John Ross

20 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Who in the hell is James Rapien, and why does a tweet from the Outer Limits carry so much weight? 

He is a producer for 1530.  He also has a daily (well, almost) Bengals podcast called Locked on Bengals.

James Rapien has been hyping Ross since before the draft.  Obviously, he disregarded Ross'extensive injury history at Washington and focused on his 40 time.  Lately, James seems to be struggling to come to grips with the reality that Ross is yet again injured and will probably continue to deal with injuries for however long he lasts in the NFL.  Not surprisingly,  James is also a huge supporter of Tyler Eifert. 

And Fred, 2016 was the only year Ross didn't miss games due to injury so quit cherry picking.   His first 3 years at Washington he injured both of his knees (ACL, microfracture, meniscus).

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Wednesday injury report... guess who?DKwYSLCXUAAXYDV.jpg

Any thought that the guy is just too stupid to get his head in the play book?

If you are referring to Ross, no.  He is a bright guy.  Listen to some of his interviews, he is very articulate.

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

And Fred, 2016 was the only year Ross didn't miss games due to injury so quit cherry picking.   His first 3 years at Washington he injured both of his knees (ACL, microfracture, meniscus).

In two of his college seasons '16 and '13 he did not miss a single game with injury.  In '14 he missed one game.

My point is that If you want to look at the college careers of the players going in the first round of the draft most of them have missed time with injury.  All NFL teams can do is see how the players have recovered.  Ross had an amazing season in '16 so why would you hold the previous injuries against him.

If you only draft players who have not been injured in college you are going to be drafting a lot of guys who never even played in college.

Anthony Munoz had multiple knee surgeries in college.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If you are referring to Ross, no.  He is a bright guy.  Listen to some of his interviews, he is very articulate.

Doesn't mean he has the self discipline to learn his playbook completely or continue to improve himself.  Then again, this is all rumor and speculation.  Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy so we can see what he can do. 

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Doesn't mean he has the self discipline to learn his playbook completely or continue to improve himself.  Then again, this is all rumor and speculation.  Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy so we can see what he can do. 

Yes, it is speculation. Based on what?

Fred, Munoz is the exception, not the rule.  Ross was off the board for multiple teams because of his injury history.  Even in his breakout season last year, he played injured with a torn labrum that required surgery.  It's unrealistic to only draft players with spotless medicals, but no one can honestly claim that Ross didn't have giant, screaming red flags based off his time at Washington.  The fact that the injury bug has followed him to the NFL is both concerning and unsurprising.

18 hours ago, fredtoast said:

We are going to miss out on a lot of great talent.

Half of the players taken in the top 10 of the draft missed more games with injury last year than Ross (Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette, Mike Wiliams, Christian McCafferty)

I truly wanted Mike Williams, I thought he would be a big help in the red zone.  I sometimes, want them ready to contribute right out of the gate, but that does not always happen healthy or not coming in from the draft.  Fred right on the money again boyz!

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ross was off the board for multiple teams because of his injury history.

You have no way of knowing this.  Teams often make that claim just to drive down the value of a player they are actually wanting to draft.

Every year players who were injured in college get drafted high by NFL teams.

Plus Ross may well become a great player for the Bengals.  It is way too early to judge a rookie. 

Fred, Mike Mayock reported that Ross was off multiple draft boards due to medical issues.  You are free to believe what you want, but Mayock is credible to me and well connected in league circles as far as the draft is concerned.  Ross did have red flags coming out if college due to multiple injuries.  That is a fact. 

38 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fred, Mike Mayock reported that Ross was off multiple draft boards due to medical issues.  You are free to believe what you want, but Mayock is credible to me and well connected in league circles as far as the draft is concerned.  Ross did have red flags coming out if college due to multiple injuries.  That is a fact. 

I am not doubting that teams told Mayock these things.  But they that is how they disseminate false information.

The teams that would have removed Ross from their boards would have had to remove dozens of the top players in the draft.  I am not making this up.  Many of the top players in the league were injured in college.  I remember that AJ green missed multiple games with injury the year before his last season in college.  Jonathan Joseph was injured pretty much every season in college.  I can go on and on if you want, but the fact is that if you only draft players who don't get injured in college you are going to miss out on some of the best players in the NFL.

6 hours ago, turningpoint said:

O good now we're arguing about a WR that we all knew wasn't going to do shit until about week 7...man the giants were dumbasses for drafting Odell Beckham, what a bum he is.

Let's be fair.... We are arguing about a misleading headline based on a rumor, that looks to be very untrue, about a WR that we all knew wasn't going to do shit until week 7. 

49 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

He's been ruled out for Sunday...

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Shocking

:o

Bengals will be without John Ross and Tyler Eifert this weekend

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 29, 2017, 12:43 PM EDT

The Bengals had a good idea tight end Tyler Eifert would be out for a few more weeks with a back problem.

But he’s not the only one.

The Bengals have also ruled rookie wide receiver John Ross out for Sunday’s game against the Browns. He missed last week’s game as well with a knee problem. The first-round pick played in Week Two, but fumbled and didn’t play much of a role afterward.

The Bengals are 0-3 and reeling offensively, and the absence of two guys they were counting on this year isn’t helping.

Just now, High School Harry said:

The Bengals are 0-3 and reeling offensively, and the absence of two guys they were counting on this year isn’t helping.

If they were really counting on either of them that's dumb as shit, but they did name Ced the starting LT so who knows.

Archived