Why you should root for the Dodgers

I don't watch baseball at all any more, but I keep track of the standings and post season. I was a big fan from as far back as I remember. Vaguly remember a game at Crosley near the end. Anyways, unless the Dodgers blow it, there will either be a revival of the classic Yankees world series in the late 70s-early 80s, 3 in 5 years. Or it will be the old division match-up against the Astros. Should be interesting, but I'm still not watching.

On 10/15/2017 at 6:45 AM, CincyInDC said:

Because their fans are unbearable cockbags.

1. They remind me of browns fans. Really cocky for being really horible for years,. Well, before last year.

2. All of those Cincinnati area defectors to the Cubs. Never understood that.

3. The Bartman fiasco. Much ado about shit.

4. The worldwide encouragement to rally around them since they haven't won for so long. Doesn't seem to apply to the Bengals. In fact it's the opposite.

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

I don't watch baseball at all any more, but I keep track of the standings and post season. I was a big fan from as far back as I remember. Vaguly remember a game at Crosley near the end. Anyways, unless the Dodgers blow it, there will either be a revival of the classic Yankees world series in the late 70s-early 80s, 3 in 5 years. Or it will be the old division match-up against the Astros. Should be interesting, but I'm still not watching.

Of the teams left I know 2 players.  Aaron Judge?? Homerun hitter for Yankees. Clayton Kershaw because he is supposed to be good. Since the league is designed for certain teams to be at the top and other teams to be pseudo minor league teams (Reds) I find no intrest in the sport anymore.   2 post season wins (no series wins)  in 25 years is pretty pathetic for the Reds.

Oh, hate the Dodgers, Cubs and Yankees.  If Houston gets in I will watch.    Cant wait until the NBA starts in March. 

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Of the teams left I know 2 players.  Aaron Judge?? Homerun hitter for Yankees. Clayton Kershaw because he is supposed to be good. Since the league is designed for certain teams to be at the top and other teams to be pseudo minor league teams (Reds) I find no intrest in the sport anymore.   2 post season wins (no series wins)  in 25 years is pretty pathetic for the Reds.

Oh, hate the Dodgers, Cubs and Yankees.  If Houston gets in I will watch.    Cant wait until the NBA starts in March. 

The NBA season has already started. I forgot, sorry...the regular season is just one long exhibition schedule encouraging NBA AvgFan to drain their bank accounts 82 times before the already-set list of league money-making favorites get seeded to boil down to the also already set FINALS participants. Save your time and energy until June, when you will fully entertained by the NBA version of the Police Academy movies: LeBron meets Curry IV. 

If there is ever an alleged sport more predictable than the NFL, it's the NBA.    

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

1. They remind me of browns fans. Really cocky for being really horible for years,. Well, before last year.

2. All of those Cincinnati area defectors to the Cubs. Never understood that.

3. The Bartman fiasco. Much ado about shit.

4. The worldwide encouragement to rally around them since they haven't won for so long. Doesn't seem to apply to the Bengals. In fact it's the opposite.

This is still the greatest non-filmed rant of all time (NSFW):

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Todd Frazier you know, no?

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

Was yes. Now a Yankee.

Like I said, we are a defacto minor league team that sells off our better players mid season to contenders.  All the more reason to hate the Yankees. 

The first 6 months of the NBA season are not watchable.   I typically don't watch until after March Madness heck maybe not until May after the Premier League season is over. 

14 hours ago, schotzee said:

Yeah shit and to think we got him first over them bastards to begin with. Smh.

That was intentional.  Let him get some starts and experience in a small market town with less New York pressure then when/if he plays well move him up to the major leagues. 

Watching this Game 7 in the ALCS is proof positive that baseball is the greatest, most real, game on the planet. Not one person, place, or thing outside of the 713 area code wants the Astros to win--and the league/media have been all-in for NY from the start of the series. But even with shrinking strike zones, etc., this game of baseball is and always will be: pitch/hit/field. If you don't do that, you don't win--no matter how much the elites want you to win. Purity. 

I dont care who wins the WS--this game is beautiful. 

Dodgers fan my entire life - this team is exciting and deep.

LeTigre - huge Utley fan too. He looked old last night. Hopefully he gets a chance to shine again.

So yes, root for the Dodgers and maybe history will pull along the Bengals.

BTW, how bout #2 Penn State. Big one Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, Harley said:

Dodgers fan my entire life - this team is exciting and deep.

LeTigre - huge Utley fan too. He looked old last night. Hopefully he gets a chance to shine again.

So yes, root for the Dodgers and maybe history will pull along the Bengals.

BTW, how bout #2 Penn State. Big one Saturday. 

Go Astros

and of course

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

we can root together on Sundays...:D

On 10/21/2017 at 10:33 PM, Le Tigre said:

Watching this Game 7 in the ALCS is proof positive that baseball is the greatest, most real, game on the planet. Not one person, place, or thing outside of the 713 area code wants the Astros to win--and the league/media have been all-in for NY from the start of the series. But even with shrinking strike zones, etc., this game of baseball is and always will be: pitch/hit/field. If you don't do that, you don't win--no matter how much the elites want you to win. Purity. 

I dont care who wins the WS--this game is beautiful. 

Right, because the umpires have no control over things like balls and strikes.  It is pretty much impossible for them to influence the outcome of the game in any way.:lol:

And, of course, the record increase in home runs over the last two seasons has nothing to do with the balls.  It is just a coincidence that every single player in the majors got better at hitting home runs at the exact same time.

Plus I am pretty sure that a large part of the country is rooting for the Astros just because they have never won a World Series before.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:08 PM, Le Tigre said:

The NBA season has already started. I forgot, sorry...the regular season is just one long exhibition schedule encouraging NBA AvgFan to drain their bank accounts 82 times before the already-set list of league money-making favorites get seeded to boil down to the also already set FINALS participants. Save your time and energy until June, when you will fully entertained by the NBA version of the Police Academy movies: LeBron meets Curry IV. 

If there is ever an alleged sport more predictable than the NFL, it's the NBA.    

Yeah, I am so sick of seeing the all of the big market teams like the 76ers, Lakers, and Knicks making the playoffs every single year.

And when is the NBA going to stop fixing games for the Golden State Warriors?  I mean haven't they been dominating the West for like ten straight years now?

I am so much smarter than avg fan because I know these things.

:lol:

Archived