Fix this team with one draft pick and one free agent in 2018

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We can fix it sooner

A guy to be looking at in the offseason who will be a Free Agent is Chris Hubbard. He is a backup OL for the Stealers but has been starting at RT with Marcus Gilbert out. They are not going to be able to pay him and we can offer him a starters role. Steeler nation has done some nice writeups about him. 

You sign him and then Draft McGlinchey and we are a center away from a decent line. 

http://www.Stealersdepot.com/2017/10...berts-problem/
http://www.Stealersdepot.com/2017/10...obility-table/

As far as a trade now the Bills need RB and WR depth.  Maybe Seantrell Henderson. He is a FA after this year though.

Hubbard honestly isn't very good at all. I could write something up with a few GIFs of Ogbuehi's handful of cherrypicked good plays and make it sound like he's an All-Pro LT, but it doesn't mean it's the truth. Watch Hubbard play for a full game, he's not good.

42 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Hubbard honestly isn't very good at all. I could write something up with a few GIFs of Ogbuehi's handful of cherrypicked good plays and make it sound like he's an All-Pro LT, but it doesn't mean it's the truth. Watch Hubbard play for a full game, he's not good.

They have had success with him in the lineup. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

They have had success with him in the lineup. 

I can find you a bad lineman on literally every line in the NFL, including the teams that have been having success.

Not 100% sure the logic lines up that suggesting a good OL = all 5 men on the line are automatically playing well.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I can find you a bad lineman on literally every line in the NFL, including the teams that have been having success.

Not 100% sure the logic lines up that suggesting a good OL = all 5 men on the line are automatically playing well.

he might be terrible. But he isn't Cedric Ogbuehi level terrible. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

he might be terrible. But he isn't Cedric Ogbuehi level terrible. 

Yeah Hubbard is a RT though so we just need to see if he's Fisher level of terrible or not haha I'm actually starting to get more concerned with our interior OL than the tackles. The past 2 games I think the inside got blown up more, but it's been a close race to see if the inside or outside has been worse this season. These guys are putting a lot of effort into seeing who is a bigger trainwreck.

Honestly we just need to blow up the OL including PA and only keep a piece or two from this disaster. I just hope a signing like Hubbard wouldn't be what the team decides to go with and think that will fix much. I wouldn't crucify them for trying to sign someone like Hubbard but only after we grab Kline and/or Jensen first.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

We  are already spending $12 mil a year on the ENTIRE offensive line.  We can't afford to be throwing any more money around. 

Damn, add that to the injury pool and contracts for the 2018 rookie class and I bet we're $3.7 trillion over the cap!

6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah Hubbard is a RT though so we just need to see if he's Fisher level of terrible or not haha I'm actually starting to get more concerned with our interior OL than the tackles. The past 2 games I think the inside got blown up more, but it's been a close race to see if the inside or outside has been worse this season. These guys are putting a lot of effort into seeing who is a bigger trainwreck.

Honestly we just need to blow up the OL including PA and only keep a piece or two from this disaster. I just hope a signing like Hubbard wouldn't be what the team decides to go with and think that will fix much. I wouldn't crucify them for trying to sign someone like Hubbard but only after we grab Kline and/or Jensen first.

The Ravens are bumped up against the cap so Jensen might make sense but I'm not sure about Kline. 

10 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

The Ravens are bumped up against the cap so Jensen might make sense but I'm not sure about Kline. 

With the Titans having a billion dollars in cap space, I can't see them not bringing him back. He's not a guy that's going to command anything near Zeitler or DeCastro $$$ so I can't see him anywhere but TEN next year.

RG seems like a huge under the radar need for us. Everyone is complaining about Ooogie Boogie, Fisher, and Bodine, but I don't see enough bitching about how terrible the RG play has been this season. Tons of pressure coming from that side and we can't run for shit to the right.

A good center probably brings the biggest difference to this line even though Og and Fisher have been awful. If I could only pick 1 to upgrade, I'd go with C right at this very moment. That could change by the end of the year, but Jensen could be a difference maker for us and it would also take a good player from a division rival.

With the Titans having a billion dollars in cap space, I can't see them not bringing him back. He's not a guy that's going to command anything near Zeitler or DeCastro $$$ so I can't see him anywhere but TEN next year.

RG seems like a huge under the radar need for us. Everyone is complaining about Ooogie Boogie, Fisher, and Bodine, but I don't see enough bitching about how terrible the RG play has been this season. Tons of pressure coming from that side and we can't run for shit to the right.

A good center probably brings the biggest difference to this line even though Og and Fisher have been awful. If I could only pick 1 to upgrade, I'd go with C right at this very moment. That could change by the end of the year, but Jensen could be a difference maker for us and it would also take a good player from a division rival.

I keep wanting to see Westerman. Is he not ready? Is he not good? Or is it that they traded up for Jethro and insist on playing him to validate it? I have no idea, but I have the constant feeling that their decisions aren't always based on best player over what they have invested. 

14 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I keep wanting to see Westerman. Is henot ready? Is he not good? Or is it that they traded up for Jethro and insist on playing him to validate it? I have no idea, but I have the constant feeling that their decisions aren't always based on best player over what they have invested. 

I agree with all of this.  Not just for Westerman (who I also would like to see) but the idea of playing guys based on what they paid for them/where they were drafted over guys who are perhaps better.  Not to get into this  whizzing contest, but I often feel that way about Andy and McCarron.  The little I (we) have seen of McCarron shows a swagger and attitude that is missing with mopey Andy.  Seeing people get giddy over a quarterback with a 108 rating throwing balls into the dirt in the end zone or over receivers' heads gets old.  When is the time to say Ogbuhei and Fisher are close to busts and do something about it, hopefully from within, and go from there.

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I agree with all of this.  Not just for Westerman (who I also would like to see) but the idea of playing guys based on what they paid for them/where they were drafted over guys who are perhaps better.  Not to get into this  whizzing contest, but I often feel that way about Andy and McCarron.  The little I (we) have seen of McCarron shows a swagger and attitude that is missing with mopey Andy.  Seeing people get giddy over a quarterback with a 108 rating throwing balls into the dirt in the end zone or over receivers' heads gets old.  When is the time to say Ogbuhei and Fisher are close to busts and do something about it, hopefully from within, and go from there.

I think I found a guy that's giddy over his 108 rating QB throwing balls in the dirt and also thinks Oogie and Fisher are close to busts.

But yeah. Mc-Scoot-Er! Mc-Scoot-Er! Mc-Scoot-Er! Let's hear it boys, chant it with me now! Mc-Scoot-Er!

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Seeing people get giddy over a quarterback with a 108 rating throwing balls into the dirt in the end zone or over receivers' heads gets old.

Yeah, nothing worse than high efficiency passing numbers from a QB with zero run game and zero pass protection.

Who needs more completions, yards, tds and wins when we can have "swagger".:rolleyes:

I think I found a guy that's giddy over his 108 rating QB throwing balls in the dirt and also thinks Oogie and Fisher are close to busts.

But yeah. Mc-Scoot-Er! Mc-Scoot-Er! Mc-Scoot-Er! Let's hear it boys, chant it with me now! Mc-Scoot-Er!

Good reply. +1

(no ninja)

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

Good reply. +1

(no ninja)

In all honesty though, I don't even think Andy is a great QB, I just don't get the any-other-QB-behind-this-same-line hype. Dalton is in that weird spot where he's not good enough to be among the elites but he's not terrible so you can't just play QB carousel trying to find a replacement when he's not costing us games by himself or anything (usually) like some other QBs out there.

Give me Andy behind a fixed line before another QB behind what we're rolling with right now. If you ask "why not both?", I wouldn't disagree, but 1 of those things clearly needs fixed before the other IMO. I have no issue drafting a QB in one of the top rounds to try and find another franchise QB with some different traits, but I want the damn OL fixed first!

Archived