Will We Make the Playoffs this Year?

Will we Make the Playoffs?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will We make The Playoffs this year?

Sadly, i disagree. I love this team, but one win over Cleveland and a win against Buffalo will not convince me to drink the Kool-aid.  So, lets see where it goes. At this point I need to see more from the OL. I need to see the run game produce true results. The Defense i believe could win a post season game I'm not convinced the offense could. Yes, we have talent but Mixon has Yet to score as a Bengal (i think that's right).  I need to see what other WR will step up and help Dalton and Green. Kroft may be a one week wonder and I am not willing to fall into the Eifert trap just yet. So, a win against Buffalo followed by the bi-week and then the true test of this team - they must beat Pittsburgh, not once this year, but twice for me to say they have a playoff chance in hell. I hope they can go to the playoffs, Hell I hope they win the SB, however, at this point i would say the chances of that happening are equal to a snowball in Hell. Realistically i think this team is 9-7 and just miss.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Agree.

I felt our roster was good enough to make the playoffs before the season started.  They have underachieved, but I still think we have the talent to make the playoffs and win a game.

The talent is there, I think we will be making some adjustments, if we can get this win come Sunday we do have a shot.  

37 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Sadly, i disagree. I love this team, but one win over Cleveland and a win against Buffalo will not convince me to drink the Kool-aid.  So, lets see where it goes. At this point I need to see more from the OL. I need to see the run game produce true results. The Defense i believe could win a post season game I'm not convinced the offense could. Yes, we have talent but Mixon has Yet to score as a Bengal (i think that's right).  I need to see what other WR will step up and help Dalton and Green. Kroft may be a one week wonder and I am not willing to fall into the Eifert trap just yet. So, a win against Buffalo followed by the bi-week and then the true test of this team - they must beat Pittsburgh, not once this year, but twice for me to say they have a playoff chance in hell. I hope they can go to the playoffs, Hell I hope they win the SB, however, at this point i would say the chances of that happening are equal to a snowball in Hell. Realistically i think this team is 9-7 and just miss.

Our schedule might start working in our favor.  Might be one of those years where we starting hitting our stride a little into the season.  Not giving up the season yet. 

33 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

Our schedule might start working in our favor.  Might be one of those years where we starting hitting our stride a little into the season.  Not giving up the season yet. 

Again - we need to beat Pittsburgh first!

28 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Although they are probably better than many of the 0-3 teams since 1980, the odds are just too long...

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/its-over-nfls-0-3-teams

No first-round playoff embarrassment this year, Bengals fans.

Here is the way I look at it.  If 5 teams have done it, but none have done it in 19 years then the odds are that a team will do it this year.  Statistically we are overdue for an 0-3 team to make the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I see maybe 6 more wins.   7-9.  Our division is garbage.   

Seriously, I think we can win 6 out of the next 7 perhaps not straight, but we have the Bills the bye stoolers, colts, jags titans broncos and browns that will finish up November.  then huge game dec 4th primetime.

2 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

Seriously, I think we can win 6 out of the next 7 perhaps not straight, but we have the Bills the bye stoolers, colts, jags titans broncos and browns that will finish up November.  then huge game dec 4th primetime.

I don't think so. 4 of the next 6 on the road.  We are not winning 3 of those 4 on the road.

One of 2 things needs to happen.

1. The O-line plays better.

2. Lazor needs to scheme around it well enough to put up an average of 24 ppg or so.

I want to see our offense continue to play well against a team that has a good front 7.  Then I will make a call.  This week is likely one of those games.

Archived