Keep an eye on Jeremy Hill today

8 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I respect what Jones has done on the field, but every team that ever won a Super Bowl, did so without Adam Jones on the roster.  I agree that he needs to stay at this time, but I won't shed any tears when his time with the team is over.

Isn't that true about every player on this team?

40 minutes ago, Hooky said:

So Bleeds is saying to get rid of everybody except him?

Basically haha gotta keep Marvin too since he has a ring. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if some of our fans ran the show though?

Geno Atkins - "Hey there Mr. Owner, what did you need to see me for today?"

BleedsOrange - "Well, looks like we need to let you go, you're officially released from your contract and I won't be shedding any tears over this."

Geno - "Ummm..okay, could I ask why?"

BleedsOrange - "I respect what you've done on the field, but every team that has won a Super Bowl has done so without you on the roster."

Geno - giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Basically haha gotta keep Marvin too since he has a ring. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if some of our fans ran the show though?

Geno Atkins - "Hey there Mr. Owner, what did you need to see me for today?"

BleedsOrange - "Well, looks like we need to let you go, you're officially released from your contract and I won't be shedding any tears over this."

Geno - "Ummm..okay, could I ask why?"

BleedsOrange - "I respect what you've done on the field, but every team that has won a Super Bowl has done so without you on the roster."

Geno - giphy.gif

Perfect. Then:

Bleeds Orange: Thank you. That is all. Oh, can you send in Mr Dunlap please.

On 11/5/2017 at 1:35 AM, Bleeds Orange said:

Maybe I made a weak analogy, but the point was and still is, he is not irreplaceable.  Find a way to win without him and his baggage, just as every other winning team has done. 

Name a winning team that has zero players with "baggage".

22 hours ago, Bunghole said:

He would if he had a line. How do you think he'd do behind the Cowboys offensive line, with Dak Prescott as his QB?

I already said any of the 3 would do well behind a real o line.  I think the best player given our situation right now is Gio to be honest.  Best chance of missing the guy 2 feet in front of him when Andy gives him the ball.  More dynamic out of the back field as well.   Mixon and Hill need a little time for the hole to develop but that simply is not happening.   

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Paul Hornung suspended by the NFL for an entire year for gambling connections.

That was in 1963.  Besides, that would probably never happen today.  Hell the Rooney's owned racetracks and that was "overlooked".  Of course Hornung was a legendary party boy along with some of his other teammates.  They had it good in the world before TMZ.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Gambling connections? IN THE NFL?!

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

10 hours ago, Bunghole said:

T-Dub, please stop. You know the NFL is the Shield Of Purity. Your non-stop references to a gambling connection, a conspiracy or anything of the sort are not welcome here. Final warning.

th-9.jpeg

Adam "Smurfman" Jones

approves this message

(these messages)

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Gambling connections? IN THE NFL?!

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

No.  Nothing crazy at all because the NFL punished the person guilty of this.

What would be totally crazy would be to claim that the NFL itself was actually in on the gambling fixes instead of punishing players for possibly doing it.

Just shows the lack of reasoning skills possessed by some conspiracy theorist.

14 hours ago, Bunghole said:

T-Dub, please stop. You know the NFL is the Shield Of Purity. Your non-stop references to a gambling connection, a conspiracy or anything of the sort are not welcome here. Final warning.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but what's wrong with a person having their own opinion?

7 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but what's wrong with a person having their own opinion?

Running joke around here where a few people get really upset at any suggestion of malfeasance from an antitrust law-exempt sports league founded by bookies, degenerate gamblers and other mafia associates.  They like to complain about other people "constantly" talking about it but are usually the ones that bring it up.  More to the point, calling it a "conspiracy theory" is their way of ridiculing the notion that the NFL might sometimes put profits ahead of such lofty goals as sportsmanship and fair play.  Apparently this is a shocking allegation to the type of person who still believes they walked in on Mommy & Daddy wrestling or that the family dog went to live on a farm in the country. 

Anyway, I knew Bung was making a joke.  Nothing to see here.

tumblr_mbui1kpPoU1rxdw8g.gif

Archived