Bengals win next 5 games?

Colts.. suck

Jags.. they might just kill Andy..their D is legit and they get to the QB a lot

Titans.. suck, but its their

Broncos.. again might kill Andy

Browns.. suck

yes they could win them all, but I could also see them losing some of them..

This o-line makes any game a struggle.

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Colts.. suck

Jags.. they might just kill Andy..their D is legit and they get to the QB a lot

Titans.. suck, but its their

Broncos.. again might kill Andy

Browns.. suck

yes they could win them all, but I could also see them losing some of them..

This o-line makes any game a struggle.

Lol @ especially the Mule myth. The LA Soccer Stadium Chargers shut them out Sunday--they were never close to being in the game. 

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol @ especially the Mule myth. The LA Soccer Stadium Chargers shut them out Sunday--they were never close to being in the game. 

what's really finny? what are you saying? the Broncos defense wont have a chance to get to Andy with our amazing offensive line?

Have you watched any of the Bengals games this year?

Jesus fucking christ dude....it's ok to criticize the team you like once in a while. 

hey.. I hope I am wrong..

10 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

what's really finny? what are you saying? the Broncos defense wont have a chance to get to Andy with our amazing offensive line?

Jesus fucking christ dude....it's ok to criticize the team you like once in a while. 

The bold is the important part here. Some people speak in riddles and can't just talk football on a football message board. I've never seen so much hyperbole and historical reference in my life. Some people won't just put their opinions out there in black and white, always have to be some weird, veiled non-sense going on.

I completely agree with your original post. The Broncos have a strength that goes up against our weakness, it's an obvious exploit that we could easily see torture our offense all day long, especially IN Denver. However, if our defense keeps up playing well then we could have a good ballgame. The Jags are also a very underrated team, people hear Jaguars and assume it's the same old bottom feeders from the shitty AFCS. They have an excellent defense and some good weapons on O. Fournette is the real deal and if Bortles minimizes mistakes, we could be in for a long day. Again, another away game against a good team, always scary.

I see no issue with predicting 3-2, that's actually the most reasonable outcome if you look as an objective observer. Hell, we might even lose one of the "easy" games and win one of the tough ones. 3-2 is very realistic.

We've always had problems in Jax, even when favored and obviously the better team, so this was a ? for me before the season started and the Jags were supposed to continue to suck. With that said, if I had to bet, I would take the jags, but wouldn't be surprised either way. 

Broncos have looked shitty since they destroyed the cowboys, but as with the jags, we never have any luck at Denver.

So, I will say 3-2, but 4-1 or 5-0 are not beyond the realm.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

We've always had problems in Jax, even when favored and obviously the better team, so this was a ? for me before the season started and the Jags were supposed to continue to suck. With that said, if I had to bet, I would take the jags, but wouldn't be surprised either way. 

Broncos have looked shitty since they destroyed the cowboys, but as with the jags, we never have any luck at Denver.

NO! we will go 0-5 and if they do better than that! Great. They have to earn each week - i will give them no credit and no respect until they earn it. Right now they look like a 2-14 team.

11 minutes ago, Hooky said:

We've played @DEN twice since Andy was drafted and lost both games by a total of 5 points. One was the OT game with AJM starting too. I don't think that's tooooo bad, but obviously both rosters have changed quite a bit since our last meeting with Andy starting. I think there's a good chance that it's up to both team's defense to put their team in position to score because the O's could easily struggle between the 20's.

I'm not sure why you're too concerned with our history with JAX though. We've beaten them twice @JAX in the Dalton era and once at home. We're 3-0 against them since Andy has been drafted and a couple of them were blowouts.

5 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

We've played @DEN twice since Andy was drafted and lost both games by a total of 5 points. One was the OT game with AJM starting too. I don't think that's tooooo bad, but obviously both rosters have changed quite a bit since our last meeting with Andy starting. I think there's a good chance that it's up to both team's defense to put their team in position to score because the O's could easily struggle between the 20's.

I'm not sure why you're too concerned with our history with JAX though. We've beaten them twice @JAX in the Dalton era and once at home. We're 3-0 against them since Andy has been drafted and a couple of them were blowouts.

I guess I was flashing back to older games at Jacksonville. But Denver is always a tough road game and regardless of the last couple of games being close, we still can't seem to win there. But I'm not saying that we don't have a chance based on that. I often scoff at the talking heads making predictions matter of factly based on previous season stats. But road games can be a factor, especially at Denver. It's a tough trip for most teams. But a winless team destroyed them there in prime time, so this may be the year. 

25 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I am not concerned about history.. I am concerned about the team they have this year.

They lead the NFL in sacks. They destroyed the our big brother bully..I know it's a game to game thing, but still.

If they had a good QB they would be a really really good team.

I am not saying they Bengals have no chance or anything like that at all, I am just saying they aren't the Jags of old.

7 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Hey, easy there Boss--of course they have a great defense...they got to Phillip 3 times Sunday. But he also had 2 TD passes--one 42 yards--with his also underachieving offensive line, so speaking in absolute terms like Andy is just going to die because they are facing the Great and Powerful Mules, is not such an absolute.  

46 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Hey, easy there Boss--of course they have a great defense...they got to Phillip 3 times Sunday. But he also had 2 TD passes--one 42 yards--with his also underachieving offensive line, so speaking in absolute terms like Andy is just going to die because they are facing the Great and Powerful Mules, is not such an absolute.  

that's why my original post about it said MIGHT... it didn't say anything about something being absolute...

Read

I am one of the biggest homers here and even I don't see us winning 5 straight.

The Stealers didn't just beat us.  They dominated us. Unless the Stealers are the best team in the league we are going to struggle to win most of our remaining games.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Pretty much the same for me..  I think 8-8 would be an accomplishment. 

When you start 2-4 with a couple of glaring weaknesses, I think 8-8 would be an accomplishment even if we played the Browns and Colts every other week for the rest of the year. Definitely going to be tough when we have to play a handful of real teams before the end of the year.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

When you start 2-4 with a couple of glaring weaknesses, I think 8-8 would be an accomplishment even if we played the Browns and Colts every other week for the rest of the year. Definitely going to be tough when we have to play a handful of real teams before the end of the year.

Honestly though , just from recent recollection, they seem to play really well against "real teams" with the exception of the Stealers. I honestly think it's all mental against them.

Archived