John Ross

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ross is out again, but according to some nobody could have seen this coming.  After all, a track record of major multiple surgeries means nothing more than simple bad luck.  It certainly doesn't mean he is fragile and injury prone.  That would just be ridiculous.  

And everfyone knows that you can accurately predict an NFL players entire career based on the first three weeks of his first season.  Every player that was injured during the first three games of his career was a complete bust.

Ross did miss an entire season in college but in the other three years he missed a total of one game.  Johnathan Joseph missed a lot more time than that in college.

6 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

you're silly if you think Ross missing games is the reason the offense isn't humming...

Oh I don't think that, the article does.  I've been bitching about our suspect OL for years so no surprises there for me.  Shit offensive line = shit offense. 

Tyler I-hurt, eh.. maybe. I would hope the team would know better than to rely on him too much, but they've also been stubborn before with being over-invested in under-performing players. See OL, above.

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ross is out again, but according to some nobody could have seen this coming.  After all, a track record of major multiple surgeries means nothing more than simple bad luck.  It certainly doesn't mean he is fragile and injury prone.  That would just be ridiculous.  

Plus he's pretty slight of frame. Not a big guy at all.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Jesus, I can't believe he's this hurt. It seems to me that either there's something else besides the knee going on that the Bengals are being tight-lipped about, or that the knee injury is way more serious than originally portrayed.

We are talking about the Bengals training staff.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

We are talking about the Bengals training staff.

They did a bang up job with Chris Perry though.

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Really? Shit, I can, no problem.  None of this is the least bit surprising.

I guess. I suppose I just wish it weren't so.

Bung, the official line from Hobson is that Ross re-injured his knee in practice leading up to Green Bay.  The original injury was against Indy in the 4th preseason game.  But it's the same injury to the same knee apparently.   It's hard to say how serious it is, but what we do know is that he missed almost the entire off season,  barely played in a couple games, and he has hurt himself twice.  Not exactly encouraging considering the history.  I won't hold my breath that he plays in Pittsburgh, that's for damn sure.

Archived