Bengals 2017 win total

Our defense has the ability to shut down almost any team in the league.  They just have to cut down on the number of big plays they give up on mental lapses or poor tackling.  Tackling is much better than last year, but we have still given up too many big plays on broken tackles. 

But our offense will only function against a team with a weak pass defense.  Our run game is non-existent.  We can't even run consistently against average to weak run defenses.

And even though I support Dalton I admit that one of his big weaknesses is inconsistency.  When he is good he is very good, and he is not bad as often as some people claim.  But when he is bad he can be horrid.

Conclusion.  If our defense plays with zero margin of error and Bad Andy doesn't show up we could win a few games.  Since there are so few good teams in the AFC this year it is possible we could even sneak into the playoffs.  But that is "best case scenario" not "reasonable expectation".

I see 3 more games on the schedule that I would pick us to win (Colts, Bears, Browns).  5-11 is a real possibility.  But we should also beat the Ravens and Lions.  So I am predicting between 5 and 7 wins.

....Colts.  They suck.  We win.

....@Jaguars (4-3) have the #2 scoring defense and #9 scoring offense.  They beat the Ravens 44-7 and the Ravens 30-9. 

....@Titans (4-3) have talent, but they are underachieving.  They have beaten the Jags and Seahawks, but the Browns just took them into overtime.   This might be a chance to steal a victory, but I would not bet on it.

....@Broncos (3-3) have the number one defense in the league.  I have no idea what just happened to them against the Chargers, but they are not that bad.  No way I am predicting we will beat them in Denver.

....Browns  They suck.  We win

....Stealers  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.

....Bears  They suck.  We win.

....@Vikings (4-3) have the #4 defense and #12 offense and will play us at home.

....Lions.  They suck.  We might win.

....@Ravens.  They suck.  We might win.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Our defense has the ability to shut down almost any team in the league.  They just have to cut down on the number of big plays they give up on mental lapses or poor tackling.  Tackling is much better than last year, but we have still given up too many big plays on broken tackles. 

But our offense will only function against a team with a weak pass defense.  Our run game is non-existent.  We can't even run consistently against average to weak run defenses.

And even though I support Dalton I admit that one of his big weaknesses is inconsistency.  When he is good he is very good, and he is not bad as often as some people claim.  But when he is bad he can be horrid.

Conclusion.  If our defense plays with zero margin of error and Bad Andy doesn't show up we could win a few games.  Since there are so few good teams in the AFC this year it is possible we could even sneak into the playoffs.  But that is "best case scenario" not "reasonable expectation".

I see 3 more games on the schedule that I would pick us to win (Colts, Bears, Browns).  5-11 is a real possibility.  But we should also beat the Ravens and Lions.  So I am predicting between 5 and 7 wins.

....@Jaguars (4-3) have the #2 scoring defense and #9 scoring offense.  They beat the Ravens 44-7 and the Ravens 30-9. 

....@Titans (4-3) have talent, but they are underachieving.  They have beaten the Jags and Seahawks, but the Browns just took them into overtime.   This might be a chance to steal a victory, but I would not bet on it.

....@Broncos (3-3) have the number one defense in the league.  I have no idea what just happened to them against the Chargers, but they are not that bad.  No way I am predicting we will beat them in Denver.

....@Vikings (4-3) have the #4 defense and #12 offense and will play us at home.

....Colts.  They suck.  We find a way to loose.

....@Jaguars (4-3) have the #2 scoring defense and #9 scoring offense.  They beat the Ravens 44-7 and the Ravens 30-9. we loose

....@Titans (4-3) have talent, but they are underachieving.  They have beaten the Jags and Seahawks, but the Browns just took them into overtime.   This might be a chance to steal a victory, but I would not bet on it. we loose

....@Broncos (3-3) have the number one defense in the league.  I have no idea what just happened to them against the Chargers, but they are not that bad.  No way I am predicting we will beat them in Denver. we loose

....Browns  They suck.  We still find a way to loose

....Stealers  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat. we loose

....Bears  They suck.  We loose

....@Vikings (4-3) have the #4 defense and #12 offense and will play us at home. we still loose

....Lions.  They suck.  We might win but we still loose

....@Ravens.  They suck.  We might win but its flacco - we loose

fixed

So that leaves us at 2-14 - we can only go up from there! Do I think we are really that bad right now - YES - will we improve - Maybe - will we win more than two games - at this point i wouldn't bet money on it. Its time to let Andy Walk - Fire Marv - and move on to 2018! Don't get me wrong - I will cheer, yell, hope and pray we turn it around, I just don't see it.

7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I have to go with blind fanism here and say 10-6 with nothing to support this claim except pure blind fanism.  

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

8-8.  It's a shame too since the AFC is pretty wide open this year.  Two offensive lineman away from 12-4.

3 I think.  I'm not sold on Hopkins either.  And maybe 4.  How many more years does Big Dre have left?

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

3 I think.  I'm not sold on Hopkins either.  And maybe 4.  How many more years does Big Dre have left?

3 Quality O lineman would probably put us at the top of the AFC particularly if they can run block.  Quality defense, balanced top 10 offense is a good recipe for championships.

2 would get us really close. 

12 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

I have to go with blind fanism here and say 10-6 with nothing to support this claim except pure blind fanism.  

20 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Conclusion.  If our defense plays with zero margin of error and Bad Andy doesn't show up we could win a few games.  Since there are so few good teams in the AFC this year it is possible we could even sneak into the playoffs. 

3cb68e606849c196aa7f6f075e9f3beaec51ff2a

Archived