J.J. Dielman

29 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

the Bengals re-signed G JJ Dielman to the practice squad on the 14th - after the RAMS cut him. The OL looks bad and Dielman looked good in camp and pre-season - should we bring him up? Would it help - I bet he's hungry! Thoughts?

I really liked him coming out of college... That said, he couldn't beat out Trey Hopkins? He was bad enough that the Bengals decided to take their chances on the waiver wire with him? I think that says all you need to know.

5 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I really liked him coming out of college... That said, he couldn't beat out Trey Hopkins? He was bad enough that the Bengals decided to take their chances on the waiver wire with him? I think that says all you need to know.

I think they took a chance to shelve him but given the performance of the OL I also think it is time to shake it up! Play him at G next to Smith on the Left and sit Obumisserable

Just now, mhfinks said:

I think they took a chance to shelve him but given the performance of the OL I also think it is time to shake it up! Play him at G next to Smith on the Left and sit Obumisserable

You want to sit Boling? Our only capable lineman?

Backups are always popular on a losing team, but if Dielhman could play at a high level, he wouldn't have been let go twice. It's not like he had to beat out stiff competition in front of him.

Like I say, I like the guy, but there's been plenty of players I liked coming out of college that don't have what it takes to play the pro game.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You want to sit Boling? Our only capable lineman?

Backups are always popular on a losing team, but if Dielhman could play at a high level, he wouldn't have been let go twice. It's not like he had to beat out stiff competition in front of him.

Like I say, I like the guy, but there's been plenty of players I liked coming out of college that don't have what it takes to play the pro game.

no - not Boling - I want to move boling to RT and sit Fisher!  So the line would look like this.... LT Smith LG Deilman C bodine RG Hopkins RT Boling - i want to bench fisher and obmisserable......

I would be very OK with it.  Add him to the list of hungry young OLinemen we have on the squad, Westerman et al.

What I would love to see and think would help the offense a LOT would be for asst head coach (or whatever) Alexander the Not So Great come up with some schemes using multiple big boys on the line in non-traditional formations to open holes for Mixon and give Andy more time to throw and less to worry about getting killed.

We have multiple receiver sets, why not fewer receivers and more protectors?

Along with this, I would like to see Andy be tutored on how to run a real play action to actually deceive the defense ala Boomer.

But if Alexander is so great, why doesn't he do something with the line?  I honestly think the talent is there other than Ogbuehi and Fisher.

JMHO ... let the stats begin

Archived