Colts Preview Comments

DNFVu0oXcAArY6n.jpg

Three defensive backs full participation: Dennard, Adam Jones and Derron Smith.  It will be good to have Jones and Dennard back.

John Ross full participation?  Any chance we see much of him?  That would be nice.

Also ... see how Margus Hunt does against our woeful O line.  Margus is #92.

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

When did Cody Core get a concussion?  Landing out of bounds? 

I think Burfict smacked him up side the head in the locker room and told him to quit acting a fool and catch the damn ball.

Burfict was immediately fined, suspended and a 15 yard penalty will be assessed on our opening kick off.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think Burfict smacked him up side the head in the locker room and told him to quit acting a fool and catch the damn ball.

Burfict was immediately fined, suspended and a 15 yard penalty will be assessed on our opening kick off.

You're on a roll.

I will be very disappointed if this game is closer than 3 TDs.

Would anybody think that I'm crazy to consider starting Andy over Brady against LAC?  I think it's a good move except the chance that my playing him could doom him and the bengals forever.

10 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Would anybody think that I'm crazy to consider starting Andy over Brady against LAC?  I think it's a good move except the chance that my playing him could doom him and the bengals forever.

yes... although this is a good match up for Andy

but.....this is going to be Mixon's coming out.... 3 td's 

20 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Bengals blowout wins since the beginning of 2016:

Andy 4 passing TDs, no RB TDs via rushing

Andy 1 passing TD, Burkhead 2 rush TDs, FGs otherwise

Andy 2 passing TDs, FGs

Andy 2 passing TDs, Hill 1 rush TD, FGs

Andy 2 passing TDs, Hill 1 rush TD, Gio 1 rush TD, FGs

Andy 1 passing TD, 5 FGs

Those are the outcomes of our 2016-2017 blowout wins, so take it FWIW (assuming we all believe this game is going to go that route). If we go up by a couple of scores look for Andy to shut it down for the most part, that's been the theme of the post-2015 offense other than the 1 game. Belichick/Brady don't really turn it off whether it's a blowout win, blowout loss, or a close game.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

John Ross full participation?  Any chance we see much of him?

He needs to learn about the game by watching from the sidelines. After a series or two of watching Brandon LaFell do nothing, Ross will be fully prepared to do nothing at a very high level for years to come.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

He needs to learn about the game by watching from the sidelines. After a series or two of watching Brandon LaFell do nothing, Ross will be fully prepared to do nothing at a very high level for years to come.

Ross is just getting the "rookies that fumble" treatment from Marv. 

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Bengals blowout wins since the beginning of 2016:

Andy 4 passing TDs, no RB TDs via rushing

Andy 1 passing TD, Burkhead 2 rush TDs, FGs otherwise

Andy 2 passing TDs, FGs

Andy 2 passing TDs, Hill 1 rush TD, FGs

Andy 2 passing TDs, Hill 1 rush TD, Gio 1 rush TD, FGs

Andy 1 passing TD, 5 FGs

Those are the outcomes of our 2016-2017 blowout wins, so take it FWIW (assuming we all believe this game is going to go that route). If we go up by a couple of scores look for Andy to shut it down for the most part, that's been the theme of the post-2015 offense other than the 1 game. Belichick/Brady don't really turn it off whether it's a blowout win, blowout loss, or a close game.

Good points. Thanks. Should probably always play Brady. Too bad their bye is next week instead of this week.

47 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This is the game to get Ross involved too, against a team we should beat.

Hope so. We shouldn't take any team likely, but seeing how our D stacks up against their O, we should have wiggle room to experiment on offense. See what the kid has.

Sounds like the Marvin rookie hazing of Ross may be winding down. But quotes like this from Lewis still piss me off:

“That what I forget about,” said Lewis of the man they picked ninth in the draft. “I just see him as another guy. In everybody else’s mind, John’s status is larger than it is in mine. You have to earn status.”

Let me predict this now - so if I am wrong you can beat me later - Colts 45 Bengals 0 They have to earn it!

Ross should play - most likely will be limited

Malone should play - won't see a catch

The offense turns the ball over - lets just say 5 times

and our running back trio of 2.7 will average 1.7

the chant in the Nati will be "Fire Marvin" and brown will sign him in secret

anything else - yeah but i will save it for the Jags game that i paid tickets too and now am questioning my ability to actually watch in person! LOL

That being said - my inner Bengal is saying - Who-Dey and praying that my sarcastic self is gone by Sunday.

9 hours ago, membengal said:

Sounds like the Marvin rookie hazing of Ross may be winding down. But quotes like this from Lewis still piss me off:

that's clown shit...  you don't draft a dude in the top ten and fucking bench him for the year because he fumbled on his first play...

And i hope a person we drafted in the top ten isn't just another guy!!!! fucking ole marv is the worst 

Archived