Will We Make the Playoffs this Year?

Will we Make the Playoffs?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will We make The Playoffs this year?

3 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Teams don't make the playoffs without winning big games.

2013...Dalton completes 74% of his passes (20-27) for 212 yards and rushes 6 times for 25 yards as 2-2 Bengals hand Division Champion Patriots their first loss of the season.

2013...Down 30-14 with just 5 minutes left in 3rd quarter against Division Champion Packers.  Dalton goes 9-10 for 132 yds and 2 tds to lead the Bengals to victory.

2013...Week 14 victory against the Division Champion Colts.... 24-35....275 yds...3 tds...0 int...120.5 passer rating

2014...Bengals had not won a game in over a month when they face the 5-2 Ravens (who beat the Stealers in the playoffs that year).  Dalton completes 75% of his passes (21-28) for 266 yards and rushes for 2 tds including the game winner with less than a minute remaining. Bengals come from behind in the fourth quarter for a season saving 27-24 victory.

2014...Bengals trail Division Champion Panthers 24-17 in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 14-18 for 168 yds and a passing td plus converts 2 third downs running as the Bengals score on four straight drives.  Their fifth drive goes 62 yards to the Carolina 18, but a missed FG cost them the win.

2014...Week 16 victory over Division Champion Broncos....93.1 passer rating 2 tds, 6 carries for 25 yards

2015...Division Champion Seahawks (#2 defense in the league) have a 17 point lead in 4th quarter.  Dalton finishes the game 13-15 for 136 yards with a passing td and a rushing td to win the game in overtime.

2015...Bengals playing at Pittsburgh trail 10-6 with 5:30 left in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 4-5 for 45 yards and caps game winning drive with a td pass to AJ Green with less than 3 minutes left.

Other notable performances in victories against playoff teams.

2012... 19-27....328 yds...3 td...132.9 rating versus Redskins

2014... 25-38....301 yds...1 td... 98.7 rating versus Ravens

2015... 17-24....321 yds...3 td...127.1 rating versus Chiefs

2016... 22-31....285 yds...1 td...110.3 rating versus Dolphins

The most telling stat is 0-5 in the playoffs...

Champions are made in the post season, not the regular season. The fact is that when the going gets tough... he just leaves.

He's an average QB at best, and there is no refuting that. His 2015 performance was an aberration unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yes.

We actually have a LOT of potholes in Western PA. Like, a LOT more than you insinuated. It's absolute madness.

"potholes in their (Western PA FF) Greatness", for clarity's sake. 

But that was another clever response, honestly.   

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Actually it has already been refuted.

You do not get to define reality based on your own opinion.

Neither do you... as another poster put it so succinctly another thread when addressing you;

"You kind of remind me of my first girlfriend, Toast. She was pretty, but shallow. Used to spend a lot of time talking, but not too much time saying anything. We've both been on these boards for a long time and for anyone who has been paying attention, our respective manner of carrying ourselves is pretty clear to people.

This is how this is going to go. First, you'll need to admit that your purpose is to pick a fight with me. Notice, I'm not saying you have to admit that being a troll is your essential function on this board. I'm just saying that our dialogue ought to begin with at least some modicum of truth. If you truly say what you mean, then acknowledging your general method should be no difficulty.

If you do that, then we'll be on our way to having a fine discussion about Vietnam, wars at large, and the decline of the American republic."

FYYNF

•  

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Look over the schedule: other than the certain Favored Franchises in the northeast, the rest of the AFC sort-of contenders is a mediocre basket. If there were ever a year, when it is conceivable the WC's could be 9-7 or worse, it is this one. 

And although it counters your worship of the Western PA Favored Franchise, even they are not without more than a few potholes in their Greatness. 

Your are aware my post clearly said Saints,..not Stealers?  The other point is that while a great team may find our remaining schedule easy, a team with the 29th ranked offense, to include the least efficient running game in the league, may find the going a little tougher. 

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

Neither do you... as another poster put it so succinctly another thread when addressing you;

"You kind of remind me of my first girlfriend, Toast. She was pretty, but shallow. Used to spend a lot of time talking, but not too much time saying anything. We've both been on these boards for a long time and for anyone who has been paying attention, our respective manner of carrying ourselves is pretty clear to people.

This is how this is going to go. First, you'll need to admit that your purpose is to pick a fight with me. Notice, I'm not saying you have to admit that being a troll is your essential function on this board. I'm just saying that our dialogue ought to begin with at least some modicum of truth. If you truly say what you mean, then acknowledging your general method should be no difficulty.

If you do that, then we'll be on our way to having a fine discussion about Vietnam, wars at large, and the decline of the American republic."

FYYNF

•  

Only problem is that I did not do anything at all that could be considered "trollish".  All I did was ask a legitimate question.  Apparently this "other poster" was just trying to avoid getting into any sort of debate with me.  The best way to deal with a troll is to remain calm, answer the question,  and not let them taunt you into personal insults.  But all this "other poster" (like you) was able to do was insult me and refuse to engage in an adult conversation.

If refusing to discuss the topic and doing nothing but post personal insults is what a troll does, then who are the trolls around here?

Now back to the topic.  I did not use only my opi9nion to refute the claim that Dalton was "average at best".  Instead I used a long list of stats and facts.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Only problem is that I did not do anything at all that could be considered "trollish".  All I did was ask a legitimate question.  Apparently this "other poster" was just trying to avoid getting into any sort of debate with me.  The best way to deal with a troll is to remain calm, answer the question,  and not let them taunt you into personal insults.  But all this "other poster" (like you) was able to do was insult me and refuse to engage in an adult conversation.

If refusing to discuss the topic and doing nothing but post personal insults is what a troll does, then who are the trolls around here?

Now back to the topic.  I did not use only my opi9nion to refute the claim that Dalton was "average at best".  Instead I used a long list of stats and facts.

If the shoe fits...

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:17 PM, fredtoast said:

Teams don't make the playoffs without winning big games.

2013...Dalton completes 74% of his passes (20-27) for 212 yards and rushes 6 times for 25 yards as 2-2 Bengals hand Division Champion Patriots their first loss of the season.

2013...Down 30-14 with just 5 minutes left in 3rd quarter against Division Champion Packers.  Dalton goes 9-10 for 132 yds and 2 tds to lead the Bengals to victory.

2013...Week 14 victory against the Division Champion Colts.... 24-35....275 yds...3 tds...0 int...120.5 passer rating

2014...Bengals had not won a game in over a month when they face the 5-2 Ravens (who beat the Stealers in the playoffs that year).  Dalton completes 75% of his passes (21-28) for 266 yards and rushes for 2 tds including the game winner with less than a minute remaining. Bengals come from behind in the fourth quarter for a season saving 27-24 victory.

2014...Bengals trail Division Champion Panthers 24-17 in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 14-18 for 168 yds and a passing td plus converts 2 third downs running as the Bengals score on four straight drives.  Their fifth drive goes 62 yards to the Carolina 18, but a missed FG cost them the win.

2014...Week 16 victory over Division Champion Broncos....93.1 passer rating 2 tds, 6 carries for 25 yards

2015...Division Champion Seahawks (#2 defense in the league) have a 17 point lead in 4th quarter.  Dalton finishes the game 13-15 for 136 yards with a passing td and a rushing td to win the game in overtime.

2015...Bengals playing at Pittsburgh trail 10-6 with 5:30 left in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 4-5 for 45 yards and caps game winning drive with a td pass to AJ Green with less than 3 minutes left.

Other notable performances in victories against playoff teams.

2012... 19-27....328 yds...3 td...132.9 rating versus Redskins

2014... 25-38....301 yds...1 td... 98.7 rating versus Ravens

2015... 17-24....321 yds...3 td...127.1 rating versus Chiefs

2016... 22-31....285 yds...1 td...110.3 rating versus Dolphins

Dude, I can't believe you wasted that much time on one post. Here's my more meaningful zero research response. 0-4 in playoffs with 6 INT and 1 TD

29 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Dude, I can't believe you wasted that much time on one post. Here's my more meaningful zero research response. 0-4 in playoffs with 6 INT and 1 TD

Too bad your "more meaningful zero research response" is 100% wrong.

That is the problem around here.  People refuse to do any research that might prove them wrong.  Instead they just make false statements and claim they are true.

Just now, Champ Kind said:

And serious question. How am I wrong? Cause I left out the 57.8 passer rating?

Because not winning a playoff game does not prove that Dalton sucks and has never won a big game.

Do Geno Atkins and A J Green suck?

100% wrong but exactly correct on Dalton's playoff numbers? I don't want to waste my time or prove myself more correct by including his #'s in prime time. You can do that for me if you like. I'm just having a hard time following you two on here. Are you arguing that Andy is really good, or trying to prove that he really isn't that bad?

13 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

100% wrong but exactly correct on Dalton's playoff numbers? I don't want to waste my time or prove myself more correct by including his #'s in prime time. You can do that for me if you like. I'm just having a hard time following you two on here. Are you arguing that Andy is really good, or trying to prove that he really isn't that bad?

I'll just speak for myself here but I have a hard time putting the entire responsibility on Andy when it's been the entire team shitting the bed in almost every playoff game and even the primetime games. It's not like the rest of the team is playing lights out and Andy is throwing ducks all day causing them to lose solely due to his performance. I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone for pointing out that Andy has a bad game when he actually has a bad game, hell, I even point it out before other people do sometimes. The guy has played like a top QB when he had a decent to good OL, good WRs, good OC, and decent RBs. Every QB in the league needs good players around them to succeed, but Andy may need a little extra help compared to the elites. I don't think that's a huge knock on his ability since most average to good QBs also need a good supporting cast to do very much.

I have a hard time following you because I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you want to have an actual discussion about this stuff. When a person says that AJM didn't turn the ball over in a game where he threw a pick and fumbled 3 times with 1 lost, and then you say that Andy shit the bed against the Jets in a playoff game where he wasn't even drafted yet.....well, it's hard to take you very seriously. It's like you don't give a shit what has actually happened and I can't even tell if you honestly follow the Bengals, you seem to only post about how bad Andy is and nothing else, so that kinda sets off the scent of a random internet troll that discovered these boards and wants to fuck with people.

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'll just speak for myself here but I have a hard time putting the entire responsibility on Andy when it's been the entire team shitting the bed in almost every playoff game and even the primetime games. It's not like the rest of the team is playing lights out and Andy is throwing ducks all day causing them to lose solely due to his performance. I don't think I've ever disagreed with someone for pointing out that Andy has a bad game when he actually has a bad game, hell, I even point it out before other people do sometimes. The guy has played like a top QB when he had a decent to good OL, good WRs, good OC, and decent RBs. Every QB in the league needs good players around them to succeed, but Andy may need a little extra help compared to the elites. I don't think that's a huge knock on his ability since most average to good QBs also need a good supporting cast to do very much.

I have a hard time following you because I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you want to have an actual discussion about this stuff. When a person says that AJM didn't turn the ball over in a game where he threw a pick and fumbled 3 times with 1 lost, and then you say that Andy shit the bed against the Jets in a playoff game where he wasn't even drafted yet.....well, it's hard to take you very seriously. It's like you don't give a shit what has actually happened and I can't even tell if you honestly follow the Bengals, you seem to only post about how bad Andy is and nothing else, so that kinda sets off the scent of a random internet troll that discovered these boards and wants to fuck with people.

Shhhh.  Let them go.  They're on a roll.  I've got the popcorn in the microwave right now. :smile:

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

Andy is a good QB.  The claims that he sucks and has never won a big game are false.

Maybe if you actually read the thread and saw the comment I was responding to you would have some idea what we are talking about.  You like to brag about not doing any research, but it kind of makes you look stupid in situations like this.

Archived