Bills Bengals; Good, Bad, and Ugly

The NFL Referees Association on Thursday said it “strongly denounces” allegations that its officials are exhibiting bias during games.

“Claims like these demonstrate a fundamental lack of knowledge about NFL officiating,” NFLRA Executive Director Scott Green said in a statement. “NFL officials are graded on every call made in every game. Missing a single one can hurt his or her ranking and may be the difference between working in the postseason or not.”

Oh, OK. That explains it. :Why-min:

Funny how the referees think grading their performance and determining playoff assignments means they are accountable.   They need to be fined or fired based on their performance.   Hardly anyone gets replaced under the current system and hitting them in the wallet is the only way I can see to get better officiating.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:27 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Funny how the referees think grading their performance and determining playoff assignments means they are accountable.   They need to be fined or fired based on their performance.   Hardly anyone gets replaced under the current system and hitting them in the wallet is the only way I can see to get better officiating.

They should also have to face the media after games.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:27 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Hardly anyone gets replaced under the current system and hitting them in the wallet is the only way I can see to get better officiating.

For the first time ever the NFL is employing some "full time " refs this year.  Up until now they have all just been "part time" refs who had other jobs.

Maybe this will help.

Archived