Keep an eye on Jeremy Hill today

2 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

O joy a 2018 6th round pick at best.

:lol: I feel ya, but hey, Jeremy isn't doing anything here behind our line. I wouldn't mind seeing him get to play behind a couple of road graders somewhere else in the league and get to have some success.

We're paying Gio and drafted Mixon who is getting the bulk of our touches now, Hill is gone in free agency for no return so I hope we get anything out of him at this point.

15 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Darn it!  Now you've got my hopes up and I'm going to be logging in every 15 minutes to see if he's gone.

Who needs a running back and has an extra offensive lineman or two?

Hill for Ebron

Hill to Miami for late round pick

Hill for Joe Looney (Dallas)

Hill for Weston Richburg (NYG)

Hill to Seahawks for late round pick

I like any of those myself, preferably landing someone like Looney or Richburg. Or send Hill to Miami/Detroit/Seattle for a draft pick and then send a pick of our own to New York for Richburg.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

All this from some random emoji off Twitter? Maybe he forgot to take the trash out. 

Hill goes days, weeks, sometimes a month+ without Tweeting anything (not counting retweets).

He didn't randomly tweet out an emoji like that on the day of the trade deadline with rumors of him getting moved for no reason at all. He's either doing this to fuck with people or he's getting traded today.

Read on a speculation story on Yahoo where the 49ers would not mind parting with Joe Staley and/or Carlos Hyde.

Hill and Fisher or Ogbuhei for Staley and a draft pick?

Would love to say Hill and Ogbuhei for Staley and Hyde but probably not.  Sweeten the pot with something.

I think Hill is worth more than a low draft pick.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Doubt Hill moves today, but it would be interesting to hear if any teams even reached out or tried to make a deal.

I would be surprised if our ownership knew there was a trade deadline. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Jeremy knew the AJ talks were happening.

Yeah seems like it was either that or he was messing with people since Hill has been rumored to be one of our pieces to be traded. Doesn't seem like the team was very interested in moving Hill after all. 

I'd make a total guess and say Hill was making people speculate knowing he wasn't getting traded and Jim O knew about the AJM negotiations. 

16 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I'm going to laugh when the bengals sign hill to a big off season contract.....

He gets about 5 carries per game and is averaging less than 1 target per game. I can't see any possible way the Bengals offer him a contract that he accepts. They'd offer him 3rd string money and he wants a bigger role somewhere.

51 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Bengals won't sign him, but I would not be surprised if Hill performed very well some where else.

I think any of our backs would perform well somewhere else with a line that can block. 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think any of our backs would perform well somewhere else with a line that can block. 

Same here, and I really like Hill's downhill style both as a fan and because we've had good luck with them in the past.  AFCN has no domed stadiums and typically defensive-oriented teams.  A power running game is a no-brainer.  

Regardless of how good he may or may not be, I just want them to get the stench of that 2015 playoff debacle behind them, and that means not suiting up the main culprit every week.  Also look forward to Pacman being gone.  I'm going to find it hard to root for this team until that happens.  Any time I see either of them in a Bengals uniform, I'm reminded of one of, if not the, darkest day in the history of the franchise.

6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Regardless of how good he may or may not be, I just want them to get the stench of that 2015 playoff debacle behind them, and that means not suiting up the main culprit every week.  Also look forward to Pacman being gone.  I'm going to find it hard to root for this team until that happens.  Any time I see either of them in a Bengals uniform, I'm reminded of one of, if not the, darkest day in the history of the franchise.

Jeremy just doesn't fit our style of offense right now, especially the OL. It doesn't matter much because he's going to get 5 touches per game going forward barring injury, so I wouldn't be too worked up about him being on the team. He'll go to New York or Miami next year and have a couple decent years. It is what it is, maybe he'll play enough for us to get more juicy comp picks.

As far as Adam Jones goes, are you really looking forward to our best CB (in 2017 at least) being gone? I'm not. He's 34 and has been a shut down corner when he's on the field this year. WJIII is the only guy remotely close to his level this season.

Archived