Marvin Lost All Control of Team?

I apologize that I was honest and pointed out most of you guys lack even a basic understanding of football.  If I offended any of you morons I am truly sorry.

BTW, small breasted women with a 9 figure net worth are hot as hell.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Okay, first of all I do need to lighten up.  It has always bothered me a bit to see fans mock players for getting injured or think it is an insult to mention that a guy plays the piano.  But I never let it upset me enough to start posting about it.

But there is something about mocking a woman over the size of her breasts that crossed the line for me.  I have two daughters and the cruelty of men who attack women over their appearance disgusts me.  If every guy had to wear clothes that showed exactly how big his dick was I think they would be a little more sensitive to the plight of women.  It is just a very childish and mean thing to do. 

As a musician myself, I fail to even see how it's insulting to say a guy plays the piano.

I am the father of two daughters. One of them is special needs. Do we really want to play the "I'm offended by you calling people stupid" game? My mother-in-law just had her toes removed due to complications with diabetes...

"I am not against humorous "spoof" posts if they are funny.  But his was just lame and stupid."

Yikes bro, mocking the disabled and intellectually challenged all in one sentence. Tsk, tsk.

I made a joke about a public personality that she will never see. That honestly is far from the worst thing posted about her on the internet. I'm sure that owning a Billion dollar sports franchise while I'm driving a '95 Saab and buying my jeans at Wal Mart is plenty of revenge for Ms. Blackburn even if I am a male model who's hung like a horse. It's not like I was responding to someone who said she looked like a man or anything.

I mean, you're annoyed by people calling Paul Alexander fat? How come you didn't jump on the guy who said Sean Brewer was a sasquatch? I mean, your time here must be one of simmering rage over fat jokes and injury comments. Heck, just the "Fat Randy" jokes have got to be eating you up inside. Should I stop referring to Andre Smith as "moobs"? Is it OK to criticize the conditioning of professional athletes? 

So Fred, I get it, my sense of humor is not for you. I'm very sorry for not checking in with you on what is and isn't 
acceptable to joke about on the board. Let the "NFL is rigged" threads and "Andy Dalton sucks" threads continue to rule the roost around here I guess.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

BTW, small breasted women with a 9 figure net worth are hot as hell.

AND control of my favorite sports franchise? She could look like Sean Brewer and I'd still be all over her... I mean, if Ivanka Trump and Katie Blackburn were both at the same bar, I'm buying Katie a drink. Hell, that was my point. To go a step further, she's wicked smart and accomplished... And that is sexy as hell. Furthermore, as a former college hockey player, she's probably tougher than most of the guys on this board.

31 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Do we really want to play the "I'm offended by you calling people stupid" game?

No.  I am fine with calling people stupid when we are discussing their level of football knowledge.  What I have problems with is people attacking people over their appearance or something like that which has nothing to do with football.

31 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I mean, your time here must be one of simmering rage over fat jokes and injury comments.

No simmering rage.  Just a feeling of disappointment.  It is like watching a kid who never looks up from his phone to experience the real world.  That does not make me angry.   I just feel sad for the way that behavior is accepted.  I feel sad that so many men think it is fine to talk about "grabbing women by the pussy".  I feel sad that so many of you think it is funny to make fun of a woman because she is flat chested.

I have a young daughter myself and I've made plenty of terrible jokes regarding women in my life. Not saying that's "right", but ya know, different strokes/humor for different folks.

Now, I'm not going to be like "Fred your daughter is a *insert derogatory word of your choice here*!!!!!" but I may make a joke that someone deems to be "sexist" at times or make a joke about a millionaire/billionaire sports figure. I think if someone was posting things mocking Fred's daughter's breasts, then that would be clearly across the line. Katie? Eh, color me very un-offended by that.

We would stop making jokes about Katie if she could start winning some championships.  Sorry if I don't have soft spot for the lucky egg sperm combination that is Katie Blackburn. 

The same goes for Mike Brown.  He didn't build shit, it was handed to him.  He has done the bare miniumum necessary to keep the NFL pringting press rolling and had the taxpayers build him a stadium with a lease agreement that would make Al Capone blush.   Sorry, I don't really have that much respect for either person since I don't actually think they care much about me, the average Bengals fan.

My kid just got home from school...

"Hey sweetie... Could you read this for me?"

"Umm, OK."

"Did you think that was funny?"

"Not really, I don't know who those people are."

"Well, someone thought it was really offensive. Were you offended? What do you think offended them?"

"I wasn't offended, but you're not supposed to call people "tranny". They prefer "trans". Is that it?"

"Nope, try again...."

"I don't know who "AJ" is but maybe you shouldn't have said he was black?"

"Nope. Try again...."

"I don't know. I have homework to do."

"Thanks for your time kiddo. Go get your homework done."

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

I feel sad that so many men think it is fine to talk about "grabbing women by the pussy".

I'm sorry but who is now building the strawman argument?

Joking about a woman being flat chested is the same as bragging about sexual assault? Bloody hell, now I'm offended.

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Okay, first of all I do need to lighten up.  It has always bothered me a bit to see fans mock players for getting injured or think it is an insult to mention that a guy plays the piano.  But I never let it upset me enough to start posting about it.

But there is something about mocking a woman over the size of her breasts that crossed the line for me.  I have two daughters and the cruelty of men who attack women over their appearance disgusts me.  If every guy had to wear clothes that showed exactly how big his dick was I think they would be a little more sensitive to the plight of women.  It is just a very childish and mean thing to do. 

Then go somewhere else Pollyanna... nothing keeping you here but yourself.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I mean, you're annoyed by people calling Paul Alexander fat? How come you didn't jump on the guy who said Sean Brewer was a sasquatch? I mean, your time here must be one of simmering rage over fat jokes and injury comments. Heck, just the "Fat Randy" jokes have got to be eating you up inside. Should I stop referring to Andre Smith as "moobs"? Is it OK to criticize the conditioning of professional athletes? 

Oh sure dude.... throw me under the bus whydontcha?

LMAO!

Haven't you guys figured out that Fred and El Tigger only wish to allow passive-aggressive attacks on this board?  It must be great to be self-righteous and claim you win the argument because someone else called someone a name or some other such nonsense, even after you've acted like a horses ass by making a bunch of clever comments that you can back away from quickly and say that is not what you meant. 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Haven't you guys figured out that Fred and El Tigger only wish to allow passive-aggressive attacks on this board?  It must be great to be self-righteous and claim you win the argument because someone else called someone a name or some other such nonsense, even after you've acted like a horses ass by making a bunch of clever comments that you can back away from quickly and say that is not what you meant. 

Actually, Fred's MO is to comment about something you never said in a post.  Example, claiming I thought getting rid of Marvin would guarantee playoff success and then telling you why you are wrong.

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Still getting used to the new crowd after coming over from another forum. Trying to make the best of it since our old crew migrated en masse. Frankly, I'm finding that Reddit generates more actual football conversation, and the guys I would hope to see from the old board don't post here anyway.

55 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

My kid just got home from school...

"Hey sweetie... Could you read this for me?"

"Umm, OK."

"Did you think that was funny?"

"Not really, I don't know who those people are."

"Well, someone thought it was really offensive. Were you offended? What do you think offended them?"

"I wasn't offended, but you're not supposed to call people "tranny". They prefer "trans". Is that it?"

"Nope, try again...."

"I don't know who "AJ" is but maybe you shouldn't have said he was black?"

"Nope. Try again...."

"I don't know. I have homework to do."

"Thanks for your time kiddo. Go get your homework done."

"Okay, honey, if you don't understand why it is funny then I need to explain it to you.  See that lady has small tits and it is very funny to make fun of women who have small tits.  Get it now."

"I already told you it wasn't funny."

45 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm sorry but who is now building the strawman argument?

Joking about a woman being flat chested is the same as bragging about sexual assault? Bloody hell, now I'm offended.

Both comments are very disrespectful of women and they are both defended by claiming they are acceptable "locker room talk".

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

"Okay, honey, if you don't understand why it is funny then I need to explain it to you.  See that lady has small tits and it is very funny to make fun of women who have small tits.  Get it now."

"I already told you it wasn't funny."

Hey Mr. "women who were raped are equivalent to having an off-color joke told about them", get your words out of my kid's mouth. Don't cross that line.

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Actually, Fred's MO is to comment about something you never said in a post.  Example, claiming I thought getting rid of Marvin would guarantee playoff success and then telling you why you are wrong.

"Marvin has to be fired.  And to prove my point here are four examples of teams that fired their coach and won playoff games."

Denying that you said that?  I post the exact quote if you want.

All of this "I never said that" bullshit is getting old.

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

"Marvin has to be fired.  And to prove my point here are four examples of teams that fired their coach and won playoff games."

Denying that you said that?  I post the exact quote if you want.

All of this "I never said that" bullshit is getting old.

Yeah I'd have to say SF was most likely just pointing out that it's entirely possible for a team to progress with a coaching change opposed to the popular belief from some folks that it's all but a guarantee to lead to regression. 

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Hey Mr. "women who were raped are equivalent to having an off-color joke told about them", get your words out of my kid's mouth. Don't cross that line.

I never put words in your childs mouth.  You were the one quoting her as saying it was not funny.  I just repeated what you said.

Also I never said rape was the equivalent of a comment.  I said both comments were offensive to women.  Do you deny that?  Is that the way you talk around your daughters?  Do you tell them it is acceptable to make fun of women for being flat chested?  If you are so proud of your comments why don't you call in to a sports talk radio show, give them your name, and then make fun of Katie for being flat chested?

People like to call me a troll or an ass hole, but everything I say here I would repeat in public.

14 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Also I never said rape was the equivalent of a comment.  I said both comments were offensive to women.

No, you literally said the two were equivalent in your post above. Not only did you passive-agressively compare me with a rapist, you implied that rape was equivalent to telling a joke in poor taste.

Also, who the hell are you to speak for all women? I'm sure that post would be offensive to Katie Blackburn, but the line about an ironing board I borrowed from my wife in the first place. So shove it sideways.

34 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

No, you literally said the two were equivalent in your post above. Not only did you passive-agressively compare me with a rapist, you implied that rape was equivalent to telling a joke in poor taste.

Also, who the hell are you to speak for all women? I'm sure that post would be offensive to Katie Blackburn, but the line about an ironing board I borrowed from my wife in the first place. So shove it sideways.

Hey, Hey Gentlemen.  

Archived