Stealers Bengals; Good, Bad, and Ugly

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Ok, so why has Mike Mitchell never been suspended? He's been penalized & fined at least as many times as Burfict. What's your explanation?

That's not true though. Burfict was suspended on his 7th violation (5 player safety & 2 extra curriculars), Mitchell hasn't even been fined 7 times yet in his career. 

Taunting in 2013 and then a hit on a defenseless receiver & unnecessary roughness both in 2015 for Mitchell. Those were his only previous fines in the league until he got double whammied against the Chiefs a week or two ago so that gives him 3 fines (2 player safety) up to 5 fines (4 player safety), so we'll see what the league does on his next one. Should be a suspension next time IMO.

This isn't defending Mitchell though, if Burfict is a piece of shit then Mitchell is the entire shit. Dude is dirty and doesn't get called/fined for everything that he should. Also not saying the league is consistent because Danny Trevathan sat a game this year for his first ever violation. So who knows, flip a coin and see if guys get a suspension or not I guess.

9 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Go ahead, show me a GIF of Mike Mitchell punching a guy in the nuts during a dead ball. Maybe he has. I'll also take twisting a players ankle during a dead ball or stomping on the leg of a running back after a TD.

Okie dokie.

25 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

That's not true though. Burfict was suspended on his 7th violation (5 player safety & 2 extra curriculars), Mitchell hasn't even been fined 7 times yet in his career. 

Taunting in 2013 and then a hit on a defenseless receiver & unnecessary roughness both in 2015 for Mitchell. Those were his only previous fines in the league until he got double whammied against the Chiefs a week or two ago so that gives him 3 fines (2 player safety) up to 5 fines (4 player safety), so we'll see what the league does on his next one. Should be a suspension next time IMO.

This isn't defending Mitchell though, if Burfict is a piece of shit then Mitchell is the entire shit. Dude is dirty and doesn't get called/fined for everything that he should. Also not saying the league is consistent because Danny Trevathan sat a game this year for his first ever violation. So who knows, flip a coin and see if guys get a suspension or not I guess.

Okie dokie.

Well, Wikipedia also says Mitchell is 30... So less violations over a longer career? 

A said, I don't think about Mike Mitchell. Asking me why he's not been suspended would be like me asking you why Carthage lost the Punic Wars. It's not something you think about or care to research enough just to answer my question. 

But I do have to point out that Burfict faced no suspension and only a $25K fine for his ankle twists. So why did Mitchell get hit for almost twice as much? Are we one of the favored teams?

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, Wikipedia also says Mitchell is 30... So less violations over a longer career? 

A said, I don't think about Mike Mitchell. Asking me why he's not been suspended would be like me asking you why Carthage lost the Punic Wars. It's not something you think about or care to research enough just to answer my question. 

But I do have to point out that Burfict faced no suspension and only a $25K fine for his ankle twists. So why did Mitchell get hit for almost twice as much? Are we one of the favored teams?

Mitchell got fined $48k for a helmet to helmet hit as a repeat offender of player safety violations. Mitchell was never fined for the ankle twist, in fact, the Chiefs were flagged for a personal foul after Mitchell twisted West's ankle LOL

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Mitchell got fined $48k for a helmet to helmet hit as a repeat offender of player safety violations. Mitchell was never fined for the ankle twist, in fact, the Chiefs were flagged for a personal foul after Mitchell twisted West's ankle LOL

Again... I don't think about Mike Mitchell. Thanks for educating me on the whole "magic bullet theory" of why the Bengals suck. :)

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Again... I don't think about Mike Mitchell. Thanks for educating me on the whole "magic bullet theory" of why the Bengals suck. :)

Hey I just pointed out some facts that helped both sides of the argument you guys were having (and a couple extra gifs/pics because fuck Mike Mitchell).

I'm not saying that the Bengals can't win a game because Mike Mitchell wasn't suspended or anything remotely close to that. That's not my agenda here.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

Hey I just pointed out some facts that helped both sides of the argument you guys were having (and a couple extra gifs/pics because fuck Mike Mitchell).

I'm not saying that the Bengals can't win a game because Mike Mitchell wasn't suspended or anything remotely close to that. That's not my agenda here.

Didn't think you were, just no one who IS defending the "NFL is rigged" side of the argument wants to actually tell people what the fuck they're talking about. They'd rather accuse you of dodging the question and then declare victory.

It's the equivalent of me going "So why did Hasdrupal the Fair sign the Ebro treaty?"

"I don't know or care."

"Yeah, I knew you'd dodge the question. I am RIGHT!!!!!!"

Archived