Burfict Kicking to the HEAD Suspension Coming?

10 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

I seen it live and I thought surely not but now it is posted elsewhere.  Will this get him a suspension?  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dirty-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-kick-Stealers-player-210003448.html

I saw the same article and it appeared so quickly I wasn't sure they were talking about today's game.

It would have been about the only thing Burfict did today.  Wonder what the Squeelie did to him?

OK.  If anything.

Yes, Burfict will be fined and probably suspended.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I saw the same article and it appeared so quickly I wasn't sure they were talking about today's game.

It would have been about the only thing Burfict did today.  Wonder what the Squeelie did to him?

OK.  If anything.

Yes, Burfict will be fined and probably suspended.

I don't know but he has to keep cool when something happens it is the NFL of today..  I thought I seen one foot during live play but this looks like a double kick to the head, I think the front office/NFL will be knocking with more money or suspension.  He really did not do much today, nor did anyone else for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

Yup they were talking about it on Sunday night countdown. He's probably going to get at least 8 games. 

Should probably suspend the entire defense just to be sure the integrities parity the player safeties.  Appeals will be heard by a committee of Mike Mitchell, Suge Knight and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.  

I have heard it so many times how players hit Burfict late because they know if he retaliates he will get the flag

Chris Speilman is a dude that loves clean play and he says it all the time...players hit Burfict after the whistle on like every play...

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And yet: they had no less than 3 helmet-to-helmet incidents today, and not a hint of a call. 

Real sport. Yeah, that's the ticket.

You beat me to it. They say they want to protect the players, yet the refs stare at a player launching his helmet into another player. This statement is in general, Burdock and Bengals aside. Saw it on Saturday too. A ref staring at a launch and nothing. Then they'll eject a player for incidental contact or even legitimate targeting. My point is that if you are concerned about safety, why is it called so inconsistently? I am not necessarily saying there is an agenda, but there are definitely other factors involved. A helmet spear to the head is a helmet spear to the head. If it's illegal, why is it not always called? Or in college, reviewed?

Devil's advocate here.  There is a difference between trying to make a tackle in the NFL and Vontaze simply kicking a guy in the head when the play is already over.  He knows they are watching him on every play so if he gets suspended its on him.  Doesn't justify some of the non calls but Burfict is a marked man just like he was in college.  If he can't figure it out then I don't know what to say other than enjoy your vacation.  It doesn't help that the rest of the league wants him out. 

29 minutes ago, Hooky said:

You beat me to it. They say they want to protect the players, yet the refs stare at a player launching his helmet into another player. This statement is in general, Burdock and Bengals aside. Saw it on Saturday too. A ref staring at a launch and nothing. Then they'll eject a player for incidental contact or even legitimate targeting. My point is that if you are concerned about safety, why is it called so inconsistently? I am not necessarily saying there is an agenda, but there are definitely other factors involved. A helmet spear to the head is a helmet spear to the head. If it's illegal, why is it not always called? Or in college, reviewed?

One reason it's viewed as inconsistent by some could be attributed to the following things

1. It IS inconsistent. Just like any other penalty in the game, the refs don't have a perfect view of every single helmet of both teams on and off the ball while also watching the other aspects of the game.

2. Some people don't realize that leading with the crown and helmet to helmet contact is actually perfectly legal in the tackle box. I'd bet at least 1 of the 3 helmet to helmet hits that people are complaining about that were "missed" were actually legal plays.

3. Hyper focus on things that happen badly to the Bengals. When a call doesn't go the Stealers way you don't see anyone here complaining about it. I saw a few missed calls that went in our favor yesterday, but I won't complain because thems the breaks. Some shit goes our way some doesn't. There's no conspiracy regardless of the intensity that some folks want to put into claiming there is this grand scheme against us.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

One reason it's viewed as inconsistent by some could be attributed to the following things

1. It IS inconsistent. Just like any other penalty in the game, the refs don't have a perfect view of every single helmet of both teams on and off the ball while also watching the other aspects of the game.

2. Some people don't realize that leading with the crown and helmet to helmet contact is actually perfectly legal in the tackle box. I'd bet at least 1 of the 3 helmet to helmet hits that people are complaining about that were "missed" were actually legal plays.

3. Hyper focus on things that happen badly to the Bengals. When a call doesn't go the Stealers way you don't see anyone here complaining about it. I saw a few missed calls that went in our favor yesterday, but I won't complain because thems the breaks. Some shit goes our way some doesn't. There's no conspiracy regardless of the intensity that some folks want to put into claiming there is this grand scheme against us.

I did say Bengals and Burfict aside. And I know that it isn't black and white, but I was talking about upward launch of the helmet and other hits that seem blatant and are sometimes called. I know refs aren't perfect and miss stuff, but my examples are at the ball, the main focus of the play.

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I did say Bengals and Burfict aside. And I know that it isn't black and white, but I was talking about upward launch of the helmet and other hits that seem blatant and are sometimes called. I know refs aren't perfect and miss stuff, but my examples are at the ball, the main focus of the play.

Right, I only meant part of that as a response to you directly when I quoted you but the other stuff was just going off on a tangent about the rules in general. I know there were a couple that were missed in the CIN/PIT game, and I see them "missed" in almost every game, it extra sucks when it's against the Bengals so I definitely get it. I just know a lot of folks legitimately aren't aware that it's perfectly legal to have helmet to helmet contact depending on where it occurs on the field. Some people think it's illegal no matter what, but it isn't.

I clearly recall Reggie Nelson being flagged multiple times for huge hits to the chest just because the refs assumed it was helmet contact. It's tough to tell on bang-bang plays sometimes, especially if you don't happen to have the perfect angle at that specific second. I give refs a lot more benefit of the doubt than most people on this board though, so I dunno maybe I'm completely wrong and naive. I just think it would be very difficult to not "miss" calls when we have 14 different high definition angles to look at each play at home and can rewind so we can pile on how much the refs suck at their job instead of worrying about how the Stealers fucking destroyed us in the trenches yet again and that our OL needs gutted. It's just frustrating to me. I worry about ref calls more when we aren't getting bitch slapped. You get the same result yesterday even if you go back and flag every single thing that should have been on both sides that didn't get called. I could point out all of the times we got away with something, but what's the point?

Again, tangent, not all directed at you or arguing with you, I just get like this in officiating discussions lol

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Thank goodness we have Burfict locked up long term.

With Mike Brown's luck he'll get suspended for a year so Burfict doesn't get his salary and Hopson can write an article about the 20 reasons we can't spend that money.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

What for calling out a player who kicked a guy in the head like a 6 year old on the playground?

Yes, it's cry-bullying.  His whole team is dirty as fuck, has been for decades, never gets punished for it, and they want to keep the focus on Burfict.

Archived