Official Bills at Bengals Game Thread...

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Why did Johnson just come off his man and allow that sack?

Why are we still playing musical chairs on the offensive line?  Fuck Alexander with a stick.  Fucking bum.  Give him an extra large jar of paste and sit him in a corner.

Trying to find a combination that works.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trying to find a combination that works.

I could accept that if it was still preseason.  If Alexandurrr really doesn't know who his 5 best OL are then let's find a coach who does.  No other team in the league runs an OL this way, it's asinine.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I could accept that if it was still preseason.  If Alexandurrr really doesn't know who his 5 best OL are then let's find a coach who does.  No other team in the league runs an OL this way, it's asinine.

The announcers said they can't do it in practice so I'm guessing the preseason wasn't the best measuring stick either.  It's obviously still a problem so I don't have a problem with mixing and matching.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The announcers said they can't do it in practice so I'm guessing the preseason wasn't the best measuring stick either.  It's obviously still a problem so I don't have a problem with mixing and matching.

No other team seems to have this inability to name 5 starters.   I suspect half the problem with our OL is this whole musical chairs routine.  Maybe they would start to come together as a unit if they were given a chance.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No other team seems to have this inability to name 5 starters.   I suspect half the problem with our OL is this whole musical chairs routine.  Maybe they would start to come together as a unit if they were given a chance.

No other team has as much crap at the position.  And if they can find a combination that is even mediocre this team can be REALLY good.

Just now, Jason said:

No other team has as much crap at the position.  

You think we have the 5 worst OL at every position?  I doubt that.  And even if they're shit, the coach's job is to determine who is the least shitty and play them.  Swapping them around like this is just a way to avoid the responsibility of making a decision.  I'd bet any 5 they pick would play better overall than the constant reshuffling they're doing now.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

You think we have the 5 worst OL at every position?  I doubt that.  And even if they're shit, the coach's job is to determine who is the least shitty and play them.  Swapping them around like this is just a way to avoid the responsibility of making a decision.  I'd bet any 5 they pick would play better overall than the constant reshuffling they're doing now.

Boling is a decent player over his career, but he hasn't been very good so far this year.  And Andre has been a pleasant surprise. But certainly the worst run blocking line in the league.  

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I'd hazard a guess that no other teams have young first and second rounders who are supposed to be starting at both tackle positions who can't seem to keep their shit together. 

Which would you rather have, T, subbing based on situations and keeping Dalton primarily upright, or forcing the issue with the same guys without improvement and a dead Dalton?

I see your point about Alexander and agree he should be shitcanned, but I think you're wrong in your desire to force the issue with the same five no matter what. Plus, I am all for seeing if we can't get Fischer and Oggy more game ready.

6 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I'd hazard a guess that no other teams have young first and second rounders who are supposed to be starting at both tackle positions who can't seem to keep their shit together. 

Which would you rather have, T, subbing based on situations and keeping Dalton primarily upright, or forcing the issue with the same guys without improvement and a dead Dalton?

You're assuming that not subbing OL constantly would somehow be worse than what we've seen.  I doubt that.  

I think you're right about the OT draft picks, though.  If they bench them that would be admitting someone fucked up - again, if they don't make a decision then they can't be wrong.  I think they know full well who their best 5 are and it's not their high draft picks.  This sort of lack of accountability goes beyond the OL, too.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You're assuming that not subbing OL constantly would somehow be worse than what we've seen.  I doubt that.  

I think you're right about the OT draft picks, though.  If they bench them that would be admitting someone fucked up - again, if they don't make a decision then they can't be wrong.  I think they know full well who their best 5 are and it's not their high draft picks.  This sort of lack of accountability goes beyond the OL, too.

You did watch this fucking offense last year, right? With Zeitler and Whit shouldering some of the load? They forced the issue with Og and Fisch, made them play more than they should, and it was a disaster. 

If they are seeing improvement, regardless of how incremental, in Og and Fisch, it's who of them to keep trying to get them improved. They certainly cannot accomplish this on the bench. They need in game snaps.

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think Ced's problem is confidence and experience. I think they are trying to boost that confidence by putting him in a position where he isn't always playing and he is easing in somewhat. Think may = hope. 

I think Boling is an above average guard. 

I am hopeful that we have something in Hopkins at RG. 

That's 3 other spots to fill

4 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

If they are seeing improvement, regardless of how incremental, in Og and Fisch, it's who of them to keep trying to get them improved.

But they were rotating RG too.

So, we already knew we had a problem at RT before we ever let Whit and Z go, and now we have to rotate in Moobs at both tackle spots, have to play 3 guys at RG....

If you're telling me that at all three of these positions they can't figure out who's the best player, that must mean they're pretty similar. So why not ride or die with your starting 5 and at least let them get some cohesion. Let them learn to work together. How long have we heard the old mantra that O-Line has to work as a unit?

14 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Loving Buffalo fans misery at the bar. They can't believe they were beat by a scrub team that gave them 3 turnovers. 

Quite a few of them at Holy Grail pregame and in stadium too. Not particularly obnoxious for the most part, but did also note the color leave their faces after the Iloka INT. Reminded me of their predecessors after the '88 AFC Championship Game--suddenly very quiet. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Quite a few of them at Holy Grail pregame and in stadium too. Not particularly obnoxious for the most part, but did also note the color leave their faces after the Iloka INT. Reminded me of their predecessors after the '88 AFC Championship Game--suddenly very quiet. 

you're right they weren't obnoxious fans, just a bit delusional about their team.

Archived