Boycott

Catfish Bob

If and when a Bengal takes a knee, I will stop watching the Bengals. Currently, I am boycotting ESPN, Hollywood, and all NFL games with the exception of the Bengals. I don’t watch the pre/post game shows. 

I was upset to see the teams in London take a knee for our anthem, but stand for God Save the Queen.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

If and when a Bengal takes a knee, I will stop watching the Bengals. Currently, I am boycotting ESPN, Hollywood, and all NFL games with the exception of the Bengals. I don’t watch the pre/post game shows. 

I was upset to see the teams in London take a knee for our anthem, but stand for God Save the Queen.

Good episode of Tucker Carlson tonight?

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And the Rockies being on the cusp of the playoffs goes a long way too. 

Anything but the fucking NFL. 

But it all gets in the way of the meme of millionaires "protesting" (still not defined of course), as though they are the Chicago Fucking Seven...and so Comrade Jamie can post a quotation from some thoughtful leftist for the umpteenth thousandth time and have everyone applaud like he is Jerry Fucking Rubin. 

Injustice? Real or imagined, Welcome to the world. They can go to Caracas and take a knee trying to get toilet paper or water along with the real poor schmucks who thought everything was hunky-dory so long as the oil prices stayed high and the money was flowing to everybody. Maybe they can get in with Maduro and still live the good life? Wait, people are REALLY pissed there, they might have to actually fight for something, as opposed to making a quarter million a week performing for the bread and circus crowds and offering a token show of nothing except for the delight of the corrupt American media and the useful proletarian idiots. 

Am i devisive? Am I resistant to getting involved "in the conversation "--whatever in the fuck that is? I don't care enough about this farce of an entertainment industry, the filthy rich performers, financiers, and parasite acolytes to either know or care to know anything leading to a "conversation". They can kneel, sit, or lay flat on their backs for all I give a shit. Maybe they can protest my medical insurance premiums going through the roof, or that there is no cure immediately available for my wife's cancer. How about that, as opposed to imaginary wrongs done to people they don't know, or sins committed by people who have been dead 150 years. 

Life sucks. It is the nature of this world. There is no Nirvana arriving by the means of mortal people. All the social justice engineering in imagination, will not move the needle one step closer to perfection. It doesn't exist--at least not in this manifestation of existence. Keep trying I guess, history has shown that there are relatively just societies which have happened--including the one Americans live in now. But that doesn't fit the agenda, so do keep on stirring pots. 

I have lived a longer life than 90% of the people here. I have experienced all of the ups and downs of life--no one can challenge me on anything. But I am through with caring about the whims of overpaid entertainers and what they think they are representing. I do not care an iota for their "rights". I just don't care. 

Just popped in to "like" your post and to say I'm sorry to hear about your wife LT. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Dan

That's the same Bullshit that was said during the civil rights movement.  History always repeats for those who don't know history.

?

Everyone should be equal.

Are you saying that everyone shouldn't be equal ?

Kneeling has not solved the problem and may even exasperate the situation.

Has kneeling solved the problem ? Is it better today than it was when the kneeling started?

Kenneth, I believe you know the answer. It may not be the answer you desire but it is most certainly not bullshit just because you say it should be.

If at the end of the day, you still believe it is bullshit, give me the common courtesy to know how, you see, kneeling has made the situation better. Also how, you see, have race relations improved ?

FWIW, my mother was one of those that chained themselves to the cafeteria in Louisville. My Aunt was one of the nuns that went south during the worst period to assist with voters. I will stand with you to help resolve the injustice as it occurs but I don't want to waste my time or the time of others by kneeling. We'll march, write our congressman, go on air to clear the air, etc...

4 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Just popped in to "like" your post and to say I'm sorry to hear about your wife LT. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Dan

Thanks Dan. And again, to Homer, Numbers, et al.

i wanted to clarify, so as not to overly concern you all: she is doing OK presently. She had three different cancers in three different locations at three different times over three years. All three have been successfully treated. Things are presently clear. The concerns, are that there is no guarantee that all three do not return--and that was what I was referring to when I said "no immediate cure". Having had experiences with other family members and friends with this this scourge of a disease, I have sadly seen more than a few momentarily recover, only to later succumb--sometimes in a relatively short period of time. Hence, my exasperation. 

If I thought publicly kneeling would help people with this disease, I would be the first one down. But--even though I will wear some pink on occasion--I realize the only road is by faith. Day by day. And for that, I spend a lot of time on both knees. Thanks again, friends. 

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

?

Everyone should be equal.

Are you saying that everyone shouldn't be equal ?

Kneeling has not solved the problem and may even exasperate the situation.

Has kneeling solved the problem ? Is it better today than it was when the kneeling started?

Kenneth, I believe you know the answer. It may not be the answer you desire but it is most certainly not bullshit just because you say it should be.

If at the end of the day, you still believe it is bullshit, give me the common courtesy to know how, you see, kneeling has made the situation better. Also how, you see, have race relations improved ?

FWIW, my mother was one of those that chained themselves to the cafeteria in Louisville. My Aunt was one of the nuns that went south during the worst period to assist with voters. I will stand with you to help resolve the injustice as it occurs but I don't want to waste my time or the time of others by kneeling. We'll march, write our congressman, go on air to clear the air, etc...

Numbers, we had folks protesting for civil rights for Decades, before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality for African-Americans, we had gay people protesting for Decades before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality, we had women March for years for the right to vote before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality, but you expect this protest to change the world in a year?  Too many of you are bitching about the "WHEN" of the protest, and shedding great indifference on the " WHY", just like they did in the days of Civil, Gay and Women's rights, but the sustained continuation of protests, often make the indifferent decide to become informed, and then involved.  

So yes, your statements are Bullshit in my eyes.  

50 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Numbers, we had folks protesting for civil rights for Decades, before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality for African-Americans, we had gay people protesting for Decades before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality, we had women March for years for the right to vote before we got laws passed to ensure at least some form of equality, but you expect this protest to change the world in a year?  Too many of you are bitching about the "WHEN" of the protest, and shedding great indifference on the " WHY", just like they did in the days of Civil, Gay and Women's rights, but the sustained continuation of protests, often make the indifferent decide to become informed, and then involved.  

And at the end of the day the protests are about "Fairness and Equality" and the solution on the left always has to do with taking from one group and giving it to the other.  More quotas, preferred hiring and reparations are the first step.  We should decriminalize drug dealing in certain neighborhoods and remove all white officers from black communities.  Banning the use of deadly force against non whites would be the next logical step.

And lastly, we just need to pass a "White and Asian" tax and reduce income taxes on Non-Whites and Non-Asians.   Use this money for reparations, to fund even more inner city schools and give illegal immigrants free education, healthcare and welfare. 

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dude, if you have no understanding of how the Military works, please refrain from commenting.   On the evening of  August 1, 1990 I was in Manhattan Kansas drinking beers with my hot 22 year old senior girlfriend  and her friends who were attending K. State.  I had just signed up to take 2 classes and start working on my Masters degree.   Was finally gonna be able to take advantage of those benefits.   3 months later I was on the Saudi/Iraqi border.

My son is raising his right hand at 1pm today to join the Marines.   Anyone who is willing to join the military and all that goes with it deserves our thanks regardless of whether or not they see action.  One of the most important members of every unit is the Supply Sargent.  They are not expected to see action but they sure as hell make sure the rest of us are fully supplied to do so.  A good supply NCO is worth their weight in gold. 

My opinion is we shouldn't play the national anthem or raise the flag at NFL games.  The players and organizations don't really deserve or rate that kind of honor.  With very few exceptions, most of them have done little to make this country a better place or help their fellow man.  Those that have can certainly be honored at other public events.   The NFL has wrapped itself in the flag purely as a marketing ploy. At one point the NFL was charging the military to have tributes on the field until it was discovered.   

As far as boycotting, I really only watch the Bengals, occasionally the Saints but not nearly as much as the Bengals.  Probably only watched 8 to 10 full Bengals games last year.  I haven't been to a game in a few years but go to OSU games 2 or 3 times a year.  I will occasionally meet my buds out for cold beers and to watch a game but usually we go together to watch college games which are simply more entertaining.

Everyone seems to run the same offense in the pros which has become a short passing controlled game.  I had a little hope when Kaepernick, RGIII and Cam came into the league but those exciting offenses were either found out and/or organizations realize its simply too easy to lose your franchise QB running that type of offense.

Not boycotting but the game has become horribly stale and inflicted with yellow flag disease. 

Congratulations to your son.

I gave you more credit than this.

I'll ask again... Should everyone be equal ? How has the situation improved by kneeling ?

Comparing what many brave middle class and poor people did in the Civil Rights of the 60s and 70s to kneeling at an NFL game is the only Bullshit going on right now.

And when did the NFL pregame turn into slob-knobbing the military and police?

We've been supporting the alternate side of the political platform for a while now. A decade ago, players weren't even expected to be on the field for the Anthem. I'm Ex-Navy, but I see no reason why you have to worship the flag in order to be able to go out and hit people really hard.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-pentagon-pays-the-nfl-millions-to-honor-veterans-at-games-2015-5

“Until 2009, no NFL player stood for the national anthem because players actually stayed in the locker room as the anthem played,” ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith explained in 2016. “The players were moved to the field during the national anthem because it was seen as a marketing strategy to make the athletes look more patriotic. The United States Department of Defense paid the National Football League $5.4 million between 2011 and 2014, and the National Guard $6.7 million between 2013 and 2015 to stage onfield patriotic ceremonies as part of military-recruitment budget line items.”

I can understand that. Perhaps it is in the leagues best interest to move them back to the locker room. They made the decision to market the league that way and have also made the decision to allow and even back the protests. They most certainly could stop them if they chose.

Whether I like the protests or not would not stop me from watching the game. I can't recall the last time I watched the anthem anyway. My beef is 100% the quality of games including the play of teams and officiating. If I'm not entertained I'm not tuning in no matter what they do with the anthem. Like tonight's game I doubt I watch a snap. Green Bay should win by double digits and I have no interest watching wonder bitch Rodgers two times in one week.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

And at the end of the day the protests are about "Fairness and Equality" and the solution on the left always has to do with taking from one group and giving it to the other.  More quotas, preferred hiring and reparations are the first step.  We should decriminalize drug dealing in certain neighborhoods and remove all white officers from black communities.  Banning the use of deadly force against non whites would be the next logical step.

And lastly, we just need to pass a "White and Asian" tax and reduce income taxes on Non-Whites and Non-Asians.   Use this money for reparations, to fund even more inner city schools and give illegal immigrants free education, healthcare and welfare. 

Dude...  That is one colossus of a straw man you've constructed there.  They are asking if maybe cops could not routinely execute unarmed black men with impunity. It's a reasonable request and they are peacefully protesting. Quit trying to conflate that with a bunch of white fragility race baiting nonsense.

10 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You know what.... As a veteran, I'm tired of racists hiding behind the military as if it gives them a right to be racist dickbags.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2017/09/27/ozark-bar-spells-out-lynch-kaepernick-in-side-by-side-jersey-doormats?platform=hootsuite

That former veteran can stand with the other pieces of shit that make it difficult to have dialogue in this country. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

And at the end of the day the protests are about "Fairness and Equality" and the solution on the left always has to do with taking from one group and giving it to the other.

Wait... Are you saying the system is already fair, and it doesn't need re-balancing, or do you think it isn't fair and should stay that way?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Dude...  That is one colossus of a straw man you've constructed there.  They are asking if maybe cops could not routinely execute unarmed black men with impunity. It's a reasonable request and they are peacefully protesting. Quit trying to conflate that with a bunch of white fragility race baiting nonsense.

Its not a straw man, it is sarcasm.  There is NO way to legislate fairness.  No way to legislate the end of racism.  But there certainly are ways to totally fuck a situation up. 

In 2014 the number of murders in Baltimore was 211. 

In 2015, Barack Obama and his Attorney General Loretta Lynch caved to the demands of BLM in Baltimore and forced significant changes to how the police operated in that city, particularly how they interacted and operated in predominantly black neighborhoods.  This was a result of the death of Freddy Grey while in police custody and the ensuing riots that occurred.  The Department of Justice forced sweeping changes that went into effect January this year.

The results so far:  The number of murders this year is on pace to set an all time record.   The murder rate is up 85% from 2014.   Baltimore will most likely become the city with the highest per capita murder rate in the US surpassing Detroit.  It is on pace for almost 350 murders this year which would be another 15% increase since the new rules went into effect.     

Just to put it in perspective:

In 2016 there were 294 murders in Los Angeles a city of 3,980,000.

In 2016 there were 301 murders in Baltimore a city of 595,800.

So LA has almost 7 times the population and LESS murders. 

Chicago is another place with a soaring murder rate up 76% since 2014. 

9 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Wait... Are you saying the system is already fair, and it doesn't need re-balancing, or do you think it isn't fair and should stay that way?

No, I said the LEFT'S read Democrat's  solution is to take from one side using government power and give to the other.  Never said anything was fair. I did say you can't legislate fairness. 

By the way, explain to me what part of the SYSTEM isn't fair and PLEASE cite sources. I realize there is racism out there but the SYSTEM to me is GOVERNMENT.

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Its not a straw man, it is sarcasm.  There is NO way to legislate fairness.  No way to legislate the end of racism. 

So desegregation & the Civil Rights Act were bad ideas or..  ??  

RE: Baltimore, correlation does not imply causation.  It's also possible that the police are deliberately overlooking high-crime areas, like Daryl Gates & his LAPD before and during the LA riots.  Maybe two opposing gangs are at war or maybe people are pissed about Joe Flacco.  All we know is that the murder rate is up, the why of it is speculation.  Blaming increased police accountability seems a bit too convenient for me to accept blindly.

FWIW I thought we were boycotting the NFL because they suck.

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, I said the LEFT'S read Democrat's  solution is to take from one side using government power and give to the other.  Never said anything was fair. Did say you can't legislate fair. 

So.... Essentially, it's unfair and we shouldn't do anything to change that. You can't legislate "fair" so let's do absolutely nothing about it except bitch if someone brings it to our attention. Because you'd rather just be entertained by bread and circuses on Sundays without having to remember that "other" people have it unfair.

And FYI, both sides are taking from one and giving to the other. You get to decide if you support Robin Hood or King John. It's not complicated.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

So desegregation & the Civil Rights Act were bad ideas or..  ??  

RE: Baltimore, correlation does not imply causation.  It's also possible that the police are deliberately overlooking high-crime areas, like Daryl Gates & his LAPD before and during the LA riots.  Maybe two opposing gangs are at war or maybe people are pissed about Joe Flacco.  All we know is that the murder rate is up, the why of it is speculation.

No, those laws made everyone EQUAL under the law, didn't make anything fair. 

Archived