Stealers Bengals; Good, Bad, and Ugly

Good

WJIII could be a high quality CB1 as soon as this year. He's looked very good out there.
Joe Mixon would be a top tier RB with a better OL.

Andy was fine when he had time to throw. Don't know how many more games have to go down like this until people realize he isn't the problem. Just like Carson wasn't the problem before, let's just be a bunch of dumb fucks and run another franchise QB out of town.

Bad

We know why Mixon isn't out there on more snaps. He whiffed on a couple of big blocks. I fully understand that the OL (can't remember if that was Fisher on that one or not) missed his assignment but Joe has to pick up the sole Steeler in the backfield on his side.

Dre Kirkpatrick is better than most people want to give him credit for but he had a couple of bad fuck ups yesterday.

Dunlap got some pressure on his side early but other than that, where was our vaunted pass rush? Lawson, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ...where you guys at???

Ugly

Big misses in the secondary by our safeties, Iloka is/was one of my favorite (and most underrated) Bengals but he's been slipping. Williams is meh.

Yay we can't tackle again, how does this happen? For being such a "good" defense, we sure as shit can't tackle very well compared to the other good defensive teams.

LB play, yuck. Burfict didn't show up in the way I thought he would and Vigil got abused in coverage (why is he in coverage so often?).

OL, OL, OL. This team can't expect to win many games with the current OL, it just won't happen. We'll beat teams like the Colts and Browns but can't hang with the big dogs when you're losing in the trenches.

I don't have the energy left to properly rant anymore. This has just gone on too long. That was a classic Marvin loss. We've seen 14 years of such losses. I believe Marvin is now 8-23 against Pittsburgh - a span that includes both Palmer and Dalton (Palmer 5-13 and Dalton 3-10). Marvin is a bad coach. He coaches badly. His refusal to make adjustments is coaching malpractice. Why did the team only get 20 yards after tying the game at 14? Because Pittsburgh made adjustments and we just kept doing the same thing. How is it a thing that Jeremy Hill keeps getting the ceremonial start of each half? He's useless. How does Joe Mixon not get one carry after halftime after getting 7 carries and 48 yards in the first half? How does any of this make any sense? That Marvin still has a job, after so many years of rote incompetence is the biggest fuck you to the fanbase that I think Mike Brown can come up with at this point. 

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

I don't have the energy left to properly rant anymore. This has just gone on too long. That was a classic Marvin loss. We've seen 14 years of such losses. I believe Marvin is now 8-23 against Pittsburgh - a span that includes both Palmer and Dalton. Marvin is a bad coach. He coaches badly. His refusal to make adjustments is coaching malpractice. Why did the team only get 20 yards after tying the game at 14? Because Pittsburgh made adjustments and we just kept doing the same thing. How is it a thing that Jeremy Hill keeps getting the ceremonial start of each half? He's useless. How does Joe Mixon not get one carry after halftime after getting 7 carries and 48 yards in the first half? How does any of this make any sense? That Marvin still has a job, after so many years of rote incompetence is the biggest fuck you to the fanbase that I think Mike Brown can come up with at this point. 

This sums it up for me. Our only hope of winning a game is to race out to a 30-40 point lead in the 1st half and then hang on for dear life the 2nd half. 

Good

1st half

WJ3 is already our best CB imo, and thats not a knock on the others this kid is just special.

Ryan Glasgow

Carlos Dunlap

Defense played about as well as could be expected given the other side of the ball, we kept them out of the endzone in the 2nd half

Mixon creating that big run completely on his own.

Bad

We need more talent in the receiving core, really wish Ross wasnt hurt and able to at least get snaps.

Ugly

The 2nd half Oline. We all knew this team would go where this Oline goes this year. Sadly that isnt good.

Good:

Defense wasn't as bad as some think considering the offense simply sucked 

Bad: 

We simply have no solution to the Oline this year.  Losing Whit and Zeitler without even passable replacements was criminal

Our new O coordinator isn't good and has been figured out.  Vanilla offense.

Dalton is simply an average QB, nothing more.  He is almost useless under duress.

Ugly

Andy Dalton throwing ball away on 4th down. 

The last series of the 2nd quarter for us is all you need to know.   Just horrible play calling and it cost us 3 points. 

2 2:00 4 4 CIN 4 Chris Boswell 22 yard field goal good 14 17 3.030 3.000 69.9
2 1:50     PIT 35 Chris Boswell kicks off 65 yards, touchback 14 17 0.000 -0.610 67.7
2 1:50 1 10 CIN 25 Andy Dalton pass incomplete short left intended for Giovani Bernard 14 17 0.610 0.060 69.7
2 1:47 2 10 CIN 25 Giovani Bernard left guard for -1 yards (tackle by Cameron Heyward and Bud Dupree) 14 17 0.060 -0.760 72.6
2 1:42       Timeout #1 by Pittsburgh Steelers 14 17      
2 1:42 3 11 CIN 24 Andy Dalton right end for 1 yard 14 17 -0.760 -1.700 75.7
2 1:35       Timeout #2 by Pittsburgh Steelers 14 17      
2 1:35 4 10 CIN 25 Kevin Huber punts 52 yards, fair catch by Antonio Brown 14 17 -1.700 -0.480 71.6
2 1:28 1 10 PIT 23 Ben Roethlisberger pass complete short right to Le'Veon Bell for -7 yards (tackle by Carlos Dunlap) 14 17 0.480 -1.150 65.7

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Bad

We know why Mixon isn't out there on more snaps. He whiffed on a couple of big blocks. I fully understand that the OL (can't remember if that was Fisher on that one or not) missed his assignment but Joe has to pick up the sole Steeler in the backfield on his side.

Dre Kirkpatrick is better than most people want to give him credit for but he had a couple of bad fuck ups yesterday.

Dunlap got some pressure on his side early but other than that, where was our vaunted pass rush? Lawson, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ...where you guys at???

Johnson deserves some love.  He was an impact player yesterday.  Stopped a drive singlehandedly.  Also seemed to be the only Bengal that knew how to tackle yesterday.  The lighter workload has agreed with him.  This has been his best year in a while.

The offensive line is the absolute worse that I have seen in organized sports in a long time.

I'd make sure that their direct deposits and game checks are the last ones distributed.

WJII needs to cover the opposing team's number one receiver from this day forward.

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Johnson deserves some love.  He was an impact player yesterday.  Stopped a drive singlehandedly.  Also seemed to be the only Bengal that knew how to tackle yesterday.  The lighter workload has agreed with him.  This has been his best year in a while.

While I agree with most of what you said, I can't let him off the hook entirely. No turnovers created, not much pressure on Ben, Bell had more good runs than he should have. Our DL is supposed to be top tier, so I expect top tier performances from them. I don't think anyone on our line was a true impact player yesterday.

I am throwing the whole game into the bad section.  Nothing Good came from it when we say good they scored td's first half this is what football teams are supposed to do.. 

This game really set us aside in the NFL history books, when it comes to rivalry's with that idiot team.  We are not even a rival. 

I was at a game once and we beat them and the fans are just horrible out of nowhere this fan is just yelling in my direction 6 Championships 6 Championships, Seriously how can we consider ourselves a rival.  Until some major changes happen we just need to realize it is a game on Sunday that if we are lucky we might be competitive.  

GOOD

Andy Dalton's 1st TD throw

WJIII

Michael Johnson

Joe Mixon's "do it yourself" run

Ryan Glasgow

Kevin Huber

Erickson's punt returns

Pat Sims

BAD
Dre Kirkpatrick

Nick Vigil

Tackling

Kevin Minter

RB rotation continues

UGLY

Ben Roethlisberger's Fat Fucking Face

2nd Half Offense

Offensive Line

Marvin Lewis

Paul Alexander

2nd Half "adjustments"

32 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

GOOD

Erickson's punt returns

BAD
Kevin Minter

Can't argue with much of your post in general but just an FYI Erickson only had 1 punt return and Minter played something like 10 snaps before he left the game injured. As far as Minter goes they ruled him out for the rest of the game almost immediately after he was taken off the field so I'm assuming that's not a good sign.

7 hours ago, membengal said:

His refusal to make adjustments is coaching malpractice. Why did the team only get 20 yards after tying the game at 14? Because Pittsburgh made adjustments and we just kept doing the same thing. 

How does Joe Mixon not get one carry after halftime after getting 7 carries and 48 yards in the first half?

How does Mixon not get any carries in the second half if we did the exact same thing in both halves.

The Bengals stunk it up Sunday, but it is funny how so many fans don't even watch what is going on.  Instead they just roll out the same message board myths even when it results in them contradicting themselves.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

LOLWUT.  They were running all over him in the 2nd half.  He's good for about 2 snaps before he needs oxygen.  Dude gets winded getting into his stance FFS.

I think some people are being really generous with their "good" list this week for some reason. I don't remember Glasgow being a force in there either. 

Archived