John Ross

15 minutes ago, jhowdy54 said:

WTF is going on with John Ross and the Bengals? John Ross said publicly that he never tweaked his knee in practice and that we was good to go. Also told him this week that it was a wait and see If he'll play. This is some fucked up shit.

Interesting....where did u see that at?

If this is front office / coaching contrived, it's the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.

Weird, made up, spiteful shit, even if intended to "disguise gameplan" has got to be a dismiss-able offense.

It's hard enough being a Bengal fan right now then to have to sift through horseshit like this. It reeks of Marvin. I swear the guy has lost his mind.

1 hour ago, Montana Bengal said:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ross-says-structural-damage-knee-just-soreness/PSaH4beQAiO4Z3ItXQZblL/

“It’s just soreness,” Ross said. “But it’s getting better. That’s the most important part.”

I'm curious where the report came from?

Yeah I'm not seeing "made-up injury" either.  Where did he say he could've played? 

From the link I posted...http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/bengals-top-pick-says-structural-damage-knee-just-soreness/PSaH4beQAiO4Z3ItXQZblL/

Cincinnati Bengals first-round pick John Ross said the knee issue that kept him out of Sunday’s game at Green Bay is a lingering effect from the injury he suffered in the preseason finale at Indianapolis and that there’s no structural damage.

Cincinnati Bengals first-round pick John Ross said the knee issue that kept him out of Sunday’s game at Green Bay is a lingering effect from the injury he suffered in the preseason finale at Indianapolis and that there’s no structural damage.  Coach Marvin Lewis said that he saw some good things out there this afternoon and continues to see continued improvement every week.  When asked the status of Ross's knee Lewis said, "Ross's knee is where it is right now" and he assures us that his three year contract extension is a done-deal and the team is just waiting for the right time to announce it.

18 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

If this is front office / coaching contrived, it's the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.

Weird, made up, spiteful shit, even if intended to "disguise gameplan" has got to be a dismiss-able offense.

It's hard enough being a Bengal fan right now then to have to sift through horseshit like this. It reeks of Marvin. I swear the guy has lost his mind

This is more of a Mike Brown move than Marvin Lewis. They did the same thing with AJ McCarron. It's similar to what happens in baseball with young prospects that they wait until the middle of the season to bring up from the minors so they don't get credited with a full season.

Not saying I agree but it's part of Mike's master plan.

On 9/27/2017 at 12:46 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Maybe we should stop drafting hurt players. 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:35 PM, Marlon23 said:

This is a splendid IDEA.

We are going to miss out on a lot of great talent.

Half of the players taken in the top 10 of the draft missed more games with injury last year than Ross (Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette, Mike Wiliams, Christian McCafferty)

Archived