Stealers Bengals; Good, Bad, and Ugly

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Bad

Where was our vaunted pass rush?

Getting mugged, obviously.  This happens all the time in this type of game, IDK why anyone is surprised by it.  It's A Passing League TM, you know? They only call offensive holding when they feel like it.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Getting mugged, obviously.  This happens all the time in this type of game, IDK why anyone is surprised by it.  It's A Passing League TM, you know? They only call offensive holding when they feel like it.

You know I'm not so much into the conspiracy deal, but to be honest, holding is the penalty I like the least as far as how it's typically enforced. 

It truly is one of those things that's happening on a majority of plays and is a "call it when we feel like it's blatant enough to call" kind of things. 

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

You know I'm not so much into the conspiracy deal, but to be honest, holding is the penalty I like the least as far as how it's typically enforced. 

It truly is one of those things that's happening on a majority of plays and is a "call it when we feel like it's blatant enough to call" kind of things. 

It's not really a conspiracy.   It's blatant & they're not at all trying to hide anything.  That's just what the NFL is at this point. 

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

GOOD

Andy Dalton's 1st TD throw

WJIII

Michael Johnson

Joe Mixon's "do it yourself" run

Ryan Glasgow

Kevin Huber

Erickson's punt returns

Pat Sims

BAD
Dre Kirkpatrick

Nick Vigil

Tackling

Kevin Minter

RB rotation continues

UGLY

Ben Roethlisberger's Fat Fucking Face

2nd Half Offense

Offensive Line

Marvin Lewis

Paul Alexander

2nd Half "adjustments"

Don't leave Vinnie "Missed Tackle" Rey off the Bad list.  Really tired of watching him whiff.  Isn't there some way they work Jordan Evans in there?  Would like to see him get a chance.  He may not f up as much as Rey.

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

And the NFL Favored Franchises are exempt from even if they feel like it. 

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And the NFL Favored Franchises are exempt from even if they feel like it. 

The Bengals have the 2nd least offensive holds against them this year and the Stealers have the 3rd most against them.

But yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to Shakespeare up a riddle to mock me for proving you wrong.

To go further, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, Denver, and Atlanta were all in the top 10 last year. Cincinnati, Minnesota, Tennessee, and San Diego were in the bottom 10.

This changes year by year of course, so it's almost like the NFL Favored Franchises are only favored sometimes, but that's part of their grand scheme, isn't it?!?!

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It's blatant & they're not at all trying to hide anything.

Yet not a single player or coach who has had the NFL cost them a multimillion dollar job has ever said a word about it.

Maybe none of the contracts we hear about are even real.  Maybe the NFL just hires a bunch of actors who are all really paid the same.  That makes perfect sense to you doesn't it T-Dub.

5 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Yet not a single player or coach who has had the NFL cost them a multimillion dollar job has ever said a word about it.

Maybe none of the contracts we hear about are even real.  Maybe the NFL just hires a bunch of actors who are all really paid the same.  That makes perfect sense to you doesn't it T-Dub.

Sure Fred, the league is just a pristine as December snow. Find a stat to show everyone how there is not a hold on every play--even when plain old eyesight belies it every single time.  

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Sure Fred, the league is just a pristine as December snow. Find a stat to show everyone how there is not a hold on every play--even when plain old eyesight belies it every single time.  

There's a stat that shows we've been called for a LOT less holding penalties than Pittsburgh over the past 2 years, you just don't care because it doesn't align with your confirmation bias.

7 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

The Bengals have the 2nd least offensive holds against them this year and the Stealers have the 3rd most against them.

But yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to Shakespeare up a riddle to mock me for proving you wrong.

To go further, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, Denver, and Atlanta were all in the top 10 last year. Cincinnati, Minnesota, Tennessee, and San Diego were in the bottom 10.

This changes year by year of course, so it's almost like the NFL Favored Franchises are only favored sometimes, but that's part of their grand scheme, isn't it?!?!

As has been said ad infinitum, it is not the number of holds it is when they are called. And don't say they are "mistakes" like the media magpies--there are holds on every play, often several. Just use your good eyesight and watch just when they are called--or not called--and when the FF's benefit the most. 

Unless you go along with Fred, and believe the league is as pure and pristine and December snow. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

As has been said ad infinitum, it is not the number of holds it is when they are called. And don't say they are "mistakes" like the media magpies--there are holds on every play, often several. Just use your good eyesight and watch just when they are called--or not called--and when the FF's benefit the most. 

Unless you go along with Fred, and believe the league is as pure and pristine and December snow. 

It's just ridiculous that you refuse to be wrong about anything that you're clearly wrong about.

You make a claim, get refuted, then move the goalposts. When you say the league doesn't call them on the "favored franchise" and then I show you that they fucking clearly do, you change it to a totally different argument. It's bullshit. Whatever. Keep making shit up and using criteria that's impossible to prove so that you can never be wrong.

I have no idea why you seem to care so much if you hate modern football as much as you claim. Why post about it daily? Seems weird, but you do you. Later man, I'm good on all of this for now.

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

As has been said ad infinitum, it is not the number of holds it is when they are called.

Yet you have never once posted any facts to back this up.

How many more calls do the Patriots get in the fourth quarter of close games than other teams?  You have no idea. You just made up this claim without anything to back it up at all. 

But speaking of "ad infinitum" why do you refuse to explain why NFL players and coaches never complain about this "fix" when it costs them their multi million dollar jobs?  Do you really believe that they are all just actors being paid the same amount to perform?

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Edit: never mind, Fred. Everything has been asked and answered more times than sands in the sea.

Link to answer to my question about why no players or coaches ever complain about the fix that cost them their multi million dollar jobs.

Not trying to be a jerk.  I have never sen you answer that question.  Sorry that I missed it.  I am sure you want have any problem providing me with the link.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

You just go ahead and believe unconditionally in your pure and pristine NFL.  

Why are you resorting to a strawman?  All I said was that the games were not fixed and asked for a little proof other than just your opinion.  I never said the league was "pure and pristine".  Why can't you address what I actually said instead of making up a strawman?

Fred: all thing considered, this is a pointless standoff. You already know that there is no link to connect your tangential conclusion that there is no favoritism or slanting by the NFL. But you also cannot point to anything that establishes your premise that everything is operating with purity and impartiality. 

Call it a draw, and may we both just believe what we believe. 

No such thing as a draw in Toasts world... he is omnipotent in his straw man universe. He posts his truths and would not believe it if God himself proved him wrong.

How can you be wrong when you are the embodiment of Narcissus?

I’m so pretty and perfect my precious, but it’s gots its feelings hurts because the grimy little hobbits’ keep saying the emperor has no clothes...

B7E44462-137A-435F-B9AB-D8D3D9A051D4.gif

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

But you also cannot point to anything that establishes your premise that everything is operating with purity and impartiality. 

Yes I can.  If the NFL was fixed then coaches and players would complain when it cost them millions of dollars.

What is your answer to that?

Players, teams, and coaches DO complain ALL THE TIME about officiating and preferential treatment to certain teams. They then get fined by the NFL for speaking out about it. Then, if they calls were egregious enough, they “fix” the problem by changing the rules (such as the Whines Hard crack back block rule). 

Hope your straw man wasn’t injured when he was knocked off his soapbox this time.

The sad part is that you actually believe everything you post is the only truth there is... poor Gollum.

On 10/24/2017 at 7:39 AM, omgdrdoom said:

can't get a holding call when they don't even touch the defender...lol/:2:

21 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

can't get a holding call when they don't even touch the defender...lol/:2:

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Holding is also the rule every NFL fan is sure he understands and doesn't.

Very true and I'd bet I've called something a hold that truly wasn't one "by the books" (and vice versa) plenty of times in my lifetime. Even though there is language defining the terminology, it's still so subjective for referees to call it or not. There's so much hand fighting and blocking going on in such a small space sometimes and then people bitch that perfect calls can't be made for the entire game. I fully understand that it's tough for them to get everything correct but also how easy it is to call it when you feel like it because of how much borderline holding is happening throughout an entire game.

Archived