Will We Make the Playoffs this Year?

Will we Make the Playoffs?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will We make The Playoffs this year?

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Do you guys just want them to shut the boards down then?

God forbid people discuss and argue football on a fucking football message board. I know, I know. CRAZY that folks would dare do something like that. I should just start posting popcorn gifs and litter the board with nonsensical historical references instead of football talk.

If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Off topic, but I just don't get it man.

I post on a Bengals board because I love football and love the Bengals and love talking about it.

Other people post here because they love.....explaining to everyone how it isn't a real sport in every thread? Like, what the fuck?

incredulous.gif

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

God forbid people discuss and argue football on a fucking football message board. I know, I know. CRAZY that folks would dare do something like that. I should just start posting popcorn gifs and litter the board with nonsensical historical references instead of football talk.

You obviously don't understand what motivates these type of people.

They feel that the only way they can make themselves look smart is to deny what everyone else believes.  Want to be smarter than a guy who went to medical school?  Just get on the internet and tell everyone they are stupid to believe in "traditional medicine".  Much easier to read a couple of stories on the internet than to actually study biology and chemistry.

Want to feel smarter than everyone else about football?  Just invent a wild conspiracy theory and mock everyone else for not believing it.  No need to study any facts or stats.  Just make it up and claim it is true.  Pick any example that supports your position and ignore everything else.

Low self esteem can cause people to do all sorts of crazy shit to make them feel better about themselves.

BTW this conversation has gone way off topic, but I now doubt that we make the playoffs.  I didn't think we could challenge for a championship, but I thought we could at least make the postseason with a great defense and average offense, but now I have my doubts.

Unless the Stealers are the best team in the league we are not going to win many more games.  We didn't just get beat.  We got dominated.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

You obviously don't understand what motivates these type of people.

They feel that the only way they can make themselves look smart is to deny what everyone else believes.  Want to be smarter than a guy who went to medical school?  Just get on the internet and tell everyone they are stupid to believe in "traditional medicine".  Much easier to read a couple of stories on the internet than to actually study biology and chemistry.

Want to feel smarter than everyone else about football?  Just invent a wild conspiracy theory and mock everyone else for not believing it.  No need to study any facts or stats.  Just make it up and claim it is true.  Pick any example that supports your position and ignore everything else.

Low self esteem can cause people to do all sorts of crazy shit to make them feel better about themselves.

Spot On.

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Your point is fucking stupid.  You have no idea what you are talking about. AJM managed to score ZERO FUCKING POINTS with 2 turnovers the first 3 quarters.  ZERO.  That was with our entire offense healthy. If it were not for our defense, McCarron would have never had the opportunity to pull his head out of his ass.   If McCarron were better than Dalton, Mike Brown would have already traded Andy to save money.  You obviously don't know shit about our owner or the NFL in general.

Wow buddy, you must know a whole bunch about the sport. Skirted around my question like a politician didn't ya? It's okay. Go play your instruments at halftime, and read stat sheets after the game, and make excuse after excuse for the shit show of a choke artist QB that we field every week. You seem to be really good at that. How close did Andy ever get us to a playoff W? He couldn't beat shitty teams in the playoffs. An inexperienced backup performed better than he did when it counted most against our rival in a playoff game. I'm saying long-term it ain't Andy or AJ. Shitcan Andy and Marv and start fresh!

But I have no idea what I'm talking about??? Pay close attention....ok buddy...you got this. You say AJM managed to score "ZERO FUCKING POINTS" for 3 quarters. Right? Did he not throw a clutch TD to our best receiver to give us the lead in the most important quarter, THE FOURTH??? But you'd rather have the shmuck from sunday have two good drives early for TD's, and shit down his leg the entire 2nd half without completing one pass to #18? Then throw the fucking ball out of bounds on the last drive on 4th and 3? But hey Chief, you know your football! Right? THEREFORE, YOUR POINT (or lack thereof) IS FUCKING STUPID! LOL!! What the hell do I know?

I'm not saying AJM is great, my point is Andy chokes!

9 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Wow buddy, you must know a whole bunch about the sport. Skirted around my question like a politician didn't ya? It's okay. Go play your instruments at halftime, and read stat sheets after the game, and make excuse after excuse for the shit show of a choke artist QB that we field every week. You seem to be really good at that. How close did Andy ever get us to a playoff W? He couldn't beat shitty teams in the playoffs. An inexperienced backup performed better than he did when it counted most against our rival in a playoff game. I'm saying long-term it ain't Andy or AJ. Shitcan Andy and Marv and start fresh!

But I have no idea what I'm talking about??? Pay close attention....ok buddy...you got this. You say AJM managed to score "ZERO FUCKING POINTS" for 3 quarters. Right? Did he not throw a clutch TD to our best receiver to give us the lead in the most important quarter, THE FOURTH??? But you'd rather have the shmuck from sunday have two good drives early for TD's, and shit down his leg the entire 2nd half without completing one pass to #18? Then throw the fucking ball out of bounds on the last drive on 4th and 3? But hey Chief, you know your football! Right? THEREFORE, YOUR POINT (or lack thereof) IS FUCKING STUPID! LOL!! What the hell do I know?

I'm not saying AJM is great, my point is Andy chokes!

I prefer the guy who has at least beaten one team that finished better than 4-12.

Dalton has lead a lot of clutch drives against great teams that actually lead to victories.  McCarron has never ever done that even ONCE in his entire career.  In that playoff game McCarron could not score a single td unless the defense gave him the ball in Pittsburgh territory.  The fact that he completed one td pass to Green does not make him an amazing clutch player.  He sucked all during that game and the defense bailed him out. 

Just now, fredtoast said:

I prefer the guy who has at least beaten one team that finished better than 4-12.

Dalton has lead a lot of clutch drives against great teams that actually lead to victories.  McCarron has never ever done that even ONCE in his entire career.  In that playoff game McCarron could not score a single td unless the defense gave him the ball in Pittsburgh territory.  The fact that he completed one td pass to Green does not make him an amazing clutch player.  He sucked all during that game and the defense bailed him out. 

You people have no idea!!!!!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He hasn't won a single big game in his career! He sucks!!!!

19 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Andy Dalton will never win us a playoff game. The closest we ever came in his career was when we had an inexperienced backup come in and not turn it over. Andy is a choke. He's had 5 chances to win us a playoff game fellas. 5! None of those teams that beat us even made it to an AFC championship game. Andy is a soft, scared, happy footed QB that stinks in big games. Take all those stats and rankings and blow them out your ass. HE Stinks! He single-handedly lost us the Texans game this year. His stats don't begin to show the quality of effort he puts forth when it counts. Mediocre at best. But in my eyes, garbage!!! People said he was tough cause he limped through the Bills game. LOL. CHild please! Our QB is anything but tough. He threw the damn ball out of bounds on purpose on 4th and 3 on the last drive of the game. Someone PLEASE try to make an excuse for that! Please! That garbage doesn't show up on the stat sheet. And don't give me the poor O-Line excuse. Russell Wilson hasn't had a good line yet. Until McAaron starts or somebody else, I'm done.

Once again, it must be pointed out that this poster actually thought AJ McCarron didn't turn the ball over during that playoff game he keeps rambling about.  He also thinks Andy Dalton had 5 chances to win a playoff game.  That is also incorrect, he has had 4.  He was hurt in 2015.   

Then he pulls an Al Bundy.

Your childish behavior and lack of knowledge is wearing thin.  McCarron would have started long ago if he were better than Dalton.   The players would have said something by now if AJ McCarron were better than Dalton just like they did when Montana was shipped out to Kansas City in favor of Steve Young and Favre was let go in favor of Rodgers. 

Would I like a better QB than Dalton?  Sure.  Where I do I get one?

Just now, SF2 said:

Once again, it must be pointed out that this poster actually thought AJ McCarron didn't turn the ball over during that playoff game he keeps rambling about.  He also thinks Andy Dalton had 5 chances to win a playoff game.  That is also incorrect, he has had 4.  He was hurt in 2015.   

Then he pulls an Al Bundy.

Your childish behavior and lack of knowledge is wearing thin.

Don't forget how Andy sucked it up and choked against the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Then he pulls an Al Bundy.

Your childish behavior and lack of knowledge is wearing thin.

He didn't turn it over when it counted, but you're right. Andy is such an under-rated playoff QB. He is the answer guys! It's Andy fucking Dalton boys! He's gonna take us to the show and win... LOL! Dildos like you are the reason this franchise is a laughing stock year after year. I know talent and toughness when I see it. Andy has neither. Without AJ Green coming in the same year, this assclown gets cut for sure.

5 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Go play your instruments! LOL! Our QB stinks and is SOFT and you know it! Go back to PITTSBURGH doosh!

why do you keep saying this..

I guess you were/are they type of asshole that makes fun of people for being in the band or something while the studs played football?/ lol

I bet you can't wait until your next high school reunion..... highlight of the year with you and all your fat and out of work buddies can reminisce about those glory days...  see.. I can say dumb shit too..but mine is probably more accurate 

10 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

He didn't turn it over when it counted, but you're right. Andy is such an under-rated playoff QB. He is the answer guys! It's Andy fucking Dalton boys! He's gonna take us to the show and win... LOL! Dildos like you are the reason this franchise is a laughing stock year after year. I know talent and toughness when I see it. Andy has neither. Without AJ Green coming in the same year, this assclown gets cut for sure.

Dude, it counts all game.  The horrible INT and 3rd fumble let to 2 easy field goals (thank god our defense played their asses off).   Correct me if I am wrong but we only lost by 2 points, correct?   So you are saying turnovers that easily lead to the other team scoring 6 points were no big deal even though we lost by 2?   Back to the Van Uncle Rico. 

I would start doing some of that moderating but I so enjoy watching people make fools of themselves.  BTW, I am not a McCarron hater I just know he isn't any better than Dalton.  I mean I guess we could make due with those 122 passing yards per game. 

Just now, Champ Kind said:

Yep, you got me. Never played a down in high school, or college. Never coached at any level, don't currently coach at the high school level, don't have a job or a wife, live in my parents house. In no way have I ever been successful at anything. You got me Napoleon.

so you're just a prick for no reason, not because your life sucks?  yay?? 

5 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Yep, you got me. Never played a down in high school, or college. Never coached at any level, don't currently coach at the high school level, don't have a job or a wife, live in my parents house. In no way have I ever been successful at anything. You got me Napoleon.

Who are you talking to right now?  You have an imaginary friend sitting next to you?  If you are so great, why are you not coaching in the NFL or college right now?  How about you give us your real name so we can check out all of your exploits.  You probably didn't know this but OMG and I are former Astronauts.   Fred was too damn blind to go up so he ran mission control until he failed a drug test. 

BTW, how come all of the other really smart people are NOT screaming for AJM to take over for Dalton?  Hmm, kinda makes you wonder. I guess you are just smarter than all of them as well. I can still remember all of the questions about when would they finally let Young be the starter since it was already a known fact he was better than Montana.  Never hear that about AJ.

Archived