Garoppolo Traded To Niners Duane Brown to Seahawks

Yeah winless San Francisco is really showing us how it's done...  I could maybe see your point with Brown, no secret that I hate our rotating cast of bums at OT & think Alexander should've been fired 10 years ago but how does this prove the "Bengals are(n't) interested in improving?

That's like saying the salad I ate earlier proves you are unhealthy.  

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah winless San Francisco is really showing us how it's done...  I could maybe see your point with Brown, no secret that I hate our rotating cast of bums at OT & think Alexander should've been fired 10 years ago but how does this prove the "Bengals are(n't) interested in improving?

That's like saying the salad I ate earlier proves you are unhealthy.  

..as for Garoppolo I think we can get something in return for Macarron. He is going to walk at years end anyway.I think he's worth a 2nd rounder no doubt.

I wouldn't mind giving Ebron a shot here.

If we can give guys that smack strippers and punch out young girls a chance then I'm sure we could handle seeing what a very athletic TE can do that just seems a bit lazy and needs a kick in the ass and a change of scenery.

I feel bad for the guy, I saw a Lions writer(?) say that Eric Ebron is the only player in the league that plays 16 away games per year with how often he's boo'd at home games hahahaha

33 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I wouldn't mind giving Ebron a shot here.

If we can give guys that smack strippers and punch out young girls a chance then I'm sure we could handle seeing what a very athletic TE can do that just seems a bit lazy and needs a kick in the ass and a change of scenery.

I feel bad for the guy, I saw a Lions writer(?) say that Eric Ebron is the only player in the league that plays 16 away games per year with how often he's boo'd at home games hahahaha

he's booed because he sucks....... cant catch, injured often and is a lazy ass...pass 

I sure as hell wouldn't trade anything for him.

15 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

he's booed because he sucks....... cant catch, injured often and is a lazy ass...pass 

I sure as hell wouldn't trade anything for him.

His drops are way overblown when you look at the amount he's targeted and compared to other receivers around the league. People act like he leads the league in drop% every year or something when he hasn't come close. I think he could use a change of scenery and have solid production outside of Detroit.

I'm looking around at guys that seem to be on the chopping block and we could use a guy like him if he turns the light switch on. Teams aren't trading many good starters at this point; we're looking at 3rd stringers, a handful of backups, and the few disgruntled employees around the league. I'd love to say that we should trade some high draft picks and rebuild our entire OL on the trade deadline, but that's obviously not going to happen. Ebron could be somewhat realistic with Eifert out and Ebron being a potentially high upside TE.

14 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Ebron led TEs in drops in 2016 with 7,and his drop percentage was 5th worse overall (65 receptions 85 targets 7 drops)

4th most drops in  2015 (45 receptions 70 targets 5 drops)

18th in 2014 (25 receptions 45 targets 4 drops)

Oh he's definitely had some drops, it's just an overblown issue IMO. If you read the comment section on his articles you'd think he drops every pass that goes his way. There are some very, very good receiving TEs and WRs that are in that 7-8% range sometimes, he just happens to be in that range consistently (which is obviously not great) so he needs to work on his hands a bit more.

<5% is ideal so it's something he needs to work on, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I understand the concern, but he'd probably not be on the trading block if he were the perfect TE ya know? I'd love to see what he can do here. He's got some untapped potential in there somewhere.

I just posted the stats I found... I know a couple Lions fans and they say he would drop a wet dream if given the chance. He is no worse than the average TE in regards to drops. I do believe he has a reputation for shoddy work habits and laziness. Don't know about a trade though, unless they would settle for a late round pick. Why not give him a shot, sometimes people just need a change of scenery or a different scheme.

Justin Smith, Reggie Nelson, Terrance Newman, Evan Mathis come to mind. 

Yeah I completely understand why some people don't want him or wouldn't want to give up anything for him for that matter. I just find his skillset to be interesting and he's obviously an athletic guy that could fill our pass catching TE role very well IF he found the switch to turn it all on by getting out of Detroit and into a new scheme.

Or maybe he would drop a bunch of passes and not block very well here. That would kinda suck, but I'm in the camp that would be willing to take the risk for a low rounder. Just not our 4th round pick, we always seem to find our gems there for whatever reason :lol: I'd trade a 5th round pick to rent Ebron though, but would that get it done? Keep him around for another season if he shows potential or cut him next offseason with nothing lost but a late round pick if he seems lazy and sucks. I wouldn't trade a starting player or a 1st-3rd for him though, I completely agree with staying away from him if that's the price. I'm just going with this idea assuming he won't need a lot in return.

Jay Ajayi was just traded for a 4th round pick and he had something like 1400+ yards from scrimmage last year.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:01 AM, omgdrdoom said:

His drops are way overblown when you look at the amount he's targeted and compared to other receivers around the league. People act like he leads the league in drop% every year or something when he hasn't come close. I think he could use a change of scenery and have solid production outside of Detroit.

I'm looking around at guys that seem to be on the chopping block and we could use a guy like him if he turns the light switch on. Teams aren't trading many good starters at this point; we're looking at 3rd stringers, a handful of backups, and the few disgruntled employees around the league. I'd love to say that we should trade some high draft picks and rebuild our entire OL on the trade deadline, but that's obviously not going to happen. Ebron could be somewhat realistic with Eifert out and Ebron being a potentially high upside TE.

He only catches 46% of his targets and drops over 10% of them.  Those are bad numbers. 

Archived