Who will be the Bengals head coach in 2018?

Head Coach 2018  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Bengals head coach in 2018?

• Marvin Lewis
    • Paul Guenther
    • Darrin Simmons
    • Other internal coach (who?)
    • Hue Jackson
    • Other external coach (who?)

I'll offer another major change. Red Rifle to Redskins for top draft pick. Washington won't keep Kirk Cousins. They won't agree on his value.  But Little Gruden would gladly reunite with Andy.

New HC will have AJMc and draft choice to choose from. Hopefully, not a 1st rounder. 

10 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Does anyone think Hue Jackson would be a good head coach for this team? The guy has a career record of 9–30 (.231). No thanks. I will believe Marvin Lewis will no longer be the HC when I see it. Until then it will remain Groundhog Day.

You can't really count what he did in Cleveland.  The Clowns would have a hard time beating a good high school team.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

You can't really count what he did in Cleveland.  The Clowns would have a hard time beating a good high school team.

42 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Was about to say the same thing.

Inheriting that mess doesn’t make for a fair metric.

First year maybe, but the guy had 35 picks in the draft and the team has gotten worse instead of better.

No coach would turn the Browns into a winner right away, but a really good head coach would show lots of improvement from year one to year two.  Hue has done nothing.

If the Browns fire him I have no problem with him coming back to be our OC, but he has shown nothing as a head coach.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

All part of the plan to go there and fail intentionally but at the same time receiving a nice paycheck while waiting in the wings to come back.:1hump: I could take a chance with Hue!

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

First year maybe, but the guy had 35 picks in the draft and the team has gotten worse instead of better.

No coach would turn the Browns into a winner right away, but a really good head coach would show lots of improvement from year one to year two.  Hue has done nothing.

If the Browns fire him I have no problem with him coming back to be our OC, but he has shown nothing as a head coach.

Do you have any thoughts on my Matt lafleur suggestion?

13 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'll offer another major change. Red Rifle to Redskins for top draft pick. Washington won't keep Kirk Cousins. They won't agree on his value.  But Little Gruden would gladly reunite with Andy.

New HC will have AJMc and draft choice to choose from. Hopefully, not a 1st rounder. 

Cousins will go to San Francisco and hook back up with Kyle Shanahan

For those who think Marvin is still going to be here "aka groundhog day", I would suggest looking at the fact that Mike Brown who doesn't like having a coach with "lame duck" status currently has Marvin in the last year of his contract and no talks of resigning (not even rumors) right now.

I truly believe that the only way Marvin is here next year is if we by some miracle manage to make it into the playoffs and actually win a game. I think his leash has gotten shorter over the last few years with the 1-year extensions, but the leash at this point is gone. Get in and win, or no new contract.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

For those who think Marvin is still going to be here "aka groundhog day", I would suggest looking at the fact that Mike Brown who doesn't like having a coach with "lame duck" status currently has Marvin in the last year of his contract and no talks of resigning (not even rumors) right now.

This.

Marvin might have a chance if we somehow make it back to the playoffs, but I don't see that happening.  And even then we would have to play much better than we have before in a playoff game for him to come back.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Meh, and the last time this happened was in 2011 coming off a horrible year in which our franchise QB quit on us. Turns out the contract hold-up was Marvin demanding more autonomy...

So take that with a grain of salt.

8 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Meh, and the last time this happened was in 2011 coming off a horrible year in which our franchise QB quit on us. Turns out the contract hold-up was Marvin demanding more autonomy...

So take that with a grain of salt.

Not the same.  Marvin was offered an extension before the 2010 season and turned it down.  This time there was no offer at all.

Hard to believe Marvin comes back on another 1 year deal.  I know crazier things have happened, but back to back poor seasons will probably doom him.  It feels like he might sense it too.  Firing Zampese was out of character for this franchise, although definitely the right move.  A strong finish could change things, although it seems unlikely to happen.  Lots of winnable games, but road games in MIN, DEN, and JAX will be tough and we still face PIT again.

I honestly don't know who might replace Marvin.  We do know Mike Brown won't overpay for a big name and this team could probably use a coach with a background on offense.  

Archived