Report: Bengals work out quarterbacks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/05/report-bengals-work-out-quarterbacks/

Report: Bengals work out quarterbacks
Posted by Charean Williams on October 5, 2017, 5:25 PM EDT

The Bengals worked out quarterbacks Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin and T.J. Yates on Thursday, according to Field Yates of ESPN. All three worked out for the Titans earlier this week before Tennessee signed Brandon Weeden.

Cincinnati has only Andy Dalton and A.J. McCarron on the roster, and McCarron has an Achilles’ injury.

Barkley, a fourth-round of the Eagles in 2013, has a 1-5 record as a starter with eight touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

McGloin, who signed with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2013, has a 1-6 record as a starter with 11 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Yates, a fifth-round pick of the Texans in 2011, has a 4-3 record as a starter with six touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Cant we just make Mo Sanu the backup?  Oh, never mind.  Of the three I would rather sign Kaepernick to vet min contract.  At least he actually has experience and has won some big games.  Barkley is garbage,  McGloin has done nothing and TJ Yates has started 7 games in 5 years.  None of these guys could step in and possible win a game me thinks. 

A one trick pony has-been cannot be redeemed. He was a product of a gimmicky college offense...had a bit of surprise success under a weirdo coach...then fell off the planet once every DC figured out his limitations. 

Not that any of the schmucks being worked out were any better, but no need to waste time with this guy either. 

McSkeeter will be fine shortly. Besides, who is #2 tomorrow anyway? 

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

A one trick pony has-been cannot be redeemed. He was a product of a gimmicky college offense...had a bit of surprise success under a weirdo coach...then fell off the planet once every DC figured out his limitations. 

Last year, on a team that allowed the 3rd most sacks in the league, Kaepernick completed almost 60% of his passes with 16 tds, only 4 ints, and a passer ratring of 90.3.  And I'll give a dollar to anyone here who can name 2 WRs or a single TE who played for the Forty-niners last year.

I agree he was a bit over rated early in his career, but now he is being underrated by the haters.

Archived