23 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'd say this is highly accurate. Ross played a grand total of 6 snaps on O out of the possible 56. He also played 0 ST snaps and you'll usually see active WRs that don't get snaps at WR finding some playing time on one of the ST units.

It's pretty clear that Ross is planned to be a WR and not much of a STer and that he's just not ready for whatever reason whether it's injury, playbook, or performance related.

I would buy this except for one thing:  He played 6 snaps.  There is NO reason in hell to put an injured player on the field for 6 snaps if there is still questions about his knee injury.   Ask RB3 and Mike Shanahan  if that is a good idea.   My guess is his knee is not the issue.  

My guess is it is purely performance/playbook related.  I seriously doubt his one fumble had anything to do with it.   AJ Green and Eifert both started day one, Marvin Jones saw the field day 1 so I don't buy the the rookie thing.

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would buy this except for one thing:  He played 6 snaps.  There is NO reason in hell to put an injured player on the field for 6 snaps if there is still questions about his knee injury.   Ask RB3 and Mike Shanahan  if that is a good idea.   My guess is his knee is not the issue.  

My guess is it is purely performance/playbook related.  I seriously doubt his one fumble had anything to do with it.   AJ Green and Eifert both started day one, Marvin Jones saw the field day 1 so I don't buy the the rookie thing.

Tyler Boyd played 739 snaps last year. You mentioned the other guys, I definitely don't think it's the rookie thing that some people are trying to claim. My personal opinion with all things considered is that he may not know the playbook or a combination of not knowing the playbook very well and running sloppy routes. Something is obviously going on because if Ross is good at anything it has to be taking a short route for some serious YAC, which is exactly the type of player the Bengals need on the field right now. He's not sitting on the bench for funsies and as you mentioned, they probably wouldn't let him play a single snap if they're concerned with the injuries.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

Tyler Boyd played 739 snaps last year. You mentioned the other guys, I definitely don't think it's the rookie thing that some people are trying to claim. My personal opinion with all things considered is that he may not know the playbook or a combination of not knowing the playbook very well and running sloppy routes. Something is obviously going on because if Ross is good at anything it has to be taking a short route for some serious YAC, which is exactly the type of player the Bengals need on the field right now. He's not sitting on the bench for funsies and as you mentioned, they probably wouldn't let him play a single snap if they're concerned with the injuries.

Totally agree. 

Archived