Who will be the Bengals head coach in 2018?

Head Coach 2018  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Bengals head coach in 2018?

• Marvin Lewis
    • Paul Guenther
    • Darrin Simmons
    • Other internal coach (who?)
    • Hue Jackson
    • Other external coach (who?)

59 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Imo this is a bad example. Coughlin basically declined the offer bc of changes he wanted and Mike Brown wasn't on board for those.

I wonder how much has changed in that regard?  Wouldn't you love to know what those changes were...

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, I don't think much change has happened. He's still micromanaging judge of talent and he sucks at it 

Assuming Marvin really is leaving, the hiring process for the new HC should be revealing.  If none of the big name guys seem interested we'll have a pretty good idea why not.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I wonder how much has changed in that regard?  Wouldn't you love to know what those changes were...

12 scouts. That's what was mentioned at the time.

Also Coughlin has been known to be an excessive micro-manager. He probably didn't like having Mike Brown do the drafting and picking the game day roster.

Also, Tom Coughlin was one of the NFL's highest paid coaches bringing in $7M a season in New York. He probably wanted too much money.

Mike Mularkey was third choice.

31 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

12 scouts. That's what was mentioned at the time.

Also Coughlin has been known to be an excessive micro-manager. He probably didn't like having Mike Brown do the drafting and picking the game day roster.

I doubt anyone but Mike Brown likes or would like that.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:17 PM, UncleEarl said:

The guy that gave up the house for Carson Palmer, passed on Carson Wentz and passed twice on Deshaun Watson.  Please, no. 

Hue doesn't have much saying who gets drafted, it the GM that is making those decisions by using analytics.

As for potential replacements I like McCoy, McDaniels, Hue(if he's available), Zimmer (if he's available), Mike Shula(he can restore honor to the family name), Mike Munchak( oline coach that has HC experience, the division, and can bring some discipline to this band of miscreants), Mike Vrabel(Ohio guy with SB winning pedigree, Kris Richard (Seattle's DC and former secondary coach).

Here's a good article about up and coming HC candidates....http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000838514/article/nfl-head-coaches-in-waiting-hot-coordinators-in-2017

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Hue doesn't have much saying who gets drafted, it the GM that is making those decisions by using analytics.

Really?  Then why is the internet full of articles talking to Hue Jackson about what QB the Browns were going to draft.  Jackson is supposed to be the great offensive mind and he has little influence?  No way.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/2016-nfl-draft-browns-coach-hue-jackson-says-3rd-round-pick-cody-kessler-everything-he-wants-in-qb

https://www.ohio.com/akron/writers/browns-coach-hue-jackson-discusses-draft-debate-about-quarterback-or-defense-at-no-1-overall-doesn-t-rule-out-trading-top-pick

Jackson was big time involved in these decisions, and we know he was behind the Palmer trade.  All three were horrendous moves.  The guy is a fine OC, but has shown nothing as a HC. 

Archived