Bengals win next 5 games?

2 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Honestly though , just from recent recollection, they seem to play really well against "real teams" with the exception of the Stealers. I honestly think it's all mental against them.

Seriously what I'll never understand is how our D line just seams to dissapear and all of the sudden they have 5 oline-man who are ALLPRO 450LB bad asses. I just don't get it.

I'd seriously prefer us to put 8 in the box and stuff the run, and just take out chances on AB84 being single covered by one of our corners.

4 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Seriously what I'll never understand is how our D line just seams to dissapear and all of the sudden they have 5 oline-man who are ALLPRO 450LB bad asses. I just don't get it.

I'd seriously prefer us to put 8 in the box and stuff the run, and just take out chances on AB84 being single covered by one of our corners.

Definitely things that make you go hmmmm. Almost like they are back to being intimidated by them.

10 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Honestly though , just from recent recollection, they seem to play really well against "real teams" with the exception of the Stealers. I honestly think it's all mental against them.

Do we? I mean I'd agree with that in like 2015 maybe, but not now.

Last year the only teams we beat were NYJ, Miami, Cleveland x2, Baltimore once, and a 7-9 last place Eagles team.

This year we've beaten a winless Cleveland team and the Bills.

So we've beaten 1-2 teams that resemble OK squads in the past 20+ tries. I dunno, I don't like our chances against any good team this year.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

Do we? I mean I'd agree with that in like 2015 maybe, but not now.

Last year the only teams we beat were NYJ, Miami, Cleveland x2, Baltimore once, and a 7-9 last place Eagles team.

This year we've beaten a winless Cleveland team and the Bills.

So we've beaten 1-2 teams that resemble OK squads in the past 20+ tries. I dunno, I don't like our chances against any good team this year.

Idk either really. Green Bay I think was decent and really had them beat handily at one point of the game. I'm not necessarily saying I like our chances either though, but they seem to have the capability.

9 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I think judging by almost all of our past 10-15 losses ( minus Stealers and ravens 2017) have been by 3-7pts, I think we're extremely capable of beating any team in the NFL, just need our offense to click and defense to play as it always does.

I'm not so sure about that either.

Broncos and Pats beat us by 2+ scores. Cowboys game was an absolute 1 sided blowout loss until we scored some garbage time points to make the final look slightly closer. The first Stealers game last year was a 2-3 score game until we scored in garbage time. We did lose some close ones to shitty teams (and PIT once, BAL once), but we got crushed by almost every single good team we played last year.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

I'm not so sure about that either.

Broncos and Pats beat us by 2+ scores. Cowboys game was an absolute 1 sided blowout loss until we scored some garbage time points to make the final look slightly closer. The first Stealers game last year was a 2-3 score game until we scored in garbage time. We did lose some close ones to shitty teams (and PIT once, BAL once), but we got crushed by almost every single good team we played last year.

Broncos game was much closer than the final score....

But i agree, but it does give me some sort of hope we could finish 9-7 or 10-6 because i just don't see many good teams on our schedule left.

14 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I think judging by almost all of our past 10-15 losses ( minus Stealers and ravens 2017) have been by 3-7pts, I think we're extremely capable of beating any team in the NFL, just need our offense to click and defense to play as it always does.

Have the leaders on this team, Marv, Andy, Pacman and Burfict ever come through in the clutch?  The answer is mostly no....particularly on the Marv/Andy side.

Yeah, yeah....I know Burfict had that interception against Pittsburgh, but he choked later with the dumb hit.

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Have the leaders on this team, Marv, Andy, Pacman and Burfict ever come through in the clutch?  The answer is mostly no....particularly on the Marv/Andy side.

Yeah, yeah....I know Burfict had that interception against Pittsburgh, but he choked later with the dumb hit.

Andy has clutched a few, but i understand where you're coming from.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

In the 2015 playoff game Adam Jones was thrown at 9 times and gave up a 0-0-0 statline to receivers in his coverage. Also added on a 24 yard punt return and some nice tackles in run defense.

Jones has played some really good games for us in big time situations. Andy has a couple but none in the playoffs and not many in primetime games.

Our defense has the ability to shut down almost any team in the league.  They just have to cut down on the number of big plays they give up on mental lapses or poor tackling.  Tackling is much better than last year, but we have still given up too many big plays on broken tackles. 

But our offense will only function against a team with a weak pass defense.  Our run game is non-existent.  We can't even run consistently against average to weak run defenses.

And even though I support Dalton even I admit that one of his big weaknesses is his inconsistency.  When he is good he is very good, and he is not bad as often as some people claim.  But when he is bad he can be horrid.

Conclusion.  If our defense plays with zero margin of error and Bad Andy doesn't show up we could win a few games.  Since there are so few good teams in the AFC this year it is possible we could even sneak into the playoffs.  But that is "best case scenario" not "reasonable expectation".

I see 3 more games on the schedule that I would pick us to win (Colts, Bears, Browns).  5-11 is a real possibility.  But we should also beat the Ravens and Lions.  So I am predicting between 5 and 7 wins.

....Jaguars (4-3) have the #2 scoring defense and #9 scoring offense.  They beat the Ravens 44-7 and the Ravens 30-9. 

....Titans (4-3) have talent, but they are underachieving.  They have beaten the Jags and Seahawks, but the Browns just took them into overtime.   This might be a chance to steal a victory, but I would not bet on it.

....Broncos (3-3) have the number one defense in the league.  I have no idea what just happened to them against the Chargers, but they are not that bad.  No way I am predicting we will beat them in Denver.

....Vikings (4-3) have the #4 defense and #12 offense and will play us at home.

Archived