Official Bengals at Stealers Game Thread...

Lol @ this league. It can scarcely disguise its corruption. I had on NE-ATL for one series: two completely manufactured penalties to save the Princes of the Game's TD drive. Shut it off at once. 

Any rational human being who can believe this is a real sport, is not operating in reality. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol @ this league. It can scarcely disguise its corruption. I had on NE-ATL for one series: two completely manufactured penalties to save the Princes of the Game's TD drive. Shut it off at once. 

Any rational human being who can believe this is a real sport, is not operating in reality. 

Right!!!!  NFL has become a disgrace to the game of Football. It's time for some competition. Another league needs to form. Put Tebow out there it'll be a instant hit. I thought the UFL had a really good chance to grow but never attracted enough fans. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

The NFL is not watchable.  Patriots shutting out Falcons 23-0. Arizona, Indy and Denver shutout. Carolina 3 points. Giants 7 points. Titans beat Cleve 12 to 9 in OT?  Can you imagine how horrible that game was?  Just awful football.  Oh, and we are what everybody outside of Cincy thinks we were.  

And why the fuck didn't we run the ball in the 2nd half? 

Duh, because Mixon was averaging 7 YPC. We can't have any of that, no sir. Plus we were down six points at the half, so...PANIC TIME!

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Duh, because Mixon was averaging 7 YPC. We can't have any of that, no sir. Plus we were down six points at the half, so...PANIC TIME!

I am sorry I doubted the brain trust.  I wish I were angry but I am now at the point of utter apathy.  It would be different if this team simply had a lack of talent like the Browns but that is not the case.   We are back to 2006/2007 again.  We will beat the crap teams and lose to the better ones even though we have more talent.  Looks like it took 3 weeks to figure out our new O coordinator. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I am sorry I doubted the brain trust.  I wish I were angry but I am now at the point of utter apathy.  It would be different if this team simply had a lack of talent like the Browns but that is not the case.   We are back to 2006/2007 again.  We will beat the crap teams and lose to the better ones even though we have more talent.  Looks like it took 3 weeks to figure out our new O coordinator. 

Not so much the new O coordinator (maybe) but it took one half to figure out the weaknesses of our already woeful O line and blocking schemes.

Mixon got blamed for a sack that was a blown block by Fisher.

Halftime of that game told the whole story.  Pittsburgh adjusted, the Marvengals did absolutely nothing.

Their O seemed to focus on shutting down Atkins (did not hear his name), Burfict and Dunlap as much as possible and let

the rest of the scrubs step on their dicks.

Their D terrorized the O line.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Not so much the new O coordinator (maybe) but it took one half to figure out the weaknesses of our already woeful O line and blocking schemes.

Mixon got blamed for a sack that was a blown block by Fisher.

Halftime of that game told the whole story.  Pittsburgh adjusted, the Marvengals did absolutely nothing.

Their O seemed to focus on shutting down Atkins (did not hear his name), Burfict and Dunlap as much as possible and let

the rest of the scrubs step on their dicks.

Their D terrorized the O line.

Totally agree but if the O coordinator doesn't have a way to counter what they were doing or at least try then we might as well write off the rest of the season.    It was interesting watching the sideline at the end  of the Pats game last night.  The three coaches to include Bellicheck were congratulating each other like they had just won the Superbowl.  In particular, they were giving big attaboys to Matt Patricia the d coordinator.   Their defense sucked at the beginning of the season but they are getting better EVERY game.   Our team rarely improves during the season under Marvin.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

But see... You shouldn't be able to focus on stopping three guys. That should be a "pick your poison" deal where you can double Geno or Carlos but not both.

We could not stop the run in the second half... That was ballgame.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Abandoning the run game in a panic is what this team does, even when we had a decent OL and consistent 100+ yard rushers. That's nothing new.

I fail to understand why our coaching staff, presumably brainy, knowledgeable NFL people, fail to see that. Even Mixon made comments about not getting more carries, and then Marvin roundly criticized him for that. WTF? 

We got the ball at the beginning of the second half, down only 6 and Mixon averaging 6.9 a pop. That situation right there was SCREAMING for a long TD drive and heavy doses of Mixon. Nope. 

And then to see Dalton and McCarron yukking it up on the sidelines in the fourth quarter....

Dalton throwing the ball away on 4th and 2 without even TRYING to make a play for the first down (wasn't there like four minutes left there?)...

Taking a knee with 37 seconds left to concede the game rather than going down fighting...submissive...

Marvin yukking it up with reporters in his presser like we were 5-1 rather than 2-4...

Marvin has GOT TO GO. He has final veto over play calls. Why he doesn't go "Y'know, we were effective in the first half running the ball with our stud RB, and he's only had seven carries. Let's do more of that which will open up the passing game for Green..." is fucking beyond me. He's completely mailed it in. He plays not to lose rather than to win. He has no heart, he's checked out, and his team is a reflection of that. I wish Mike Brown would fire him right now. Seriously.

Probably beating a dead horse at this point, but on the subject of musical chairs OL

LB TJ Watt

You seemed to rotate the outside linebackers enough to keep them off balance. Did that pay dividends?
Yeah, I think we knew that they had a three-man rotation at tackle coming into the week. And I think we just wanted to get a piece of everybody.

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I fail to understand why our coaching staff, presumably brainy, knowledgeable NFL people, fail to see that. Even Mixon made comments about not getting more carries, and then Marvin roundly criticized him for that. WTF? 

We got the ball at the beginning of the second half, down only 6 and Mixon averaging 6.9 a pop. That situation right there was SCREAMING for a long TD drive and heavy doses of Mixon. Nope. 

And then to see Dalton and McCarron yukking it up on the sidelines in the fourth quarter....

Dalton throwing the ball away on 4th and 2 without even TRYING to make a play for the first down (wasn't there like four minutes left there?)...

Taking a knee with 37 seconds left to concede the game rather than going down fighting...submissive...

Marvin yukking it up with reporters in his presser like we were 5-1 rather than 2-4...

Marvin has GOT TO GO. He has final veto over play calls. Why he doesn't go "Y'know, we were effective in the first half running the ball with our stud RB, and he's only had seven carries. Let's do more of that which will open up the passing game for Green..." is fucking beyond me. He's completely mailed it in. He plays not to lose rather than to win. He has no heart, he's checked out, and his team is a reflection of that. I wish Mike Brown would fire him right now. Seriously.

This. I always recall Carson having to take a knee when the defense jumped offsides and we had a free play, if Aaron Rodgers had to do that we probably would have beaten Green Bay. 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The Redeemer won't fire him, but resists letting him cut problem players or assistant (head) coaches.  It creates a culture with zero accountability. 

Simple fact is: the man has no contract at season's end. Everyone will be getting their wish. If everything is January 1943 Sixth Army Stalingrad, like so many here think it is, leave the pocket to rot, and try again next season anew. 

But no--and even if Gotterdamerung isn't happening, which it is far from presently--the citizens in the arena seats want their blood lusts honored now. 

I have always found this syndrome fascinating. 

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Abandoning the run game in a panic is what this team does, even when we had a decent OL and consistent 100+ yard rushers. That's nothing new.

15 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Wait, what?  I thought Marvins biggets flaw was that he never changed or made any adjustments.

Now you say his biggest flaw is making too many adjustments.

So which is it.  Does he not change his gameplan at all or does he change it to quickly?

7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Wait, what?  I thought Marvins biggets flaw was that he never changed or made any adjustments.

Now you say his biggest flaw is making too many adjustments.

So which is it.  Does he not change his gameplan at all or does he change it to quickly?

I hardly consider abandoning the running game an adjustment.  No good coach stops something that is working unless the clock is your enemy.  With 14:59 remaining in the 3rd quarter only down by 6 I have to think it wasn't time to quit running the ball.  

33 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I hardly consider abandoning the running game an adjustment.  No good coach stops something that is working unless the clock is your enemy.  With 14:59 remaining in the 3rd quarter only down by 6 I have to think it wasn't time to quit running the ball.  

That is precisely correct, and exactly how I feel. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Archived