Burfict will NOT be suspended

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-vontaze-burfict-wont-be-suspended-for-kick/

Report: Vontaze Burfict won't be suspended for kick

Vontaze Burfict has such a long rap sheet in the NFL that one would assume that when the Cincinnati Bengals player kicked Pittsburgh Stealers fullback Roosevelt Nix, he would be suspended for it under the premise that he is a repeat offender and that kicking is something any player should avoid.

But nope, that is not the case. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Burfict will not be suspended for kicking Nix. He will be subject to the standard discipline process, which means a fine will be possible, but according to Dom Cosentino of Deadspin, that fine would be minimal.

Marvin Lewis, head coach of the Bengals, defended Burfict to Derek Forrest of WLWT, saying "The player pushes Vontaze Burfict after the play. There is no reason for me to waste any more time on it." 

Clearly, Lewis is defending Burfict because he is his own player and not because Burfict deserves to be defended. Frankly, he doesn't. He refused to shake the Stealers' captains hands before kickoff. He said before the game that "they ain't gonna like me today," and the kick wasn't even the only dirty play he was involved in. He also shoved Xavier Grimble unnecessarily. 

Burfict is a safety hazard to other players. He cannot control his temper, and if the NFL continues to allow him to act this way, he is going to hurt someone very badly and it will be their fault. Shame on the league for refusing to nip this in the bud when they had the chance. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The editorializing but the bitch ass writer is sickening.

No shit.  "Hangin's too good for 'im!"

Even more sickening is the concentrated media-wide smear job on Burfict when the league is full of some true garbage human beings to choose from.  I swear half of the Cowboys roster is under investigation for domestic violence but let's concentrate on Burfict so the NFL doesn't lose money in a lawsuit.  It's hard not to think there's an agenda in place.  

Did anybody see the Alonso hit on Flacco? The rats want Alonso strung up by his balls. I can see why he was penalized based on the wussification of QBs, but Flacco slid late. It was reminiscent of the Geathers hit on Trent Green in KC years ago. In both cases, the teams expected the defenders to halt all momentum because the QB started to slide. If that was Suggs on the hit, the ratbirds would be arguing the same thing.

5 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Burfict is being fined $12k for the kick from last week's game. 

Mike Mitchell has been fined more $$$ for lesser offenses in the past, why does the NFL favor Burfict and hate the Stealers so much?

:ninja: (kinda) 

Weren't you just complaining about all the "NFL bias" posts?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Weren't you just complaining about all the "NFL bias" posts?

I think I complained about how every lengthy thread finds a way to turn into whether Goodell is a reptilian or not, but I think if there's any thread where it IS appropriate, it's probably one about Burfict's suspension (or lack thereof), no?

32 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think I complained about how every lengthy thread finds a way to turn into whether Goodell is a reptilian or not, but I think if there's any thread where it IS appropriate, it's probably one about Burfict's suspension (or lack thereof), no?

Sure, if all you'd posted was:

However this part:

Mike Mitchell has been fined more $$$ for lesser offenses in the past, why does the NFL favor Burfict and hate the Stealers so much?

Is clearly trolling for an argument.  

9 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

:ninja: (kinda) 

What about money lost for suspended games?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Sure, if all you'd posted was:

However this part:

Is clearly trolling for an argument.  

More like pointing out a flaw in a common argument used on this board by some people. But yeah, anything that goes against your conspiracy theories is "trolling" now.

lol sure thing man

You literally posted in this thread whining about Burfict being targeted or whatever, yet when I respond in the same thread to similar arguments it's "trolling". Right on. Yep. Makes sense.

Archived