Home Security Cameras

i have like 6.

i have been using Yi Cams. the 720p ones are like $39, the 1080p ones are $59, the new second edition 1080p ones are $79-99.

they take an SD card but also offer a cloud service. if you only want the cloud to store the motion detected, its $15/mo for 5 cams.  if you want it to record a constant 30 days its $9/cam/mo i am doin the motion, the SD card stores like 55 days. so the cloud is a good backup, in case someone steals the cam itself.. otherwise i have access to all footage still.. there is an app for my phone, ipad, mac, etc..

its the cheapest way i have found... they run on wifi... and require being plugged in.

they flagg motion points. the newer 1080p ones allow you to select the zone you want to trigger motion, so front door you can skip motion trigger for the road, but keep for porch, etc..

you can get notifications on the app if you want.. i have it set to certain hours.. so i get a motion signal until the kids get home inside and back yard, once they are home i get signal for porch and outside.. etc..

had them over a year (back when i had cash to spend

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.35.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.34.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.34.18 AM.png

So I had two D-link cameras already with new night time capability.

found 3 more refurbished for 60 bucks.  Going to try to set motion activation up to snap pics and upload to an ftp server (maybe my nas). I have them linked to Dlinks online 'portal' at them moment so I can login and stream.  Might try to set up a recorder or something.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:05 PM, GoBengals said:

i think i have a few d-links im not using if you want them..

I may hit you up at some point.  

Right now I've got a Virtual Machine running on my media server.  The VM is running Windows with iSpy software and it seems to work pretty well.  I tried a few linux software offerings, but they didn't work real well or were a pain in the butt to get installed.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived