Bengal History week 7

Continuing series in honor of Bengals 50th season.

1979....Bengals come into game winless (0-6).  Defending Super Bowl Champion Stealers are 5-1.  Pittsburgh opens the scoring with a FG. Bengals respond by scoring 34 straight points in one of the most unlikely upsets in team history.  Bradshaw throws 2 interceptions to LB Reggie Williams, and the Stealers fumble 9 times (losing 7).  Bengals only win 3 more games that year while Stealers win their second Super Bowl in a row.

1980...Bengals record one of only 3 shutouts against a playoff team in their history 14-0 against the Minnesota Vikings.  Bengals dominate in every phase of the game rolling up 432 yards and 25 first downs on offense compared to the Vikings 168 and 10.  Ken Anderson completes 75% of his passes (21-28) and hits Don Bass (7 rec 110 yds) for a 55 yard td.  Pete Johnson scores the other td on a 2 yard run and gains 153 yards from scrimmage (115 rush, 38 rec)

2004...Bengals had not played on Monday Night Football in TWELVE YEARS when Denver came to town in week 7.  Despite playing on the road the 5-1 Broncos were a big favorite over the 1-4 Bengals.  Carson Palmer started the scoring with a 50 yard strike to Chad Johnson (7 rec 149 yds), and the Bengals never trailed on the way to a shocking 23-10 victory.  Rudi Johnson (119 rush yds) score the other Bengal td on a 36 yard run in the 3rd quarter.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

2004 was also the first MNF game for the franchise in like...

I was there. It was arguably the loudest game I had attended up to that point. The entire building shook. 

Yeh, my sister's husband went to it as well and was sitting near where your seats are now and he said the same thing......never heard the place that loud before or since.

28 minutes ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Yeh, my sister's husband went to it as well and was sitting near where your seats are now and he said the same thing......never heard the place that loud before or since.

28 minutes ago, Dr Tarzan said:

2005 and 2015 Stealers playoff games were Defintely loader

Archived