Report: Bengals work out quarterbacks

Re: Kaepernick I don't think he is worse than most of the backups in the league, but his skill set doesn't fit every offense.  Ideally, he needs to utilize his mobility to be effective so that means plenty of RPO plays, rollouts, bootlegs, etc.  Chip Kelly's offense is tailor made for him and explains his success last year.  He could certainly run Buffalo's offense and probably do a better job than Tyrod Taylor.  I honestly don't think our offense would be a great fit.  He would be primarily kept in the pocket and a high percentage of his passing attempts would be shotgun/3 receiver sets.  Kaepernick has never excelled in playing from the pocket in obvious passing situations.

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Re: Kaepernick I don't think he is worse than most of the backups in the league, but his skill set doesn't fit every offense.  Ideally, he needs to utilize his mobility to be effective so that means plenty of RPO plays, rollouts, bootlegs, etc.  Chip Kelly's offense is tailor made for him and explains his success last year.  He could certainly run Buffalo's offense and probably do a better job than Tyrod Taylor.  I honestly don't think our offense would be a great fit.  He would be primarily kept in the pocket and a high percentage of his passing attempts would be shotgun/3 receiver sets.  Kaepernick has never excelled in playing from the pocket in obvious passing situations.

He has really never had the quality of WRs that Andy had except in his first year and Jim Harbaugh may be the most over rated coach in the history of mankind.  Think about this:

The year Kaepernick went to the Superbowl, his receivers were Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis (TE), Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker (TE) and Frank Gore out of the backfield.  He threw for 302 yards against Baltimore in the Superbowl on 16-28 with 1td and 1int.

Last year his receivers were Jeremy Kerley, Quitton Patton, Vance McDonald (TE), Garrett Celek and Carlos Hyde (RB)  out of the backfield.

Chip Kelly was a FAILURE as an NFL coach and his offense was worthless with the personnel he had surrounding Kaepernick. 

He would actually fit our current offense pretty well since he is mobile and can roll left and right to buy time.  My only reason for suggesting him was I thought McCarron was hurt or something and the other options were NEVER EVER GONNA BEs who have no history of winning. 

That said the baggage and his girlfriend probably would not be worth it. 

Archived