you go quoting it, but let me draw your attention to:

So it says right at the beginning that these numbers are not complete.  

3.  What constitutes "black" in the stats of law enforcement? Are, say, Dominicans black or latino? While counted as latino, I've met several that were darker skinned than many African Americans. Do you think Officer Friendly makes a detailed survey of this, or do you think maybe they go "yep looks black" and check a box?

But aside from all that, let's assume that these figures are actually 100% complete and accurate.

So what are you saying:

1. African Americans are naturally more violent

or 

2. African Americans are more likely to live in poverty where violent crimes are prevalent.

What a joke.  So some of the homicides are not solved so ALL of the data is garbage.  If we don't know the race of 100 of the 7881 black murders,..the rest of the data is worthless.  Brilliant.  

As to your questions.

1. Are African Americans are naturally more violent?    Answer: NATURALLY?  No.  Culturally there is little doubt.   Every statistic proves this.  

2: Are African Americans are more likely to live in poverty where violent crimes are prevalent?   Yes, amazingly when your culture does not value life,  fatherhood or education poverty is the end result.  

BTW, Middletown is a poor predominantly white (83%) drug infested city of 48,682.   They had ZERO murders in 2016.  Dayton is only 3 times as large and had 42 murders last year.  The difference?  While Dayton is 52% white it does contain a large mostly black area (Ghetto) where crime is rampant.  Middletown has a very small easy to police mostly black area and the residents COOPERATE with the police to prevent Dayton type statistics.

The results are not surprising to anyone who wants to be honest.  Honesty is not politically correct. 

Trump was mean to rich mostly black football players.. poor little babies. 

And most importantly, we are talking about African-AMERICANS as a group,  not blacks of other nations. 

40 minutes ago, SF2 said:

2: Are African Americans are more likely to live in poverty where violent crimes are prevalent?   Yes, amazingly when your culture does not value life,  fatherhood or education poverty is the end result.  

Wow, "black culture" doesn't value life, fatherhood, or education?  Like "Black Culture" is just some homogeneous universal thing.  That's really fucked up and disappointing to read.   I guess white culture doesn't value children since white people are the overwhelming majority of child molesters.   See how fucking stupid that sounds?

What a joke.  So some of the homicides are not solved so ALL of the data is garbage.  If we don't know the race of 100 of the 7881 black murders,..the rest of the data is worthless.  Brilliant.

Yeah it is kind of a joke how you have this prejudice and then go find halfassed stats to "prove" it to yourself.   The people who compiled the damn stats in the first place are telling you right from the start in plain English that they are incomplete, but hey never mind that because them black ppl are thugs amirite.  What a crock of shit.  Yes, all of the data is garbage if you're trying to prove that "black culture" is 1. a thing 2. violent.  You're probably one of those people that loves Johnny Cash and AC/DC yet complains about the violence in rap music.  You don't have a wooden leg to stand on here dude.  How are you going to quote percentages based off incomplete and erroneous data to prove some racist bullshit? Do you not understand basic math or is your confirmation bias just completely short-circuiting that part of your brain?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Wow, "black culture" doesn't value life, fatherhood, or education?  Like "Black Culture" is just some homogeneous universal thing.  That's really fucked up and disappointing to read.   I guess white culture doesn't value children since white people are the overwhelming majority of child molesters.   See how fucking stupid that sounds?

Yeah it is kind of a joke how you have this prejudice and then go find halfassed stats to "prove" it to yourself.   The people who compiled the damn stats in the first place are telling you right from the start in plain English that they are incomplete, but hey never mind that because them black ppl are thugs amirite.  What a crock of shit.  Yes, all of the data is garbage if you're trying to prove that "black culture" is 1. a thing 2. violent.  You're probably one of those people that loves Johnny Cash and AC/DC yet complains about the violence in rap music.  You don't have a wooden leg to stand on here dude.  How are you going to quote percentages based off incomplete and erroneous data to prove some racist bullshit? Do you not understand basic math or is your confirmation bias just completely short-circuiting that part of your brain?

I admit defeat.  Whites are the problem in this country.  Good day. 

Just now, SF2 said:

I admit defeat.  Whites are the problem in this country.  Good day. 

Nobody is suggesting anything of the sort, but if that's honestly what you're getting from all this there's no point in discussing it.  Equality for others doesn't come at the cost of your own.

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Watch Rush on Hannity tonight and tomorrow.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Please follow Sir Brad to the Pit of Misery ...

Meeesster Reeeik! Meeessster Reeik! (Peter Lorrie to Humphry Bogart aka Mr. Rick in Casablanca)

I was only kidding.

I was hoping for a "Dilly! Dilly!" from the peanut gallery.

Please don't ban me from The Villages.

I want to make a road trip down there and crash on your couch.

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

1. Are African Americans are naturally more violent?    Answer: NATURALLY?  No.  Culturally there is little doubt.   Every statistic proves this.

I might just be fanning some flames here, but if you're really curious... What happens when you take a class of people who are genetically identical to you and treat them as an underclass?

On 9/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, SF2 said:

As I have said before, give me provable statistical examples of that things are not fair.  I don't think it is fair I have to give a higher percentage of my income to the Federal and State Government then those who make less money.  We use the same roads and what not. 

Came across this article tonight and thought of you.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/09/white-lives-matter-blue-lives-dont-right-wingers-k.html

"White supremacists (also referred to as “domestic terrorists” and “right-wing extremists”) have been responsible for more than 73 percent of deadly terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 2001. In that same 15-year span they’ve also killed 34 police officers, compared to 10 from left-wing extremists (including the five officers killed within minutes of each other in Dallas), and one from a domestic jihadist terrorist.

Despite these stats, police kill black people 2.5 times more frequently than they kill white people. What’s more, police kill unarmed black people at five times the rate they kill unarmed white people. That gap is racism at its ugliest."

Note that 2016, the one outlier here, itself had the outliers of the Dallas and Baton Rouge mass ambush shootings, yet right-wingers still killed more cops that year. (The Baton Rouge copkiller, a black man, was also a member of the Oathkeepers, so he straddles left-wing and right-wing groups.)

solberg5.jpg

And it’s not just cops. As mentioned above, more than 70% of all deadly terrorist attacks in the U.S. have come from far-right groups. According to a U.S. government report, violent right-wing extremists have killed more people than violent jihadists in 10 of the 15 years we have data for since September 11, 2001. (In three other years the groups killed the same number of people.) But the frequency of attacks is much different: White supremacists have carried out three times as many deadly attacks as jihadists in that same timeframe. That’s fifteen years of data.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:07 PM, SF2 said:

As I have said before, give me provable statistical examples of that things are not fair.  I don't think it is fair I have to give a higher percentage of my income to the Federal and State Government then those who make less money.  We use the same roads and what not. 

Do you think that poor people should get to use the police?

On 9/28/2017 at 2:13 PM, SF2 said:

What is your point?  The first amendment has nothing to do with any of this. The First Amendment prevents Congress from passing laws preventing freedom of speech.  In other words the GOVERNMENT can not prevent you from exercising your right of free speech.   The players have been allowed to do so.  

Donald Trump has the same right to call the guys kneeling SOBs all day long BECAUSE of the First Amendment.  Certainly not something you would expect a President to say but it is his right.  He can call out the owners too and tell them to fire them.  They don't have to do what he asks them to do.  

The Government has done NOTHING to stop guys from kneeling so what is this guy going on about?  Fans have every right to be upset of they want to be.  That is their right as well.   Free speech does not protect you from the consequences of what you say, just ask the Dixie Chicks.  They were never arrested but their fans turned they backs on them and essentially ended their careers. 

Also, if a fan feels the players are disrespecting the flag, THAT IS HIS RIGHT, some fat white sportscaster doesn't speak for them.  

As the President Trump needs to use tact to try to govern all of the people and not just rile up his base. He might have the right to do whatever he wants but it's asinine to think that he doesn't have a responsibility to use tact in his communication and governance. 

40 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

As the President Trump needs to use tact to try to govern all of the people and not just rile up his base. He might have the right to do whatever he wants but it's asinine to think that he doesn't have a responsibility to use tact in his communication and governance. 

President Obama never gave a shit about "All The People".  Never. Stop with your sanctimonious bull shit.

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

President Obama never gave a shit about "All The People".  Never. Stop with your sanctimonious bull shit.

I'm struggling to remember Obama picking fights with mayors of cities who were destroyed by hurricanes, calling NFL players (or anyone) SOBs, telling soldiers if they were captured they aren't good soldiers, telling police they need to be able to rough people up more. So on and so forth. You do know the NFL is like 65% black. I wonder how you can even watch it. 

On 9/28/2017 at 6:51 PM, SF2 said:

The results are not surprising to anyone who wants to be honest.  Honesty is not politically correct.

Funny how all the white people who claim they have a monopoly on the truth never mention that while the same percentage of white people use illegal drugs as black people the blacks are twice as likely to be convicted and go to jail for drug possession.

The truth is that black culture promotes violence.  But the main reason they promote violence is that they see injustice perpetrated against them.  When the system fails people then the people turn to crime.  The exact same thing happened with white people during the great depression when outlaws like Bonnie and Clyde were seen as heroes.  The "system" had stolen everyone's money so it was okay to rebel against the system.

Black people know about racism in America today while many white people are ignorant of it.  But there are tons of scientific studies that show identical job resumes get treated differently if they have an "ethnic" name.  Same thing when looking for a place to live.  There are numerous studies that show police use racial profiling, and not just rogue individual cops.  The profiling is often systematic policy.  The court system is also biased against blacks even when you adjust for wealth level.  Black people have a hard time with juries because people like SF2 judge all black people as being more criminally inclined than white people.

I graduated from law school in the late 1980's, not the 1960's, but in the city where I was looking for a job the elite all-white Cherokee Country Club refused to allow any black members no matter how successful they were.  It came to a head in 1989 when they refused to offer membership to Wade Houston who had just been named as the first black head basketball coach in SEC history.  These member were not a bunch of stupid rednecks.  They were the power elite who controlled hiring, firing, promotions, granting contracts, and running the court system.  There was no way in hell the were treating black people the same as white people in the courts and business world when they refused to let any people of color join their private club.  Yet some of the people I graduated with were like the people here claiming that there is "no more racism in America".

Blacks do not have equal opportunity in this country even when they are not from the projects.  There is tons of proof out there for the people willing to open their eyes and see it.

Archived