Burfict Kicking to the HEAD Suspension Coming?

55 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yes, it's cry-bullying.  His whole team is dirty as fuck, has been for decades, never gets punished for it, and they want to keep the focus on Burfict.

And Burfict keeps playing right into their hands. The Stealers just toy with us like we are a kitten and they have a laser pointer. 

49 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Some of our fans are just as soft as our QB. The fuck is going on here? I wouldn't even call this a kick. More less pushing with his feet.

It really doesn't matter what you think. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And Burfict keeps playing right into their hands. The Stealers just toy with us like we are a kitten and they have a laser pointer. 

I didn't see it myself, but apparently the guy had just punched him in the balls.  I can't fault him for reacting to that, he's not Gandhi.

Maybe the solution is for Shitsburgh to have to abide by the same rules as Burfict, instead of expecting him to meekly accept an NFL career as league punching bag?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I didn't see it myself, but apparently the guy had just punched him in the balls.  I can't fault him for reacting to that, he's not Gandhi. 

Well if that is true then I understand but I certainly didn't see that on the film. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well if that is true then I understand but I certainly didn't see that on the film. 

You mean in the clip posted above?  It's edited to where you only see the kick, but if you look closely at the beginning 45 definitely has his hand around Burfict's crotch.  Can't say why for sure, but you can see Burfict is clearly pointing at dude like he had done something to make him react that way.

I mean, you're right in that none of this will matter in Goodell's "Burfict=Thug" narrative, but I would hope that we as Bengals fans wouldn't be so quick to buy into all that.

Watching the extended clip, there is no doubt Nix instigated the kick by jumping on Burfict after Bell was already down.  His job was to fuck with Burfict as much as possible and I would say it worked (based off how poorly he played).  I still think it was dumb that Vontaze took the bait so easily and he is lucky the NFL didn't use this flimsy excuse to drop the hammer.  My initial reaction was that he would be suspended given his history and after Florio and others tried to blow the story out of proportion.  Glad that didn't happen, but the fear will always be there that Burfict does something crazy or stupid and winds up in trouble yet again.

42 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

the fear will always be there that Burfict does something crazy or stupid and winds up in trouble yet again.

Which will no doubt limit his effectiveness as an NFL MLB and defensive enforcer, which I would argue is exactly the intention. 

Archived