Will We Make the Playoffs this Year?

Will we Make the Playoffs?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will We make The Playoffs this year?

I think the only reason why we have a slim chance is because of our division being weak this year. Everyone looks beatable and vulnerable. If we can sweep the division the rest of the way I say we can make it. A lot has to happen for us to get in though, including us counting on other teams beating the Steelers and the Ravens the rest of the way.

So I say there's a feeble glimmer of hope, but chances are certainly against us.

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Exactly.  Odds don't possess a memory.  You can throw "tails" 100 times in a row and the odds on your 101st are still 50/50.

Not even close to same thing.  A coin has EXACTLY a 50% chance to land head or tails.  The Bengals don't have a 50% chance to beat the Stealers on the road 

If your theory held true every team would have the same chance of winning the Super Bowl every year which isn't the case.

28 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Not even close to same thing.  A coin has EXACTLY a 50% chance to land head or tails.  The Bengals don't have a 50% chance to beat the Stealers on the road 

If your theory held true every team would have the same chance of winning the Super Bowl every year which isn't the case.

You're missing the point.  They aren't "due" anything because of statistics.  The odds of seeing the postseason aren't improved because a 0-3 team hasn't made it recently.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

You guys are both wrong. Depending on what type of surface you are flipping it on, it could land on its edge. :lol:

Will me make the playoffs? Sure, I absolutely believe it's possible with the talent on this team and especially the way the d has played. Again, we could very easily be 3-1 even with all the sloppiness. They can beat anyone when they don't give the ball away more than they take it away. 

You're missing the point.  They aren't "due" anything because of statistics.  The odds of seeing the postseason aren't improved because a 0-3 team hasn't made it recently.

Chiefs made after starting 0-5 a few years ago. While the start is terrible if you want to make the playoffs the stats are worse because teams that start 0-3 start that way because they suck. If the oline improves we are far better than that but it's a big if. We shouldn't have lost the first two at home and because of that we will probably miss the playoffs. Right now we need to win all of our home games and go at least 500 on the road to have a shot. That's 9-3 over the next 12. Are we that good?

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, fredtoast said:

Here is the way I look at it.  If 5 teams have done it, but none have done it in 19 years then the odds are that a team will do it this year.  Statistically we are overdue for an 0-3 team to make the playoffs.

I agree 100% it's due to happen this year....

the Stealers are very beatable, Ravens & Browns both weak....

if our O-line jells quickly we will win the AFC north, imo....

the schedule gets easier for us too....

but we have to win the next two games....

& that means our offense HAS TO MOVE THE CHAINS....

stay on the field, run the ball....control the tempo...

keeps our defense stronger/fresher...

we'll find out this sunday....1:00 pm

On 10/4/2017 at 1:34 PM, Marlon23 said:

Will we Make the playoffs this year?  I think if we Beat Buffalo this weekend, we make the adjustments out of the Bye Week and we actually Make and Win a Playoff game this year.  What do you guys and gals think?  

One step closer!!  Boom!!!!

I still don't think so.  Sorry.

We have beaten two woeful teams.  I do not think Cleveland will win a game all year.

We face far better teams than we have seen and our O line is abominable.

However, Ben looks like he is washed up and has quit for Pittsburgh.

Baltimore may benefit more from this than us considering they have already beaten us and at home.

Not sure how much the final game of the season at Baltimore away will matter but at least I won't be

sitting out in the cold on New Years Eve.

So, nope. 

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

We have beaten two woeful teams.  I do not think Cleveland will win a game all year.

Baltimore may benefit more from this than us considering they have already beaten us and at home.

Not sure how much the final game of the season at Baltimore away will matter but at least I won't be

So, nope. 

392a817642bdd975bbd9d8dd952932a974116394

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

So, nope. 

You know Buffalo beat Atlanta and Denver, right?

Archived